THE BROWNS BOARD

Sideline Scouting Seven Round Mock

SidelineScouting

Over at Sideline Scouting we released a seven round mock draft today with explanations for every first round pick. Scroll over the tab “mock draft results” to see specific results for the Browns. Tabs towards the top of each page to scroll through each round.

http://www.sidelinescouting.com/mock/

What do you guys think of the picks we gave Cleveland.

A few surprise picks, I know. But the NFL Draft is always a surprise. Overall thoughts?

Over at Sideline Scouting we released a seven round mock draft today with explanations for every first round pick. Scroll over the tab “mock draft results” to see specific results for the Browns. Tabs towards the top of each page to scroll through each round.

A few surprise picks, I know. But the NFL Draft is always a surprise. Overall thoughts?

If the Browns draft Tannehill @ #4, I'll puke. Project qb as opposed to a safer pick in Richardson or Claiborn. Cleveland won't be drafting a project TE either, did that last year with Cameron.

Overall? A piss poor analysis...

I like Tannehill, but to reach for him at #4 with the crop coming out in 2013 is insane. "The Browns cannot afford to go through another season with Colt McCoy manning the quarterback position." Can't afford or we won't make the SB let alone win it in 2012? Attention grabbing internet hyperbole.

Kendall Wright at 22? Athletic freak? WTF does that mean? In case you haven't noticed we need a #1. How many #1's work out of the slot? And you put WR's in the slot because they can't get off of the line, not to capitalize upon their enormous play-making potential.

Hard to criticize any further picks... because you gave no criteria at all... not even a one liner...

Thanks for stopping by... don't quit your day job...

If the Browns draft Tannehill @ #4, I'll puke. Project qb as opposed to a safer pick in Richardson or Claiborn. Cleveland won't be drafting a project TE either, did that last year with Cameron.

I see the Browns taking a TE in the second half of the draft, or possibly even round 3, but not the guy from MSU. Their this TE from Louisiana Lafayette they have been looking into and invited to the stadium.

I like Tannehill, but to reach for him at #4 with the crop coming out in 2013 is insane. "The Browns cannot afford to go through another season with Colt McCoy manning the quarterback position." Can't afford or we won't make the SB let alone win it in 2012? Attention grabbing internet hyperbole.

Kendall Wright at 22? Athletic freak? WTF does that mean? In case you haven't noticed we need a #1. How many #1's work out of the slot? And you put WR's in the slot because they can't get off of the line, not to capitalize upon their enormous play-making potential.

Hard to criticize any further picks... because you gave no criteria at all... not even a one liner...

Have to agree. Even though I like the Martin pick in the 2nd, there is no way in hell we are talking Tannehill. And if Wright is a physical freak then so is 70% all all the WR in the draft. He only ran a 4.45. Nick Toon ran a 4.45 and he is a much better rounded WR than Wright is and will go in the late 2nd.

At 4 I see three possibilities...

1a. Richardson- Is there a back even close to his ability in this draft?

1b. Claiborne- Probably the best defensive player in a weak defensive draft but I think Janoris Jenkins will be just as good but is a risk. Do we spend $$$ on one position though?

1c. Trade down. Acquire picks- please don't waste them on a QB- when its very likely we will select one high next year.

No to Tannehill for obvious reasons. Wouldn't be to unhappy with Blackmon but its not a value pick.

1a. If there I take Floyd. I think Floyd and Blackmon are equally talented. May have to Trade up a bit to get Floyd- although the teams ahead of us seem to be looking oline, dline and secondary.

1b. A RT- Martin...Adams. The oline is set after this and we can focus on adding high impact playmaking talent for once. Either of these guys plus Richardson- I have to think we will run the ball really well next year- help out Colt even more.

1c. Someone always fall- could it be a pass rusher? Best available as to be considered here too.

No to...Kendall Wright- We need size and better speed.

3-5 Rounds Add One interior lineman and one Dlineman- keep building the trenches.

Use a 6th and 7th on a DB- never have too many- maybe you find a future starter.

Some sleeper picks...

Ronnie Hillman RB (4-5)

TY Hilton WR Florida A&M (3-4)

Oliver Vernon DE Miami (5-6)

Picking a DE in the 3rd is amusing... we spent all FA on DE. We will not draft one, unless it's very late.

We won't be picking a project TE. We already have 4 deceont ones on the roster.

Tannehill at 4...ehh I'd rather not, but I COULD see this happening. I will not burn down the stadium, but instead just hope for the best. He could develop into the guy we need.

