THE BROWNS BOARD

Holmgren's Promise

TheClevelandSound

Quote from Holmgren yesterday:

"Going from 4-12 to 6-10 isn't good enough," Holmgren said. "And that's been conveyed. I believe we are going to be better than that -- in fact, we're going to be a lot better than that. Hang in there a little longer."

Maybe he is starting to get it.

Pitts 2x

Balt 2x

Cincy 2x

Buff

dall

NYG

Wash

Philly

Indy

KC

Den

SD

OAK

You tell me where you see 7-9 wins against that schedule.. I could see us being 2-14 very easily, this could be a very lloongg year, will make the drives to Cleveland very long this winter.

He didnt promise anything. He just wants the team to do better and thinks they should...and I dont blame him one iota.

Pitts 2x

Balt 2x

Cincy 2x

Buff

dall

NYG

Wash

Philly

Indy

KC

Den

SD

OAK

You tell me where you see 7-9 wins against that schedule.. I could see us being 2-14 very easily, this could be a very lloongg year, will make the drives to Cleveland very long this winter.

We might beat Indy if it is at home and maybe Oakland ...... 2-14 at the most

This is sad. The Eagles and Jets garuntee a super bowl, while Holmie is shooting for 7 games.

Im pretty sure he believes that the world is ending in December because he knows that he is putting together a 4 win team.

How did that work for the Jets and the Eagles last season? Shut the fuck up.

We might beat Indy if it is at home and maybe Oakland ...... 2-14 at the most

Shut the fuck up.

i think holmgren should shut his mouth.

so far, with getting rid of hillis AND steinbach, we've gone backwards once again.

if we don't draft 8 pro bowlers then we will not be better than 6-10 7-9 next year.

& as a minor note they let Mike Adams and Artis Hicks walk too. No RB, no RT, Little the #1 wr, Colt as starting qb. Whoopee! As you said, Heckert better pull a few draft rabbits out of his hat.

& as a minor note they let Mike Adams and Artis Hicks walk too. No RB, no RT, Little the #1 wr, Colt as starting qb. Whoopee! As you said, Heckert better pull a few draft rabbits out of his hat.

its strange....but in a 75 percent sorta way i agree with what King Ghoolie has been saying about Holmgren. maybe he's got his head WAAAYYYYY too far up his own ass to even think practically about the Browns.

Gipper said it best, Holmgren is either arrogant or ignorant. one of the two, maybe both.

im still so fuckin pissed at hillis walking. i can see holmgren waving out his penthouse office to hillis driving away. "bye peyton! thanks for being a huge asset to the team!"

id kick homgren in his ASSet for letting this shit happen.

Pitts 2x -Cleveland wins one of these

Balt 2x -Cleveland wins one of these

Cincy 2x -Certainly we win one maybe both of these

Buff -Cleveland

dall -Close one but Cleveland wins this one

NYG -When was the last time Cleveland lost to the defending SB Champs? Cleveland

Wash -Ahahaha Cleveland stomps Washington and Taylor flattens RG3

Philly -Cleveland

Indy -Easily Cleveland

KC -Cleveland

Den -Cleveland

SD -Wow, Cleveland

OAK -Ahahaahahaaa Cleveland again... Wow, what this Cleveland @ 14-2 at the most 10-6 at minimum- watch.

Who knows what will happen. Teams change daily. Based on that schedule, I must say I'm glad we play the AFC West. Other than that, it could be a rough on. At least we get to watch the great Andrew Luck play once this year. Hopefully that is the first game of the year so he won't be fully adjusted yet.

Pitts 2x - Split

Balt 2x - Split

Cincy 2x - at least a split

Buff - W

dall - W

NYG - L

Wash - W

Philly - L

Indy - W

KC - W

Den - L

SD - W

OAK - W

I do believe this is possible. I am by no means guaranteeing it but it is possible. This would put us at 10-6 pr 11-5. This schedule is not that bad.

Pitts 2x - Split

Balt 2x - Split

Cincy 2x - at least a split

Buff - W

dall - W

NYG - L

Wash - W

Philly - L

Indy - W

KC - W

Den - L

SD - W

OAK - W

I do believe this is possible. I am by no means guaranteeing it but it is possible. This would put us at 10-6 pr 11-5. This schedule is not that bad.

You're 10-6 has us splitting with every team in the division that regularly beats our face in. Whats happens when they sweep us again ... 7-9.

