THE BROWNS BOARD

Now They Say Osweiler Is A First Round Pick

brownfish

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/30/did-strong-workout-vault-qb-osweiler-into-first-round/

When will the idiocracy stop?

Tomorrows ESPN heading...John Smith from state community college works out at his semi-pro day and wows the crowd...Mcshady, Mycrack and Brandt all agree he is first round material and the browns should use their #4 pick on Tannehill and their 22nd on Osweiler then move back into the first round by trading next years first and picking up John Smith in the first round....with three QBs on the field at the same time they can play keep away from AFC north defenses.

I'm kinda starting to figure it out...if one of these QBs actually becomes somebody...then these sports writers will come out of the woodwork and say, "see guys, i told you so he was a great pick"...but if they stink...then we can only blame ourselves for listening to these jerks.

The sportswriters can say what ever they want. These players will only be 1st round picks if a team drafts them. Teams have dozens of people working on who to pick and I am sure they use more info than what Kiper, McShay, etc. say.

If anything teams are reaching on QBs because it is a passing league. Last draft all the teams reached on QBs because that wanted to get their guy when they could instead of risking it. It made more sense to overpay for a QB then lose your one shot at a guy you think could be the most valuable contributor on your team.

These QBs may not be in the top 32 prospects but that doesn't matter, they could still go in the first. They could be rise artificially for the same reason Richardson could fall.

When it has been predetermined that 2 QBs are going to go 1-2, then the media has nothing else to speculate about, so they hype up the next guy in line at QB that they think might be good.

When the college football season ended 3 months ago, people thought that RGIII might be a potential choice to take in the early 20s of the first round. Now that his hype has been maximized, then they have to find a new beauty queen, so, Tannehill, who at the end of his season was speculated to be maybe a third-4th round pick is now being fitted for the tiara.

I'd rather take this guy at #22 or #37 than Tannehill at #4. At least when you take a guy late in the first you don't have people clamoring for him to be starting from day 1.

snowblind. our qb position is not at the top of the list nor should it be when it comes to this draft. we have 'serviceable' players that can get us through until next year. there are bigger holes to fill in different areas on this team. (yeah running back is one of them....but at 4?).

three more weeks of flying pig stories.

snowblind. our qb position is not at the top of the list nor should it be when it comes to this draft. we have 'serviceable' players that can get us through until next year. there are bigger holes to fill in different areas on this team. (yeah running back is one of them....but at 4?).

And here is one of them:

I'm saying I'd rather see that, not that I WAN'T to see that. If we take Tannehill and sit him for a season, two things will happen. We are going to be sitting about where we are right now next season, with a top 5 pick. We spent our #4 on a QB who didn't start and if he does he is going to fail terribly more than likely. We won't have any great offensive play maker to win us and extra few games and our offense will more than likely only be a shade better next year with a progressed Little and new RB found later at #22 or #37. When we are sitting there in the top 5 there are going to be 3 guys who are a whole level above Tannehill and if they had come out into the draft this year, Tannehill would have been a 3rd round QB. One of those guys would fall to us next season... but we wouldn't be able to take them because we would have to be committed to Tannehill, regardless of his progression. If they decide they really need to take a QB before the 3rd round this season, you might as well take Osweiler at #22 or #37. It would still be a tough pill to swallow but we could still get a real elite play maker at #4 and if we were in a position to take a better QB next year we would be better able to do so even though we took a QB with a high pick the year before. It's still a shit covered stick but this one has less nuts on it.

QB-mania is creating a vacuum near the top of Rnd 1.

Now any QB with a modicum of talent is being sucked into the void by virtue of their perceived potential.

Simultaneously the Rnd 1 bar is lowered...

So long as H&H keep their heads we will benefit from the growing QB panic as the value of both our Rnd 1's and our first 2nd Rnd picks increase.

I agree with this. There aren't enough teams with QB needs this year to waste a pick on Osweiler until then.

I think the Cheifs would gladly take him if he falls to round 2, having said that I still wouldn't want to pick him in the early 2nd and would rather see if he fell to us in the 3rd.

... if he falls to round 2...

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man.

It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge.

This is the dimension of imagination.

It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

serlingrod.jpg

Archived