THE BROWNS BOARD

YES!!!

ballpeen

Guest ATENEARS

Congrats buddy ... enjoy.

From one of the first few weeks of the college season, I told the wife that Florida would win it all, no one will keep up with them. They were just the best, fastest, most determined.

The best team won ... congrats again.

Enjoy your BCS National Championship. It is still the most untrue "Championship" in all of sports! Until they go with some sort of playoff or give the undefeateds the credit they are due, we will never have a true champion in that sport. I am not a Utah fan. But they deserve that National Championship a hell of a lot more than those Gators! And you can't really even argue that! Your Gators struggled against the very same Alabama team that got their butts handed to them by the Utes! I say line up and let the only undefeated team in the country get the shot they deserve! In fact, there were 2 undefeateds going into the bowls and neither of them got a shot at the championship? That makes absolutely no sense!!! What else do they have to do?!

Enjoy your BCS National Championship. It is still the most untrue "Championship" in all of sports! Until they go with some sort of playoff or give the undefeateds the credit they are due, we will never have a true champion in that sport. I am not a Utah fan. But they deserve that National Championship a hell of a lot more than those Gators! And you can't really even argue that! Your Gators struggled against the very same Alabama team that got their butts handed to them by the Utes! I say line up and let the only undefeated team in the country get the shot they deserve! In fact, there were 2 undefeateds going into the bowls and neither of them got a shot at the championship? That makes absolutely no sense!!! What else do they have to do?!

Um... play stronger teams.... average more points.... play in a tougher conference.

I understand what you are saying and I agree, their needs to be a playoff, but you cant discount what Florida has done and you can not discount them being the champions, because this is how it is right now, this is the system and thats how it goes. Florida plays such a stronger schedule then the Utes, you can not compare the two, They beat Alabama but so did Florida, whats your point? You can not say well they beat them on this day and struggled but the other team beat them 3 weeks later and didnt struggle. Your comparisions are unfounded and dont make much sense. A playoff is the only answer, but ask Hawaii how they felt after their "undefeated" chance last year when they played a SEC Georgia team, the conference is much stronger and the best in the country, you can not compare those two teams and schedules

Um... play stronger teams.... average more points.... play in a tougher conference.

Here is what Utah did this season.

Sat, Aug 30 at Michigan W 25-23 --

Sat, Sep 6 UNLV W 42-21 --

Sat, Sep 13 at Utah State W 58-10 --

Sat, Sep 20 at Air Force W 30-23 --

Sat, Sep 27 Weber State W 37-21 --

Thu, Oct 2 Oregon State W 31-28 --

Sat, Oct 11 at Wyoming W 40-7 --

Sat, Oct 18 Colorado State W 49-16 --

Sat, Nov 1 at New Mexico W 13-10 --

Thu, Nov 6 (11) TCU W 13-10 --

Sat, Nov 15 at San Diego State W 63-14 --

Sat, Nov 22 (16) Brigham Young W 48-24 --

Postseason

Date Opponent Time/Result Audio

Fri, Jan 2 at (4) Alabama W 31-17 --

That schedule is not that easy. And they ran it! The point I'm making is that any team...regardless of strength of schedule...that runs the table, should get a shot! At least in a playoff scenario! How can you be so ignorant to disagree with that?! For that matter, how can the Sooners get a shot, but Texas does not? And Texas Tech essentially gets nothing? Do you really not believe a playoff would be the better way to go rather than writers' perceptions of who the best two teams in the country are?

I understand what you are saying and I agree, their needs to be a playoff, but you cant discount what Florida has done and you can not discount them being the champions, because this is how it is right now, this is the system and thats how it goes. Florida plays such a stronger schedule then the Utes, you can not compare the two, They beat Alabama but so did Florida, whats your point? You can not say well they beat them on this day and struggled but the other team beat them 3 weeks later and didnt struggle. Your comparisions are unfounded and dont make much sense. A playoff is the only answer, but ask Hawaii how they felt after their "undefeated" chance last year when they played a SEC Georgia team, the conference is much stronger and the best in the country, you can not compare those two teams and schedules

If you read what I wrote, I said to line up and let them play! How can you deny that Utah should at least have a shot. And I am a buckeye fan, so I am not even arguing this point as a homer. I simply beleive that if you run the table, you should get a chance to prove your worth!

Ballpeen, what do you think Tebow will do ?

They asked him after the game and he steered away from the question.

I think he will stay at Florida.

Tim is a college qb...I know it, he knows it.

He is going to stay, win another Championship and possibly cement his status as the greatest college player ever....and that isn't just me saying that, nor is that point I bring up to cause debate. My only point is I doubt he goes to the NFL now. When he does, he will make a team....play h-back or TE...maybe some stuff at qb in scheme packages....but Tim knows the score.

Shoot, he may not even want to play pro ball. He is going to make more than enough money hanging around the state of Florida, working for the NCAA as an ambassador of some sort...his future can be almost anything he wants it to be.

To comment on some of the other stuff....I have long called it the BSC....BS Championship until a playoff of some sort...even 4 teams... is instituted.

I can argue that Florida is the real champion because they have the trophy...I will let that do my talking. The others can point to message board posts and some meaningless poll...I guess they could put a newspaper clipping in the trophy case

I don't know if we would beat Utah....I suspect so....but it would be idle chat just like all the yip yap about Bama losing to Utah.

Every game is different. Emotions are different. Utah had everything to play for, Bama had nothing to play for after getting punked in the SEC Championship. Winning the SEC is more important to me than winning the BSC...and I bet Bama feels the same.

It was a great year for college football....lot's of good teams playing well.

I think he will stay at Florida.

