THE BROWNS BOARD

Eric Steinbach

Nw220

The Cleveland Browns plan to release offensive guard Eric Steinbach at 4:00pm eastern on Wednesday, according to his agent, Jack Bechta.

Steinbach will immediately become a free agent.

The 31-year-old lineman from Iowa spent the first four seasons of his career in Cincinnati before signing a seven-year, $49.5 million contract with the Cleveland Browns in 2007.

Steinbach started 62 of a possible 64 games during his four years in Cleveland, but missed the entire 2011 campaign after undergoing back surgery last August. The former Hawkeye surrendered just 12.5 sacks in 62 games with the Browns.

Steinbach and his agent, Jack Bechta (a contributor at the National Football Post) have released the following joint statement to the NFP:

“Eric Steinbach could part ways with the Cleveland Browns. Asked to take a significant salary reduction in late February, the two sides have not been able to reach an agreement on a new deal, so Steinbach has asked for his release. However, the two sides will keep talking while Steinbach will simultaneously explore the free agent market.”

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Browns-set-to-release-Steinbach.html

The Cleveland Browns plan to release offensive guard Eric Steinbach at 4:00pm eastern on Wednesday, according to his agent, Jack Bechta.

Steinbach will immediately become a free agent.

The 31-year-old lineman from Iowa spent the first four seasons of his career in Cincinnati before signing a seven-year, $49.5 million contract with the Cleveland Browns in 2007.

Steinbach started 62 of a possible 64 games during his four years in Cleveland, but missed the entire 2011 campaign after undergoing back surgery last August. The former Hawkeye surrendered just 12.5 sacks in 62 games with the Browns.

Steinbach and his agent, Jack Bechta (a contributor at the National Football Post) have released the following joint statement to the NFP:

“Eric Steinbach could part ways with the Cleveland Browns. Asked to take a significant salary reduction in late February, the two sides have not been able to reach an agreement on a new deal, so Steinbach has asked for his release. However, the two sides will keep talking while Steinbach will simultaneously explore the free agent market.”

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Browns-set-to-release-Steinbach.html

Well, I think we saw that coming for the most part, with Pinkston getting 16 starts under his belt.

I was partly wondering if they would bring back Steiny at a reduced rate and move Pinkston to RT, but I would much rather they get keep Pinkstion at LG and get a much better player at RT.

Zombo

awww... bullshit.

Too bad, but with his year ending injury...and questionable future, I am not all that surprised.

But it does mean the Browns OL depth is lowered....and they need to pick up some bodies...more than one now. They need a FA and a draftee, maybe a couple of each.

They have made no moves on the OL except to release two past starters.

Maybe they are high on this Cordy Glenn in the draft?

Well, I think we saw that coming for the most part, with Pinkston getting 16 starts under his belt.

I was partly wondering if they would bring back Steiny at a reduced rate and move Pinkston to RT, but I would much rather they get keep Pinkstion at LG and get a much better player at RT.

Zombo

There is still a possibility that they might sign him at a reduced rate. i would think they need to go through this release process first(but i'm not sure about that).

Archived