THE BROWNS BOARD

Mega Millions - How Many Tickets Have Bought?

Harry Buffalo

With the jackpot up to $640 million setting an all time record everyone is going out to buy tickets. How many have to bought?

I am normally the guy who just gets the one ticket thinking that the whole thing is luck/fate anyway so buying more is pointless... but I got 5 for this one and got the Megapliers for all of them too.

I put in 3 at one store with randomly generated numbers and on the third set the megaball number is 03! Trent Richardson BABY!!! :lol:

Heck, I bought $5 worth- can't win if you don't play. However, when it comes to those huge jackpots- I'd far prefer to win a nice quiet $10-20 million, and slip off anonymously into retirement.

The winner of this jackpot is going to have everyone they know, a few thousand people that say they know you, another few thousand hard luck story "brother can you spare me 10 grand", and every charity known to man trying to hit you up for money.

Be prepared to buy a private island with that loot and an unlisted phone number. :)

PS Saw even if you take the lump sum $320 million after taxes- you could invest conservatively, have a cash stream of $7 million for life, and never even touch the principal. However, your odds of getting hit by lightning are orders of magnitude better than winning the jackpot. (But it's going to hit someone sooner or later.)

Heck, I bought $5 worth- can't win if you don't play. However, when it comes to those huge jackpots- I'd far prefer to win a nice quiet $10-20 million, and slip off anonymously into retirement.

The winner of this jackpot is going to have everyone they know, a few thousand people that say they know you, another few thousand hard luck story "brother can you spare me 10 grand", and every charity known to man trying to hit you up for money.

Be prepared to buy a private island with that loot and an unlisted phone number. :)

PS Saw even if you take the lump sum $320 million after taxes- you could invest conservatively, have a cash stream of $7 million for life, and never even touch the principal. However, your odds of getting hit by lightning are orders of magnitude better than winning the jackpot. (But it's going to hit someone sooner or later.)

They actually said you could put it right into a low interest savings account and still make a solid 2 million a year off of it. I agree though, who ever wins is going to come right out and scream to the heavans saying they won before every finding a good lawyer and accountant and they are going to lose alot of it to con artist, bad investments, and terrible family members. If I had won I wouldn't have reported the win until I had contacted a lawyer to help protect my identity as much as possible and I would have given money to family and friends under the pretense that if they take the money they could ever ask me for more in the future.

But hey I won $2 last night! With the Megaplier. Woa 4 bucks baby!

I was going to buy ten bucks. But I bought twenty so I'd be sure to win !:rolleyes:

I'd be happy with just getting some of the numbers right and only winning 250,000.

Nine... unfortunately none of which were purchased in Baltimore where a winner was sold...

So long as it was not Modell, I'm cool... B)

Nine... unfortunately none of which were purchased in Baltimore where a winner was sold...

So long as it was not Modell, I'm cool... B)

Actually, I heard there were 3 winners. One in Baltimore, one in Illinois, one in Kansas.

My nephew lives in Baltimore....maybe he won...and will say hello to his favorite uncle :lol:

By the way, I played 10 bucks. I got the Mega Ball plus one which I think gets me maybe 5 bucks back, maybe.

I bought $10 last week, that's far and away the most I've ever spent before. I will probably do 3 tonight. But I'm also going to play the Powerball because practically no one will be playing it tonight... Betters my odds hahaha.

It doesn't increase your odds. Even if you were the only person to buy a ticket, your odds would remain the same.

All you can do is increase your chances by buying more tickets.

I bought $10 worth, no winners of any sort.....what else is new??

It doesn't increase your odds. Even if you were the only person to buy a ticket, your odds would remain the same.

All you can do is increase your chances by buying more tickets.

I bought $10 worth, no winners of any sort.....what else is new??

I won and split it 3 ways currently i am at the playboy mansion for a weekend party i was invited 2 after hitting the jackpot. good times

Archived