We will also probably find a way to lose a couple of the "winnable" games. Unless Colt makes a huge jump from last yr to this year we are in for a long season. Unless we get a real QB. Like last season this season will also ride on the right arm of Colt McCoy.

edit: ...This season will ride on the BACK of Trent Richardson and The Arm of Colt McCoy supplemented by the hands of Greg Little.

This is just an outsider's opinion, but here goes:

Pitts 2x - Probably win one of these. Pittsburgh is old and not going to be as good this year.

Balt 2x - Probably lose both. Sorry.

Cincy 2x - Probably split. Can probably sneak a win in here.

Buff - L

dall - W

NYG - L

Wash - L

Philly - W

Indy - W

KC - L

Den - W if they don't get Manning

SD - W

OAK - W

Philthy and Dallass are always overhyped. With a good running game you could sneak in wins there. Indy is going to be bad for at least two years. Denver is a W if they don't land Manning. SD is a surprise win, I just don't see much in them this year, they're losing a lot of pieces. Oakland isn't going to be good this year. Al Davis' last year cost his team dearly.

That would put the Browns at 8-8

Pitts 2x

Balt 2x

Cincy 2x

Buff

dall

NYG

Wash

Philly

Indy

KC

Den

SD

OAK

2-14 sounds about right, there's only two teams there who had worse records than us last season.

Anything can happen and next season is a long ways away but not a lot to be optimistic about.

I've been trying to stay calm and see what moves we have in store but what the fuck. First we lose out to the insane Dan Snyder on RG3, and Holmgren tells us we couldn't have gotten him no matter what we offered? He must think we are fucking stupid. The we let Hillis walk and all he got elsewhere was a one year 3M contract, again WHAT THE FUCK, Frostee numbnuts got more $$ than that and he has 7 sacks and 68 tackles in 5 years and then we tell Frostee he is going to be our starter? (Who the fuck names their kid frostee??) Then we sign some 33 year old Eagles castoff, I'm so sick of accumulating the old players from wherever our current coach or GM used to work. We're just now getting rid of all the useless Jets players Mangini brought in. Its not like we have this massive depth at RB, Montario Hardlyplays and obiwankenobi!! Who is going to run the goddamn ball next year? We cut Pashos and Steinbach but haven't signed a goddamn offensive lineman? Where is our fucking right tackle in FA?? No sign of a veteran WR either. So we signed a couple of our own guys like Jackson and patterson which is great but on the other hand we won four games with them on the team last year so that isn't moving the team forward. We got more cap space now than we did at the beginning of the week with the cuts and players leaving. I'm starting to think the Dolans bought the Browns and we didn't hear about it. Someone said we re-signed O'neil Cousins but I haven't seen that anywhere else so it better not be true or I'm going to jump off a bridge somewhere. We don't have enough draft picks to fill all the holes on this team, what would be wrong with picking up a few good younger guys through free agency, other fucking teams do it. Im a Browns fan, Im going to continue to be a browns fan no matter what but I am so sick of this fucking shit after following this team for ever.

I've been trying to stay calm and see what moves we have in store but what the fuck. First we lose out to the insane Dan Snyder on RG3, and Holmgren tells us we couldn't have gotten him no matter what we offered? He must think we are fucking stupid. The we let Hillis walk and all he got elsewhere was a one year 3M contract, again WHAT THE FUCK, Frostee numbnuts got more $$ than that and he has 7 sacks and 68 tackles in 5 years and then we tell Frostee he is going to be our starter? (Who the fuck names their kid frostee??) Then we sign some 33 year old Eagles castoff, I'm so sick of accumulating the old players from wherever our current coach or GM used to work. We're just now getting rid of all the useless Jets players Mangini brought in. Its not like we have this massive depth at RB, Montario Hardlyplays and obiwankenobi!! Who is going to run the goddamn ball next year? We cut Pashos and Steinbach but haven't signed a goddamn offensive lineman? Where is our fucking right tackle in FA?? No sign of a veteran WR either. So we signed a couple of our own guys like Jackson and patterson which is great but on the other hand we won four games with them on the team last year so that isn't moving the team forward. We got more cap space now than we did at the beginning of the week with the cuts and players leaving. I'm starting to think the Dolans bought the Browns and we didn't hear about it. Someone said we re-signed O'neil Cousins but I haven't seen that anywhere else so it better not be true or I'm going to jump off a bridge somewhere. We don't have enough draft picks to fill all the holes on this team, what would be wrong with picking up a few good younger guys through free agency, other fucking teams do it. Im a Browns fan, Im going to continue to be a browns fan no matter what but I am so sick of this fucking shit after following this team for ever.