Tim is a college qb...I know it, he knows it.

He is going to stay, win another Championship and possibly cement his status as the greatest college player ever....and that isn't just me saying that, nor is that point I bring up to cause debate. My only point is I doubt he goes to the NFL now. When he does, he will make a team....play h-back or TE...maybe some stuff at qb in scheme packages....but Tim knows the score.

Shoot, he may not even want to play pro ball. He is going to make more than enough money hanging around the state of Florida, working for the NCAA as an ambassador of some sort...his future can be almost anything he wants it to be.

Even though I live here in Tallahasee, I will say that Tim Tebow is as much of a stand-up guy as you can possibly find anywhere. What an awesome person with a great attitude toward life in general. It is sad to know that he wouldn't really fit anywhere in the NFL. I agree that H-back or TE are the closest to being a fit for him. No doubt he will return for his senior year because he loves playing college football for the Gators. Why would he leave? He doesn't seem to be the type to turn pro early and chase money. After his senior year, he will be drafted by some NFL team and play for a few years. Ultimately thought, I believe he will move on to getting back into missionary work, or as Ballpeen said, an "ambassador" of some kind.

Postseason

That schedule is not that easy. And they ran it! The point I'm making is that any team...regardless of strength of schedule...that runs the table, should get a shot! At least in a playoff scenario! How can you be so ignorant to disagree with that?! For that matter, how can the Sooners get a shot, but Texas does not? And Texas Tech essentially gets nothing? Do you really not believe a playoff would be the better way to go rather than writers' perceptions of who the best two teams in the country are?

let me say this once again, I agree, a playoff should happen, I agree, Oklahoma should not have been there in front of Texas, well at least in the championship game, I agree, undefeated teams should get a chance, however under this current system which is what we are stuck with, The Florida Gators are the champions,

This system is also all about money, who is going to bring the highest ratings and attendance etc. Unfortunately until we move to a playoff system, this is what happens. and because of the $$ issue, I dont see it happening, lets face it, lets see how this scenario works out, Utah and Arkansas State go undefeated and they make it to a playoff system and do their due deligence to make it to the Championship game, do you think it would get the ratings and the crowd attendance that two teams like Florida and Oklahoma or USC and Alabama? NO, thats the fact of the matter, and the fact that all of this is a money driven thing, then thats why I think we will never see a playoff

If you read what I wrote, I said to line up and let them play! How can you deny that Utah should at least have a shot. And I am a buckeye fan, so I am not even arguing this point as a homer. I simply beleive that if you run the table, you should get a chance to prove your worth!

If you read my post you would know I agree, but thats not the system we are in, The Florida Gators are the champs. Read my post above

Postseason

ok also look at the schedule and the points they won by, Michigan lets face it, not that good.....Air Force, just ok, and won by 7......Oregon State, I think a good team, won by 3.....TCU, pretty good team, won by 3..... The rest of their schedule isnt that tough at all, not compared to a top notch divisions weekly schedules

they deserve the NC.... I hate them almost as much as Michigan for obvious reasons....

I would like to have seen USC play Florida because I thought they were the two best teams this year. That takes a lot for me to admit considering USC and Florida spanking my bucks but its true.

I'm for cutting out the conference championship games, having top 16 teams in the country play with top 4 teams getting bye's , the week after OSU plays mich...playoff through first 2 weeks in DECEMBER.. then have finals/top4...play in the BOWL's i.e Rose, fiesta and orange! More viewers than the bizzilion bowl games, hence more revenue from TV...then split the money up in tiers. the two teams left play in final!

But how are they supposed to do that when bigger schools won't play them and they can't schedule any tough teams?

The BCS is the biggest joke in sports. The fact that every year undefeated teams don't even get to sniff the title through no fault of their own is a mockery.

I'm for cutting out the conference championship games, having top 16 teams in the country play with top 4 teams getting bye's , the week after OSU plays mich...playoff through first 2 weeks in DECEMBER.. then have finals/top4...play in the BOWL's i.e Rose, fiesta and orange! More viewers than the bizzilion bowl games, hence more revenue from TV...then split the money up in tiers. the two teams left play in final!

Hell, they don't even have to eliminate the countless money-grubbing bowl games, just make them for things like the division championships. Finally the papajohns.com bowl would be important if it decided the Mountain West champ.

Their public reason for not wanting a playoff is that the kids would miss too much school time...except they don't seem to have that problem when basketball season rolls around.

Question for Gator fans -

Why doesn't Emmit Smith ever show up or hang on the sidleine during these big games ?

You'd think it'd be a heck of an inspiration and support from an Alumni with such a prestigious career.

Last night Chris Leak was on the sideline.

Question for Gator fans -

Why doesn't Emmit Smith ever show up or hang on the sidleine during these big games ?

You'd think it'd be a heck of an inspiration and support from an Alumni with such a prestigious career.

Last night Chris Leak was on the sideline.

They're probably embarrassed he went there...

tressel is a great recruiter and a great coach..... Offensive coordinator well he's not so strong. We have at least been to 3 national championships and won one in the last 8 years and done pretty good in the fiesta bowl 3-1 (almost beat texas!!!) plus a heisman.

I am a bit envious over mr meyer who was an assistant with us, bowling green and then what he did with Utah and now finally Florida he is definately right up there with Pete Carroll. Those two are my number one and two with stoops and tressel right behind them.

Ahhh last night was great wasn't it Peen?

I forget, we had this conversation a long time ago, but what's your connection to Gainsville?

I graduated from UF.....been a proud member of the Gator Nation for a long time.

I had a girlfriend who lived in Newberry..and lived off campus 6-7 miles out Newberry Hwy.

Archived