THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft Hypothetical Involving Tr

baybrownsfan

Say we take Blackmon at 4. Richardson begins to drop all the way down. The only team that really might take him is the Bengals if he gets by both us and the Bucs. Would you therefore give up the 22 and an assortment of picks depending on what they are to move up to 16 and nab TR.

I wuld not move back up t o get him considering that Miller Wilson and Martin would be there for us to just choose from, but I would be pissed that we is going to a conference rival. If we are not going to nab him I hope to god that the Bucs do.

Richardson is the best player in this draft and I'll be severely bummed if we don't land him. Hillis was a rock star in Cleveland the way he carried the rock. But clearly Hillis is no Trent Richardson, Richardson will be much more in the vein of Lebron James stock than Peyton Hillis was. The Hulk in the Hoodie is just that and he'll strike fear into any defense we face next season and for the next 10 season to come. The kid isn't even fully developed yet, just imagine what an NFL regimen and training schedule will do for the kid. He'll be a MONSTER.

Where as Blackmon IS good as hell, I could see Hill or Wright being very, very good for our team WR wise. This draft is LOADED with GREAT WRs. Why waste #4 on one when plenty of other GREAT ones will be available to us at 22?

I just don't understand why any browns fan wouldn't want to draft T1000?

Richardson is the best player in this draft and I'll be severely bummed if we don't land him. Hillis was a rock star in Cleveland the way he carried the rock. But clearly Hillis is no Trent Richardson, Richardson will be much more in the vein of Lebron James stock than Peyton Hillis was. The Hulk in the Hoodie is just that and he'll strike fear into any defense we face next season and for the next 10 season to come. The kid isn't even fully developed yet, just imagine what an NFL regimen and training schedule will do for the kid. He'll be a MONSTER.

Where as Blackmon IS good as hell, I could see Hill or Wright being very, very good for our team WR wise. This draft is LOADED with GREAT WRs. Why waste #4 on one when plenty of other GREAT ones will be available to us at 22?

I just don't understand why any browns fan wouldn't want to draft T1000?

Put the crack pipe down dude...TR's are A DIME A DOZEN!! wait...Are you RGIII to CLE's lil brother...or worse yet...offspring?

What the hell are you talking about? Trent Richardson's are a dime a dozen? :lol:

...yeah okay, take another swig of that purple drank... it's a little early to be totally wasted don't ya think? :lol:

...TR's a dime a dozen... :lol:

It is so hard not to say they are not a dime a dozen when his running mate in 2010 was Mark Ingram and he won the Heisman, then was drafted 22nd overall. Trent is amazing and so was his o line. I guess you could make the argument the Ingram had Jone at wr taking the safety out if the box at times. Trent at number 4 seems like a reach, but he would mean alot more to the Browns. I really think Miller from Miami is going to be just as good if not better than him. All in all i would not be mad if Trent was toting the rock for us next year. I would also love for us to get James the rb from Oregon in the 3rd or 4th if he is there.

Runningbacks like Peyton Hillis are a dime a dozen. Peyton had one good season as a runningback, I was rooting for him as much as anybody but the fact is that the very next season he flunked. He couldn't sustain his success and it's because he is not an ELITE RUNNING BACK. He's a converted FB that surprised a lot of teams but that's really it. Richardson has the SIZE, SPEED, POWER, STAMINA, and HANDS coupled with great Pass Blocking Ability to be a sustained threat for the next 10 years at Runningback(Knock on Wood). If we take Richardson at 4 we won't or should not have to address runningback until the year 2020 at earliest. In that time I cannot fathom finding a better or rarer back in that time span... Richardson is as good as they get. That is something that CANNOT be said of Blackmon, Claiborn or any other option at 4 this draft!

To anyone that feels the need to challenge this, bring it on because the facts are the facts and Richardson is the TRUTH.

Yeah, it's Highschool but the talent can even be seen here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmfM5XZaFR0

The awesome thing is that you can see the development from HS to College.

This amount of improvement took a tremendous amount of hard work and sacrifice. You can see how much better he became at the next level. So, looking at the logical progression of Trent Richardson, it appears that this incline on his skills and talents will continue to grow skyward into the next level. It's just amazing. He's gotten stronger, faster and more precise in his runs. I can't help but think that he will be the Offensive Rookie of the Year next season... and what if he helps Cleveland back to the playoffs next year, he becomes legendary.

I can't wait to see Richardson TRUCK-THE-FUCK outta James Harrison... gonna be PRICELESS!!!!

I can't wait to see Richardson TRUCK-THE-FUCK outta James Harrison... gonna be PRICELESS!!!!

Aint gonna happen...you might as well be a fan of whomever drafts Richardson..nice knowin ya...bye.

Runningbacks like Peyton Hillis are a dime a dozen. Peyton had one good season as a runningback, I was rooting for him as much as anybody but the fact is that the very next season he flunked. He couldn't sustain his success and it's because he is not an ELITE RUNNING BACK. He's a converted FB that surprised a lot of teams but that's really it. Richardson has the SIZE, SPEED, POWER, STAMINA, and HANDS coupled with great Pass Blocking Ability to be a sustained threat for the next 10 years at Runningback(Knock on Wood). If we take Richardson at 4 we won't or should not have to address runningback until the year 2020 at earliest. In that time I cannot fathom finding a better or rarer back in that time span... Richardson is as good as they get. That is something that CANNOT be said of Blackmon, Claiborn or any other option at 4 this draft!

