THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade Down

7moses7

Here is a way the Dophins may draft out of desperation looking for a francise QB. Trade with Browns #8 and 2nd round this year and 2nd round next year for #4 draft Tannehill. Browns could draft this way

1 #8 Jonathan Martin T Stanford

1 #22 Steven Hill WR Georgia Tech

2 #8 Lamar Miller RB Miami

2 #23 Brandon Weeden QB Oklahoma State

3 #4 Josh Robinson CB Central Florida

4 #5 Terrell Manning OLB NC State

4 # Trenton Robinson FS Michigan State

5 #4 Greg Childs WR Arkansas

6 Lonnie Edwards G Texas Tech

7 Scott Wedige C Northern Illinois

This probably could have been added to an existing thread if you looked around, but I see a trade down as well.

History shows Heck likes picks, and after Clairborne, none of the players really strike me as a #4 pick, and I just don't see us going corner....though it wouldn't bother me if we did.

We'll drop a few slots and add a pick or two.

Just my guess.

In my opinion whether or not he trades down depends on the difference in ability he sees in Blackmon and Floyd. If he thinks there is not much of a drop off between the two or that both are equally as good, then he will trade down. Or if he thinks Richardson won't be grabbed at #5 by Tampa. I really think the 3 guys one his radar right now are Blackmon/Floyd and Richardson.

BTW does anyone know when Jeffery's pro day is. I want to finally see what his numbers will be.

Here is a way the Dophins may draft out of desperation looking for a francise QB. Trade with Browns #8 and 2nd round this year and 2nd round next year for #4 draft Tannehill. Browns could draft this way

1 #8 Jonathan Martin T Stanford

1 #22 Steven Hill WR Georgia Tech

2 #8 Lamar Miller RB Miami

2 #23 Brandon Weeden QB Oklahoma State

3 #4 Josh Robinson CB Central Florida

4 #5 Terrell Manning OLB NC State

4 # Trenton Robinson FS Michigan State

5 #4 Greg Childs WR Arkansas

6 Lonnie Edwards G Texas Tech

7 Scott Wedige C Northern Illinois

How about this instead

1#8 Melvin Ingram

1#22 Micheal Floyd/Kendall Wright

2#8 Lamar Miller

2#23 Mike Adams

3#4 Chase Minnifield

4#5 Ryan Broyles

And then whoever else would be fine but i think if are draft looked like that we would be adding some nice players..

How about this instead

1#8 Melvin Ingram

2#8 Lamar Miller

2#23 Mike Adamas

3#4 Chase Minnifield

4#5 Ryan Broyles

And then whoever else would be fine but i think if are draft looked like that we would be adding some nice players..

Minnifield isn't going to fall that far.

How about this instead

1#8 Melvin Ingram

2#8 Lamar Miller

2#23 Mike Adams

3#4 Chase Minnifield

4#5 Ryan Broyles

Wow.

Floyd is going somewhere from 10-20.

Lamar Miller may not make it past one of the Cincy picks- they REALLY need a RB.

Mike Adams isn't making it past Pittsbrugh in Round 1. So if you want him it has to be our 2nd 1st round pick #22.

One thing is certain the Browns need a STARTING RT- not a project. They have to use that #22 pick on a RT- there are solid tackles this season in the draft but the well is dry after the 1st round.

Wow.

Floyd is going somewhere from 10-20.

Lamar Miller may not make it past one of the Cincy picks- they REALLY need a RB.

Mike Adams isn't making it past Pittsbrugh in Round 1. So if you want him it has to be our 2nd 1st round pick #22.

One thing is certain the Browns need a STARTING RT- not a project. They have to use that #22 pick on a RT- there are solid tackles this season in the draft but the well is dry after the 1st round.

Everything you just stated is pure specualtion...

In my opinion whether or not he trades down depends on the difference in ability he sees in Blackmon and Floyd. If he thinks there is not much of a drop off between the two or that both are equally as good, then he will trade down. Or if he thinks Richardson won't be grabbed at #5 by Tampa. I really think the 3 guys one his radar right now are Blackmon/Floyd and Richardson.