Overall, I think your picks for the Browns are misguided.

Sorry to nit-pick, but Welker plays out of the slot. Pretty sure he's a #1. Reggie Wayne used to play in the slot quite a bit as well. Same with Hines Ward (when he was #1). You put WR's in the slot because they aren't afraid to catch the tough passes over the middle and it opens many opportunities for YAC, and b/c it creates mismatches.

i just dont like that the linebacker position hasnt been aderssed we were like 30th or something stoping the run this year yeah we had one of the best pass defenses but we lost alot of games because teams did not have to pass the ball. if zach brown falls to that 37 slot and we dont get him i will b pissed! i also wouldnt mind if we went defense with our 22 pick to get us a linebacker and used the 37 to finally get us a RT or maybe a WR who can actually catch a pass. if im heckert which im not i go

4. Justin Blackmon

22. doug martin

37. zach brown

then in the later rounds look for a diomand in the rough to play RT and possibly a couple of guys in the secondary(sheldon brown is old) and then a couple of linebackers for backups and a slot guy for WR and no these picks wont mak us playoff contenders we suck too muck for that but they should be at least watchable and we might win 6 or 7 games then the next year look for our QB or stick with colt if he improves.

On further review- Tannehill @ #4 IMHO would be the biggest reach in the history of the first round. Much moreso than Gabbert or Ponder last year. Most Browns fans aren't buying into the ESPN hype machine. Six weeks ago the kid was low first round talent - at best- now fourth overall with Richardson, Claiborne, or Blackmon on the board? Please!!!

Suck it up this year with McCoy, get him some weapons, and if he flops, go for the franchise qb in 2013.

On further review- Tannehill @ #4 IMHO would be the biggest reach in the history of the first round. Much moreso than Gabbert or Ponder last year. Most Browns fans aren't buying into the ESPN hype machine. Six weeks ago the kid was low first round talent - at best- now fourth overall with Richardson, Claiborne, or Blackmon on the board? Please!!!

Suck it up this year with McCoy, get him some weapons, and if he flops, go for the franchise qb in 2013.

Well said...my thoughts exactly

Its a three or four year mistake these days. If Tannehill is a bust- you've waited and passed on three or four years of QBs. The Jags are in year two of their mistake.

I'm not saying McCoy is the guy, but given a supporting cast (with the 4,22,37 picks) which he didn't have last season, at least you know for sure. If he is not the guy...you pick a QB next year and at least have an oline, WRs and a back to support him.

Say we take Blackmon at #4 and Tannehill drops to #22 by some stroke of luck. Do we take him?

It would be oddly similar to Cincinnati's draft a year ago.

Honestly I would be less upset but wouldn't you rather have Weeden- in that scenario at #37? Use the 22 on a RB or RT and get a QB that is more polished than Tannehill who already knows Blackmon well. You hear alot about his age- but if Weeden gave you 5-7 good years- I'll take that with a 2nd round pick.

If you stay in the Top 10 you hope you get a Pro Bowl player. Tannehill = Alex Smith.

Banking on next year's class is a slippery slope. I would take Richardson if I were the front office because he's the better player, but the Browns can't continue to ignore the quarterback position either. Let's say the Browns do take Richardson, he has a great season, and the Browns go 7-9. Then who are you looking at as your quarterback of the future next year, Landry Jones? He's no better than Tannehill. The Browns biggest mistake was not putting for the best offer to get up to two to take RG3. They should have done whatever they can to secure that pick, but didn't.

Kendall Wright is an athletic freak, his 40-time doesn't do him justice, just watch the film... ran a 4.41 at his pro-day, has a 42 inch vertical, and has great body control, not sure what the issue is there. Wright isn't JUST a slot receiver, he can lineup outside or inside. Slot receivers typically work the middle of the field, if you ever watched the Baylor offense, most of Wright's plays were down the field where he played a role more similarly to Steve Smith or Desean Jackson. He's not JUST a slot receiver, but he'd be a good fit to lineup there because of his ability to make plays with the ball in his hands. Would be a good fit opposite Greg Little.

No criteria? Not sure what you mean, we debate every pick amongst five other writers with updated workbooks of rosters, team needs, coaching staffs, coaching styles, draft strategy notes, etc. The mock yesterday took 10 hours to do, there was certainly criteria.

Say we take Blackmon at #4 and Tannehill drops to #22 by some stroke of luck. Do we take him?

It would be oddly similar to Cincinnati's draft a year ago.

