THE BROWNS BOARD

Revised Election Process

MLD Woody

I'm kinda bored and thought I'd post this idea I've had for awhile and have it ripped apart by posters on here

I know it is not original but I'm kinda interested on seeing where everyone falls and comparing that with how they normally post.

Anyway I think there should be some kind of IQ test attached to the voting process, where the better you do on the exam them more your vote is worth (the exact method of equating test score to vote worth would need to be tweaked around I'm sure).

About the test, I think it should be about topics relative to politics and running America. So even though I'd like it to have math and science on it, that wouldn't serve too much of a purpose (though some wouldn't hurt). I think the test should have questions about how our govt. actually works, some questions about our history, current events (both national and international), economics, etc.

If you are going to vote for someone because of their economic plan, you should understand how the economy works. If you are going to vote for someone based on their opinion of foreign affairs you should know what is actually going on in other countries.

To be fair we'd have to provide "study" material for those not in a situation to get online at their leisure. And sure, this is an ideological idea that would have a lot of problems to worry about and account for before this could be practical.

I mean, we want to pick the best leaders to run this country (congress, president, etc.), so we should have people that understand what the person they are voting for will do. If you were looking for a new head of your financial department you wouldn't treat the view of your scientists in the same light as the view of other people that work in your finance department.

I'm sure this would just get distorted and broken by the current 2 party system in combination with are suspect electoral college anyway, but its an idea. Oh, and I am not trying to be arrogant, I don't think I would do that great on the exam. As an engineering student I really don't get much exposure to what's currently happening in the news (outside of what I see on here and then look up on my own or what I see in some form of media on the internet or Daily Show/Colbert Report)

Archived