BTW does anyone know when Jeffery's pro day is. I want to finally see what his numbers will be.

I've thought about this too. I don't see a huge difference, while I see a big difference between Richardson and the other backs.

If you trade down (add a pick) and then trade back (lose a pick) into a better position in the 1st round and somehow get Floyd, Richardson, a starting RT- that to me is a great draft.

Everything you just stated is pure specualtion...

Pittsburgh was all over the Pro Day at OSU. They need line help in the worst way. I'd be shocked if Adams makes it past them in Round 1. Let alone if he makes it to a #23 overall in the second round- I'll quit posting.

Miller could make it to our 2nd round pick- but I see him as a luxury pick for the really good teams that are set in a lot of positions- who wouldn't want to add his speed to their offense?

and none of that equates to them taking them in the first. was OSU's pro day the only event they attended, or was mike adams the only player attending OSU's pro day?

its due diligence to check out the available players. they've got a couple young players stepping in this year, so im not so sure your assumption is valid. willie coilon will be LT, and marcus gilbert (drafted last year) will be playing RT. they need help at guard more than tackle.

Dan Herron? Devier Posey? Brewster (possibly)? OSU has a very weak pro class this season.

The rumblings out of Columbus were Tomlin spending the day in Columbus to check out Adams- due diligence or not- Adams is an upgrade over both Colon and Gilbert. And as i stated before I'll leave if Mike Adams is slected middle/late second round.

With the way we have handled free agency the #22 pick becomes a must for a RT- in fact I'm very close to going guarentee mode with it.

adams has a few ???? that may slide him out of round 1....all i was saying is that he's one of many players tomlin is "interested" in. no way in hell would they take adams with a good LB like hightower on board....

taking a RT in the first is such a bad...bad idea. in no way is RT at 22 a must, so im not quite sure what ya mean. we didn't sign a premier RT, so we MUST draft one in the first round?

im not so sure anyone places such a high positional importance on RT as you are. heckert could very well stick in hicks (who has starter experience) and draft another project. you might not like it, but its a very real possibility.

adams has a few ???? that may slide him out of round 1....all i was saying is that he's one of many players tomlin is "interested" in. no way in hell would they take adams with a good LB like hightower on board....

taking a RT in the first is such a bad...bad idea. in no way is RT at 22 a must, so im not quite sure what ya mean. we didn't sign a premier RT, so we MUST draft one in the first round?

im not so sure anyone places such a high positional importance on RT as you are. heckert could very well stick in hicks (who has starter experience) and draft another project. you might not like it, but its a very real possibility.

There is plenty of talk on this forum about fixing the right side of the line. Why cut Pashos- and not sign a capable replacement- and what is left in Free agency is not pretty. I'd go Pashos over Hicks as would alot of posters.

RT in the first round is debateble- D Coordinators love to shift guys around in the line to get favorable matchups- the NFL is more pass happy- we do it with Sheard. I think putting Hicks out on a corner is a clear target area. I actually put a bit more blame on WRs not getting separation and Colt holding onto the ball way too long or Scrmabling around and getting sacked when the line did an adequate job. If Hicks is our RT- week 1 we are in trouble. He has the potential to be a one man drive killer.

Give me a LT, C, a RT and Running back that is bright enough to pick up blitzes and let's watch some winning football.

This probably could have been added to an existing thread if you looked around, but I see a trade down as well.

History shows Heck likes picks, and after Clairborne, none of the players really strike me as a #4 pick, and I just don't see us going corner....though it wouldn't bother me if we did.

Just my guess.

My good friend Ballpeen, we been trading down for 12 years and sucking for twelve years.When you got crap at skill positions trading down is a sure way to insure you stay crap. Trading down is for dummies or teams that are already loaded with talent....we match the first and have no talent, start getting studs

My good friend Ballpeen, we been trading down for 12 years and sucking for twelve years.When you got crap at skill positions trading down is a sure way to insure you stay crap. Trading down is for dummies or teams that are already loaded with talent....we match the first and have no talent, start getting studs

It simply depends on doing ur due diligence with the picks u are interested in.