I was talking with Ryan Lownes of Draft Breakdown last week about this situation. I don't see Tannehill getting past Miami, Buffalo, Kansas City, and Arizona in the top 13. But if for some reason he does, he could very likely drop to #22. There isn't a team from 14-21 that would likely spend a first round pick on a quarterback.

Honestly I would be less upset but wouldn't you rather have Weeden- in that scenario at #37? Use the 22 on a RB or RT and get a QB that is more polished than Tannehill who already knows Blackmon well. You hear alot about his age- but if Weeden gave you 5-7 good years- I'll take that with a 2nd round pick.

If you stay in the Top 10 you hope you get a Pro Bowl player. Tannehill = Alex Smith.

Either situation I'm fine with.

I think Tannehill is cut from the same mold as RG3, which would be a great fit for our WCO. I didn't have a problem taking RG3, I just didn't believe he should have been such a high pick. Getting Tannehill at #22 would be a good consolation for missing out on RG3, in my opinion.

Alex Smith just has those tiny hands.

All kidding aside, Alex Smith could have had a great career if he had some stability. He had a new OC or HC just about every season.

I was talking with Ryan Lownes of Draft Breakdown last week about this situation. I don't see Tannehill getting past Miami, Buffalo, Kansas City, and Arizona in the top 13. But if for some reason he does, he could very likely drop to #22. There isn't a team from 14-21 that would likely spend a first round pick on a quarterback.

I believe I read Miami hadn't extended an invite to Tannehill, but that may be untrue.

I believe Buffalo is still set with Fitzpatrick. If not, they have a decent amount of money invested in Thigpen, the backup. More money than a backup should be making, from what I hear.

Kansas City is the only team I'm worried about nabbing Tannehill, I don't think they believe too fully in Cassel. But, by letting Orton go, they may have shown their faith in Cassel.

As for Arizona, I think they're going to try and plug in John Skelton some more this season. Between Kolb, Hall, and Skelton, I think they might have a full QB stable in their eyes.

Couch, Detmer, Dilfer, Quinn, Anderson, Frye, Holcomb, Garcia, ect, ect, so on and so forth... it's not the QB.

Let's not dump another 2 first round picks into a QB this year. Two picks because 1 pick is wasted on another "prospect" QB who may turn out to be fools gold, when we already have a deep silver mine in Colt McCoy. Another 1st because we're going to pass on a legitimate blue chip player at 4 if we go QB...

Let's give Colt a runningback that knows how to tote the rock... 600 carries- 1 fumble.

Let's give Colt an improved group at WR- and hope they haul in all those drops from last year...

Let's give Colt an upgraded OL that allows him time to get comfortable back there every once in awhile...

Then if Colt isn't up to par after this season he can take a backseat to the next gunslinger we bring aboard the Cleveland Express...

Banking on next year's class is a slippery slope. I would take Richardson if I were the front office because he's the better player, but the Browns can't continue to ignore the quarterback position either. Let's say the Browns do take Richardson, he has a great season, and the Browns go 7-9. Then who are you looking at as your quarterback of the future next year, Landry Jones? He's no better than Tannehill. The Browns biggest mistake was not putting for the best offer to get up to two to take RG3. They should have done whatever they can to secure that pick, but didn't.

Kendall Wright is an athletic freak, his 40-time doesn't do him justice, just watch the film... ran a 4.41 at his pro-day, has a 42 inch vertical, and has great body control, not sure what the issue is there. Wright isn't JUST a slot receiver, he can lineup outside or inside. Slot receivers typically work the middle of the field, if you ever watched the Baylor offense, most of Wright's plays were down the field where he played a role more similarly to Steve Smith or Desean Jackson. He's not JUST a slot receiver, but he'd be a good fit to lineup there because of his ability to make plays with the ball in his hands. Would be a good fit opposite Greg Little.

No criteria? Not sure what you mean, we debate every pick amongst five other writers with updated workbooks of rosters, team needs, coaching staffs, coaching styles, draft strategy notes, etc. The mock yesterday took 10 hours to do, there was certainly criteria.

Two things...

If Tannehill and Landry Jones are similar- wouldn't you rather draft Jones next season and put an offense around the team this year- where 1) you get to more accurately evaluate Colt and 2) you give the next guy a better chance to succeed.

I think TY Hilton is the closest thing to DeSean Jackson in this draft and he's projected 4th round pick. I also like Greg Childs (3rd round) I think he'll do well in the WCO. I don't like the guys after Blackmon and Floyd, but think there is good value later. I may even take a flyer on the Page kid from Toledo in the 5th-6th round.

