THE BROWNS BOARD

Is It Time To Get A Big Boy Qb?

Loyalty

Clearly we are out of the running for Luck and RG3.

I feel like the common denominator between AFC North teams and the Browns is the fact that we haven't had a sizable QB sense Derek 'Clown Shoes' Anderson.

So, who should it be?

Tannehill in the 1st Round or someone else later?

If someone else, who?

NAME-----------POS---HT----WT----Proj. Rd.

Brandon Weeden--QB---6-4---221---2

Kirk Cousins----QB---6-3---214---2-3

*Brock Osweiler-QB---6-7---242---3

Russell Wilson--QB---5-11--204---3-4

Ryan Lindley----QB---6-4---229---4

Nick Foles------QB---6-5---243---5

B.J. Coleman----QB---6-3---233---5-6

Austin Davis----QB---6-2---219---6

Kellen Moore----QB---6-0---197---6-7

Chandler Harnish ----6-2---219---7-FA

I feel like the common denominator between AFC North teams and the Browns is the fact that we haven't had a sizable QB sense Derek 'Clown Shoes' Anderson.

So, who should it be?

If someone else, who?

The ones I marked red would be worth taking in the 2nd if H&H believed they would be an upgrade over Colt. Cousins doesn't really jump off the page as anything spectacular but he can make all the NFL throws, is smart, and is a real leader. Basically Colt with fewer wins and a stronger arm. Weeden is a good QB and would have been the #3 QB in the draft even if Barkley from USC came out this year if he wasn't going to be 29 when the season started. Since he hasn't been betten up as long as others he should last in the league until he is in his upper 30's lower 40's but he will only have about 3 years of being in his prime before he starts to deminish. Still haveing a fews years of a good QB would be worth a second rounder.

The guys I marked in blue would be worth taking a 3rd or 4th round flyer on. Both tall guys with strong arms who performed well. Oswieler has horrible mechanics but some how makes it work for him and Foles tends to be more inaccurate but both are good picks to grab and have sit out a few seasons to groom.

So, who should it be?

If someone else, who?

Let's draft Kellen Moore so Colt can tower over him and Wallace in the quarterback practices and feel all big.

Zombo

Gee zombo that is like saying we havent had a decent WR since braylon "stone hands" edwards, wait, now that i stop and think about it we havent had either a tall QB or a decent WR since clownfoot and stonehands departed and even with them it was a one season thing that ended faster than it started..

Im not ready to count pouty "emo" mcboy out of it just yet he needs some competent reliable protection along with a fast slot guy with a set of hands and balls, a bruising RB and a FB that can stay healthy long enuff to offer up both blocking and actually catching the ball..

This offense started degrading under romeo and got even worse under mangini but H&H have done nothing at all on the offensive side of the ball and bar anything short of a 3 instant super stud draft this offense is going to suck again and at this time pouty boy mccoy is the least of this offenses problems...

I am not a big FA fan but this regime has let some fairly solid and price is right players just silently slip by without as much as an inquiry and the price to be paid will show up as a 2-5 win season...

This regime appears simply to slow to react, to cheap and to overly conservative to do or get anything right..

So, who should it be?

If someone else, who?

Are you looking for just height....or auctoritas, dignitas and gravitas?

Colt McCoy had more of those qualities, it was believed, coming out of school than any of the names you have above. None of them should likely even be as high a draft pick as McCoy was...

......but, the question is whether or not any of them can develop into a Dominus at QB, that Colt has yet to become.

Browns will do nothing...Randy is happy making money and a sticking us fans with a shit team each year... We will have noodle arm Colt again and win 4 games if were lucky....Sucks being us!

No one here likes his attitude. I think he would be a great pick up for a 3rd rounder.

yeah i get why teams were cautious about him in the draft but all reports from NE say he's had a great work ethic and attitude...having a quiet year is a good thing for him

He has better potential than tebow and some of the other QBs being traded anyways imo

Browns will do nothing...Randy is happy making money and a sticking us fans with a shit team each year... We will have noodle arm Colt again and win 4 games if were lucky....Sucks being us!

Randy doesnt need the money...Hes already a Billionaire 2x's over by now...he loses money in fact on the Browns...jeez

Nice post, man, Nice post.

We can knock each other over the head for the next months wondering who we need to take, but the point is, Holmgren got kicked in the nutsack in the RG3, Manning wars. It doesn't seem now that they have a great veteran plan B idea, so, H&H need to make something happen with what is left.

I think in Today's NFL a BIUG buy is mandatory. If Sipe and Montana were rookies now, they would get chewed up and spit out.

You don't get kicked in a war if you don't participate.

Despite what has been reported, I do NOT believe the Browns made any serious offer to obtain RGIII. There was no effort, and perhaps no need to get him...or Manning.

Randy doesnt need the money...Hes already a Billionaire 2x's over by now...he loses money in fact on the Browns...jeez

I don't know if he is losing money on the Browns, but you are correct....money isn't a concern.

$10,000,000 is 1% of a billion. He can find better than a 1% return.

Archived