As I have demonstrated a number of times, taking offensive skill players high in the draft is a high risk, high reward proposition. The bust factor seems to be above 50%, but if you hit, you can hit pretty big.

The Browns problem is that every single on of their Top 5 picks in the draft since 1999 except one have been busts. In fact, in their entire history they are at best at that 50% rate, if that, no matter what the position:

1 2007 1 3 Joe Thomas T CLE 2007 2011 Wisconsin

2 2005 1 3 Braylon Edwards WR CLE 2005 2011 Michigan

3 2001 1 3 Gerard Warren DT CLE 2001 2011 Florida

4 2000 1 1 Courtney Brown DE CLE 2000 2005 Penn St.

5 1999 1 1 Tim Couch QB CLE 1999 2003 Kentucky

6 1991 1 2 Eric Turner DB CLE 1991 1999 UCLA

7 1987 1 5 Mike Junkin LB CLE 1987 1989 Duke

8 1982 1 3 Chip Banks LB CLE 1982 1992 USC

9 1975 1 5 Mack Mitchell DE CLE 1975 1979 Houston

10 1970 1 3 Mike Phipps QB CLE 1970 1981 Purdue

11 1962 1 4 Gary Collins FL CLE 1962 1971 Maryland

12 1954 1 1 Bobby Garrett QB CLE 1954 1954

Only those in red can be called hits. This is not a very good track record. It actually only shows about a 33% success rate.

How about this instead

1#8 Melvin Ingram

2#8 Lamar Miller

2#23 Mike Adams

3#4 Chase Minnifield

4#5 Ryan Broyles

How about your first two picks being Floyd at 8 and Stephen Hill at 22. Load up on the playmakers and offensive weapons, give Colt no excuses and maybe have some bust protection by drafting two WRs odds are at least one would be a hit if not both.

Boy did Butch Davis set us back 20 years. William Green or Clinton Portis, hmmm thats a tuffy. Couch or Mcnabb, Not to knock Couch to bad either, the dude had a bright future.

Just my guess.

I agree. I'd be fine with moving back in the top ten for some extra picks and using those picks to move back up with the ATL pick for Cordy Glenn for RT. Many have CIN drafting him at 21. That guy is a stud and should be available in the 20s since most teams would rather have an LT. He's a reach at the 4 spot or the top ten for that matter.

I'm not sold on Blackmon and he may be drafted at 3 to the Vikings or another team moving up. There are a bunch of WR that will be available late in the 1st and early 2nd. I don't see the Browns reaching for the 3rd best QB (Tannenhill) at 4. Claiborne would give our pass defense instant credibility, but I don't see CB as a need that has to be addressed at 4 either.

Moving back a little seems to make a lot of sense and offers the most flexibility to not just get good players, but the food players they want.

How about this instead

1#8 Melvin Ingram

Yes.... Thank you for joining me on the Ingram bandwagon... thank you. Unfortunately where our ageement started it ended. ;)

Yes.... Thank you for joining me on the Ingram bandwagon... thank you. Unfortunately where our ageement started it ended. ;)

I've been touting Melvin Ingram since the beginning. I live in Gamecock country, so I've been forced to watch him play.

Unfortunately, it seems awfully clear that DE is not a position were going to address anymore.

I agree with the getting studs part.

I have qualified my comment in other threads but didn't here....don't drop down to 22....drop no more than a couple of slots. The Rams would be willing to trade up for Blackmon...then we take Richardson. I don't think TB is going RB.

Richardson, Claiborne, Ingram, Blackmon, Floyd- put them all in the same group in my opinion. Having said that you rarely draft for need at #4 in the draft- so conventional wisdom says take the highest rated player. I have to think its Richardson or Claiborne as they seem to be head and shoulders above anyone else at their position. I just can't see Holmgren and Shurmur signing off on a def. pick with the extreme needs on offense.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this unfold.

Rams really want Blackmon. Bucs really want Claiborne. don't let Minnesota fool you- 2nd year QB- huge investment in him to trade up and no LT. Kalil is their guy they are just playing games.