To anyone that feels the need to challenge this, bring it on because the facts are the facts and Richardson is the TRUTH.

Go show the reels where he got caught from behind by college CBs. Richardson DOES NOT have elite sub 4.3 speed ala Bo Jackson. Go show the stuff where LSU shut him down.

Richardson is a gym rat- how well that will translate into the pros is debatable.

In case you missed it before- Hall of Fame Running backs generally aren't good enough to get you to the Super Bowl, much less keep you there for an extended period of time.

Seriously- we know you like Richardson- will you kindly give it a rest?

What the hell are you talking about? Trent Richardson's are a dime a dozen? :lol:

...yeah okay, take another swig of that purple drank... it's a little early to be totally wasted don't ya think? :lol:

...TR's a dime a dozen... :lol:

That's right PG. In today's NFL RBs don't mean very much. I've offered you proof- but you're still drinking the Richardson Kool-aid.

Best since Peterson- yawn. The Vikes won fewer games than the Browns- got it?

Every top 10 rusher in the F**king NFL last year wasn't drafted as high as you're proposing to waste the #4 pick on. This guy ISN'T Jim Brown, he ISN'T Walter Payton, and if you think he is, you can put your crack pipe down right now. The only way we take Richardson is in a trade down.

Well since Rb is not a big deal we will just go with Hardesty next year and be happy with him. Might as well not draft a top wr either since im sure they are a dime a dozen too since the Giants got Victor Cruz as an undrafted FA we should be able too. You can make the dime a dozen argument with every postion but LT and Qb, Trent is a need for us and so is a wr, so do you take the best rb and the 1a option in Floyd at no.22. Or do you take 1a wr Blackmon and the 2nd best rb that is about 3 tiers below Trent.

Ok people hating on Richardson because he lifts alot or because they think he is slow are morons. By watching is film it is easy to see that his weight room strength OBVIOUSLY has transferred to the playing field. He throws DB's and LB off of him like they were paper. I also didn't see ONCE where I guy actually ran him down from behind. I saw a few people get him by taking angles across the field like any football player is taught to do since pee wee, but I never saw a guy who was behind him at any point on the field and chase him down unless he had to run through someone first. The guy cuts on a dime, he has more than enough speed to be great, the game against LSU everyone likes to use as an excuse not to draft him he had 80 yards rushing and 80 yards receiving (ya that's against the 2nd best defense in the nation), he blasts through holes and destroys people coming at him head on, and even though everyone claims he had the best O-Line in the country part of that thought is because they blocked for two Heisman trophy backs the past two years and it's funny how none of the ones who are graduating are expected to be 1st round picks.

Ok people hating on Richardson because he lifts alot or because they think he is slow are morons. By watching is film it is easy to see that his weight room strength OBVIOUSLY has transferred to the playing field. He throws DB's and LB off of him like they were paper. I also didn't see ONCE where I guy actually ran him down from behind. I saw a few people get him by taking angles across the field like any football player is taught to do since pee wee, but I never saw a guy who was behind him at any point on the field and chase him down unless he had to run through someone first. The guy cuts on a dime, he has more than enough speed to be great, the game against LSU everyone likes to use as an excuse not to draft him he had 80 yards rushing and 80 yards receiving (ya that's against the 2nd best defense in the nation), he blasts through holes and destroys people coming at him head on, and even though everyone claims he had the best O-Line in the country part of that thought is because they blocked for two Heisman trophy backs the past two years and it's funny how none of the ones who are graduating are expected to be 1st round picks.

Like I've said many times- not hating on Richardson- hating on drafting a RB way high. Recent NFL history says he won't have the immediate impact some people think he will.

The question I would pose is why draft a RB @ #4, when the top rushing list is currently populated by guys drafted far lower than that? If you think the guy is Jim Brown good- OK then. I'm not seeing it though.

Like I've said many times- not hating on Richardson- hating on drafting a RB way high. Recent NFL history says he won't have the immediate impact some people think he will.

The question I would pose is why draft a RB @ #4, when the top rushing list is currently populated by guys drafted far lower than that? If you think the guy is Jim Brown good- OK then. I'm not seeing it though.

You can say the same thing for WR, OL, LB, or a hand full of other positions for that matter. You sure as heck shouldn't take a WR that high and more so than a RB. If the decision is to grab an offensive skill player I think they ask themselves this question. Who gives the team more yards and touchdowns. Blackmon maybe just over 1000 yards receiving and 8 TD, While Richardson should have at least 1200 yard just from rushing and 10+ TD's. Plus the WR position falls off a lot less this year than it does for WR.

Cost analysis of what you would be getting from Richardson makes me think taking him at #4 is way to much to spend on him

Then who would you take. He is the one person availible there that will give us the most game winning production. Period. Blackmon will not be able to give us as much on the offense and Claiborne while good isn't going to win us a magnitude of games if any.