Roid rage much?

Roid rage much?

He might be angry, but he is being objective. One could make a case the Browns as of today are actually worse than they were at the start of the 2011 season. No running back to speak of, and no RT. A #1 wr that on almost any other team would be a #2. Mike Adams is gone too- without so much as a cursory offer. I want someone to explain to me how this "addition by subtraction" makes the Browns a better team. EDIT: Subtracting Jaymie Mitchell did- he stunk.

There are far too many holes on this team right now to be competitive this year- unless Heckert hits, and hits big on all his draft picks.

Look for the "Factory of Sadness" to continue at least one more season.

He might be angry, but he is being objective. One could make a case the Browns as of today are actually worse than they were at the start of the 2011 season. No running back to speak of, and no RT. A #1 wr that on almost any other team would be a #2. Mike Adams is gone too- without so much as a cursory offer. I want someone to explain to me how this "addition by subtraction" makes the Browns a better team. EDIT: Subtracting Jaymie Mitchell did- he stunk.

There are far too many holes on this team right now to be competitive this year- unless Heckert hits, and hits big on all his draft picks.

Look for the "Factory of Sadness" to continue at least one more season.

I think everyone will settle down once the draft is over. Also, free agency isn't over either, as clearly stated by Tom Heckert. Patience is a virtue.

He didnt promise anything. He just wants the team to do better and thinks they should...and I dont blame him one iota.

Sorry Nick....he pretty much did.

Good. We better be, if not, this bunch needs to leave. In 3 years I could win 6-7 games, be it at Coach, GM, or President.

This is a game. It doesn't take a friggen genius to get it done.

I think we will have a great draft that will put us in really good position. I have a feeling that Heckert is going to trade down again. I am thinking with the Rams at 6. The Rams get the WR they need badly, and we get take Richardson at 6 and the Rams second round pick. Then we take the Best WR on the board at 22, an olineman, and a corner or LB in the second round. If we do that we could end up with 4 really good players.

If we can pull this off then I think Holmgren could be right and we do finish with at least 7 wins.

This is just an outsider's opinion, but here goes:

Pitts 2x - Probably win one of these. Pittsburgh is old and not going to be as good this year.

Balt 2x - Probably lose both. Sorry.

Cincy 2x - Probably split. Can probably sneak a win in here.

Buff - L

dall - W

NYG - L

Wash - L

Philly - W

Indy - W

KC - L

Den - W if they don't get Manning

SD - W

OAK - W

Philthy and Dallass are always overhyped. With a good running game you could sneak in wins there. Indy is going to be bad for at least two years. Denver is a W if they don't land Manning. SD is a surprise win, I just don't see much in them this year, they're losing a lot of pieces. Oakland isn't going to be good this year. Al Davis' last year cost his team dearly.

That would put the Browns at 8-8

After spending so much time here, I thought you would join the family ! Sheesh ... friggin outsiders ! I dont know how well you know the Browns, but based on our strength the only time that we can mark as a win is Indy and the Giants. All other teams are already much better than us or have become better than us. Indy is the only team to lose a lot of players that added value. We will win against the Giants because for some friggin reason every year for the past 4 years we have been winning against the superbowl winners. I dont have a logical explanation for why we won but we did.

Indy have l

Pitts 2x -Cleveland wins one of these-Dreaming

Balt 2x -Cleveland wins one of these-Dreaming

Cincy 2x -Certainly we win one maybe both of these- Possible

Buff -Cleveland--- LOSS

dall -Close one but Cleveland wins this one--- LOSS

NYG -When was the last time Cleveland lost to the defending SB Champs? Cleveland LOSS

Wash -Ahahaha Cleveland stomps Washington and Taylor flattens RG3 LOSSSSSS

Philly -Cleveland LOSSSSS

Indy -Easily Cleveland You got one Right here

KC -Cleveland omg a streak

Den -Cleveland ---- LOSSS

SD -Wow, Cleveland---- LOSSSSS

OAK -Ahahaahahaaa Cleveland again... Wow, what this Cleveland @ 14-2 at the most 10-6 at minimum- watch. Possible win

Fixt for you. 4-12

Archived