The Browns will try to convince both that they may want their guy. I think Richardson is really the pick. They are trying to talk themselves out of it. There was really no effort or concern in retaining Hillis- he was never really their guy. 1 yr. 3 mil? Come on! They gave that to a Jaqua Parker. The Browns are having a hard time with it because they think they can get a guy in second round that can produce for them and use that 1st pick on a guy like Claiborne or Blackmon.

I think there is little mystery with that #22 pick assuming we don't add or trade picks- we need a RT and after round 1 you can't rely on anoyone in the draft stepping into that spot this season. We may add someone via cuts- but you would think we would have made just a little effort once free agency started if that was the case.

THERE SHALL BE NO TRADE DOWN!

THERE SHALL BE ONLY ONE PLAYER SELECTED #4 OVERALL AND GOD WILLING IT IS TRENT RICHARDSON TO THE BROWNS!

Trent is simply indomitable, he's hungry and nothing or no one person will stop him. Whoever faces the Browns will have to make a group effort to "try" to contain him, or at best "slow him down"...

There is simply no other way to say it... If we do not select Trent Richardson at #4(God willing the Vikings don't take him), the Browns are just not in it to win it. They will have shown us all that they do not care about winning and they have all but given up hope. If we pass on Richardson I may offically be done with the Cleveland Browns. The closest thing that we've had to a dominant runner or superstar was the SHADOW of Jamal Lewis... 7 years after he was selected by the Ravens at #5...

Trent Richardson is going to be better than Jamal Lewis ever was. This kid is off the charts and he has tremendous heart and ability. He's a leader and a fierce competitor. He will fight for every yard and he will make us relevant... and dangerous.

Anyone that thinks that this is a deep draft for runningbacks and we can get a "good one" later in the draft just doesn't GET IT. Trent Richardson IS A GAME CHANGER...

...and if you can't see that or will not agree to picking a RB at #4 overall, even if it means gaining the Browns at minimum 7 more wins a year- WITH THIS ONE PICK ALONE!- there is simply no more hope...

THERE SHALL BE NO TRADE DOWN!

THERE SHALL BE ONLY ONE PLAYER SELECTED #4 OVERALL AND GOD WILLING IT IS TRENT RICHARDSON TO THE BROWNS!

Trent is simply indomitable, he's hungry and nothing or no one person will stop him. Whoever faces the Browns will have to make a group effort to "try" to contain him, or at best "slow him down"...

There is simply no other way to say it... If we do not select Trent Richardson at #4(God willing the Vikings don't take him), the Browns are just not in it to win it. They will have shown us all that they do not care about winning and they have all but given up hope. If we pass on Richardson I may offically be done with the Cleveland Browns. The closest thing that we've had to a dominant runner or superstar was the SHADOW of Jamal Lewis... 7 years after he was selected by the Ravens at #5...

Trent Richardson is going to be better than Jamal Lewis ever was. This kid is off the charts and he has tremendous heart and ability. He's a leader and a fierce competitor. He will fight for every yard and he will make us relevant... and dangerous.

Anyone that thinks that this is a deep draft for runningbacks and we can get a "good one" later in the draft just doesn't GET IT. Trent Richardson IS A GAME CHANGER...

...and if you can't see that or will not agree to picking a RB at #4 overall, even if it means gaining the Browns at minimum 7 more wins a year- WITH THIS ONE PICK ALONE!- there is simply no more hope...

My man for your own sake, you gotta chill out on your expectations of Richardson. Even if we do draft him he's never going to be able to meet, or exceed your expectations. Is there a chance he could end up having a better overall career then Jamal Lewis? Of course, maybe even likely but Lewis also put up an amazing 2000 yard season and unless Richardson pulls that off next year, and then some, the Browns will likely struggle to get 7 wins period much less 7 more wins then we had this year. Our offense, outside of the oline and Little, is completely devoid of talent. Adding a RB, regardless of talent, isn't going to be the piece that gets us 7 more wins. I understand you like the kid and want him on the Browns but keep your expectations of him low or at least realistic for his (possible) sake and your own.

Archived