THE BROWNS BOARD

It's Mitt

Despite none of the board Republicans being in Mitt's camp, though I think Steve said he voted for him, Mitt is clearly going to be the Republican nominee.

Who do you guys want him to take as a running mate? And who do you think he will?

Me, I think it's a pretty short list: Marco Rubio or Chris Christie. With a side of Susana Martinez. Maybe Bob McDonnell. Maybe Paul Ryan.

I'd guess Rubio or Martinez. Romney will do the numbers and know he's going to need to win some women and some Hispanics or he's doomed.

I don't think Portman even gets Romney Ohio. He'd help, but it's not like he's some sort of Ohio legend.

Again, Romney's big problem? It's women and Hispanics. He's getting killed here. He simply can't win the election if he doesn't improve in both categories. If the Republican Party had any sense they'd tell Rick and Newt that it's over and to shut the fuck up because nothing has helped Obama's re-election prospects more than having America listening to the alternative.

Long way to go. Mitt can recover some of those numbers. March will be a distant memory in September.

The other problem? As long as Mitt's been in politics, the longer people see him, the less they like him. He doesn't wear well.

I tend to think Romney is going to need events to change, because he or his VP pick alone aren't enough to win this election.

I'm looking forward to all of those Republicans who hated Mitt quickly coming to the opinion that he's the second coming of Reagan and all that stands between us and darkest night.

I kind of hope he picks Christie. I kind of like Christie.

Oh you'll hate his guts soon enough if you gets on the ticket.

WSS

No, I like Christie's presentation. And he's not a nut. I'm not sure it's very presidential, but I wish more politicians expressed themselves the way he does.

I want a sane ticket. I don't want him to feel like he's got to pull a Palin. That's what we don't need. Our political system has been debased enough.

No, I like Christie's presentation. And he's not a nut. I'm not sure it's very presidential, but I wish more politicians expressed themselves the way he does.

I want a sane ticket. I don't want him to feel like he's got to pull a Palin. That's what we don't need. Our political system has been debased enough.

Especially for the last couple years....

WSS

Archived