Then who would you take. He is the one person availible there that will give us the most game winning production. Period. Blackmon will not be able to give us as much on the offense and Claiborne while good isn't going to win us a magnitude of games if any.

The best case scenario is we trade back and acquire more picks, going so far back as to the very last spot we could to take him and therefore getting the most in trade compensation.

I would try to trade back at 4 so we can get more picks and then still be in a position for TR, Blackmon or Claiborne.

Honestly HBs can be taken in later rounds and they can become great.

Also the WR class is very deep and even though Blackmon is the best there are a lot of great options at 22.

I might have to take Claiborne at 4

dudes, just chill. there's is NO WAY we are taking richardson at 4. love him or hate him.

4 is a tough spot. the BPA will be him blackmon and hopefully claiborne when the browns get on the phone. question is IS can't we find someone equally as talented a couple spots down the board if we trade down?

dudes, just chill. there's is NO WAY we are taking richardson at 4. love him or hate him.

4 is a tough spot. the BPA will be him blackmon and hopefully claiborne when the browns get on the phone. question is IS can't we find someone equally as talented a couple spots down the board if we trade down?

See I'm not against that either, or Blackmon, or Claiborne. We ARE going to get a really nice player simply because everyone stayed out of last years draft because of the lockout (which makes it great we found the people we did in rounds 1 and 2 if you ask me). I just think at 4 Richardson is the best pick regardless of the whole RB argument. Now there is a chance we could trade down and still get him since the only team behind us looking RB is possibly Tampa but I also wouldn't be against trading down and getting Kuechly or Floyd. That year draft Grossi bitched because thee is always a huge gap from the top 5 talent to the next 15. This year there are great players all the way down to around 10-15 so in a trade down situation we would be good.

I think though if we trade down past Tampa and Richardson is still there we have to take him. He fills a need, at 6-12 he is most definitely the best player on the board, and if we don't Cincy sure as heck will.

You can say the same thing for WR, OL, LB, or a hand full of other positions for that matter. You sure as heck shouldn't take a WR that high and more so than a RB. If the decision is to grab an offensive skill player I think they ask themselves this question. Who gives the team more yards and touchdowns. Blackmon maybe just over 1000 yards receiving and 8 TD, While Richardson should have at least 1200 yard just from rushing and 10+ TD's. Plus the WR position falls off a lot less this year than it does for WR.

I don't see any rb getting 1200 yards with this team especially if we don't get a deep threat wr. If we draft Richardson and don't have a true #1 receiver, expect the same results as last year with opposing defenses stacking the box every down and stuffing TR.

I don't see any rb getting 1200 yards with this team especially if we don't get a deep threat wr. If we draft Richardson and don't have a true #1 receiver, expect the same results as last year with opposing defenses stacking the box every down and stuffing TR.

That's why we have the #22 and #37 pick right? What happens if we draft Blackmon. He isn't any kind of field stretcher so we would be in the same boat. Plus Little is a big physical guy like Fitz but with slightly more speed. We is going to get better getting separation off the line with long routes and that should open things up too.

That's why we have the #22 and #37 pick right? What happens if we draft Blackmon. He isn't any kind of field stretcher so we would be in the same boat. Plus Little is a big physical guy like Fitz but with slightly more speed. We is going to get better getting separation off the line with long routes and that should open things up too.

The problem with a true deep threat is who's going to get him the ball? Unless you give McCoy a rock solid pocket- anything he throws deep gets there in slow motion, giving DBs plenty of time to recover.

MHO is even with a legit #1 WR and TR- teams will still play 8 in the box, take Richardson out of the game and dare Colt to try and beat them deep.

we are taking Richardson at four unless the rams can guarantee us that he will be available at #6 with say an extra draft pick...no way we will give up a sure thing. Blackmon is useless to us because many of you say Colt is a slob...Trent can run, block, catch and even pass...we are talking 20+ plays a game he will be involved in.

I would rather have trent touch the ball 20+ times then miller, peade, wilson, james or even my buddy Turbin. If colt can't get the ball to blackmon what is the purpose...now i believe colt can but at the same time i think that 3 other WR are close to the caliber that Blackmon is...NO running back is even on the same page that Trent is.

Think about it we could have had Wallace right now and all we would have to do is give up the #4 pick that you are telling us that we are going to get an unknown in blackmon? come on think about it!!! We are not drafting a WR at #4 because we could have had the 4th best in the entire League right now and all we would have to cough up is some change and our #4 pick...aint gonna happen.

This draft we are going for rough tough big mean boys sorry chase, sorry blackmon sorry james sorry wright

trent, floyd, alshon, mcnutt I will get rid of the curse that has haunted cleveland since 1999 if we don't pick up at least 2 of these guys. My wonderful Jeep that I bought on septemeber 12, 1999 in wonderful Cleveland then drove it out of town never to return...even if we do pick these guys i wanted to start a donation to give this jeep a proper burial so Cleveland can finally get to the super bowl in 2015

Archived