I have just one question...If the Browns Would have traded up for RG3, who would he have thrown the ball to? They would have given up both firsts this year and a first next year and a second as well. RG3 would have had a season similar to Colts season this year but with more rushing yards. There would still be nobody open and receivers dropping more passes than they catch. So...how would that have helped this team at all?

I would much prefer to see what Colt can do with actual weapons. If he pisses his pants, than we have the weapons in place to bring in a franchise QB next year. That makes much more sense than to trade away 4 picks in the top 2 rounds of the draft to take a chance on a rookie that doesn't fit our offense anyway...Then, if he doesn't work out, have no QB, no weapons, and no picks to get any weapons either.

Everyone wants to make a splash in the draft I know. But a splash tends to only last a few seconds. Then you're left with nothing. I will trust Heckert...He has done well in the draft thus far. Let's see how this pans out.

I think any turd on a stick could do as well with a mock draft.

turdonasticklogosmall.jpg

I have just one question...If the Browns Would have traded up for RG3, who would he have thrown the ball to? They would have given up both firsts this year and a first next year and a second as well. RG3 would have had a season similar to Colts season this year but with more rushing yards. There would still be nobody open and receivers dropping more passes than they catch. So...how would that have helped this team at all?

I would much prefer to see what Colt can do with actual weapons. If he pisses his pants, than we have the weapons in place to bring in a franchise QB next year. That makes much more sense than to trade away 4 picks in the top 2 rounds of the draft to take a chance on a rookie that doesn't fit our offense anyway...Then, if he doesn't work out, have no QB, no weapons, and no picks to get any weapons either.

Everyone wants to make a splash in the draft I know. But a splash tends to only last a few seconds. Then you're left with nothing. I will trust Heckert...He has done well in the draft thus far. Let's see how this pans out.

Good quarterbacks make receivers around them better. Robert Griffin is and will be a terrific quarterback, they should have done anything and everything to get him. Then worry about the receivers second. Get the quarterback who can change your franchise for the next decade and worry about the rest later. I LOVED that trade for the Redskins because they were saying to their fan base, "We want to give you something to cheer for, and we're dedicated to winning. We're going to get a stud franchise quarterback and we're going to give up whatever we have to, to get this thing done." And that's the attitude the Browns front office should have taken. That Redskins fan base is re-energized and think that they're going to make a run in the next two years.

Browns fan base on the other hand are talking about "well, let's see what we have with Colt McCoy and take a stud running back." Look at the teams that win in the NFL. It has become a passing league. Having a top running back is a luxury, not a necessity. Having a top quarterback is a necessity, not a luxury. Colt McCoy is not the answer in Cleveland and I can confidently state that. Robert Griffin would have been that answer, but they chose to spend another season toiling in mediocrity.

As far as Ryan Tannehill, he's not on the same level as RG3, but the team will need to take a look at him, and if the coaching staff feels that they can develop him, then you take him at #4. Because Tannehill, although not a finished product, has a very high upside and is a better prospect than last year's #8 and #12 picks Jake Locker and Christian Ponder.

Sorry to nit-pick, but Welker plays out of the slot. Pretty sure he's a #1. Reggie Wayne used to play in the slot quite a bit as well. Same with Hines Ward (when he was #1). You put WR's in the slot because they aren't afraid to catch the tough passes over the middle and it opens many opportunities for YAC, and b/c it creates mismatches.

Pick away... nits or otherwise... :D ... no apologies needed...

I may be being a tad rigid here, but in my mind leading a team in catches does not a #1 receiver make. The '#1' is designation I reserve for a wideout who can separate at the line of scrimmage through quickness or strength or, on rare occasions, both. And that DQ's WR's that need the slot to routinely get open in my old school mind.

Kendall Wright is an athletic freak...

Won't disagree that you can "next year" yourself to death, but to spend a 4 on Tannehill? No way... and as I said, I like the kid and was willing to spend a 2nd round pick on him before the draft were QB-crazy after the 'Skins overbid for RGIII... the next Michael Vick... minus the dogs...

Wright is a 2nd tier WR at best...

I'm sure you had criteria for rounds 2 thru 7, but you did not share them. I've neither the time nor the interest to vet your picks, but if you should chose to post your thoughts then I'll read them... and probably disagree with them...

If you want to return the favor. I'm working on an update, but here's my first Mock. Have at it Sparky...

Robert Griffin is and will be a terrific quarterback, they should have done anything and everything to get him. I LOVED that trade for the Redskins because they were saying to their fan base, "We want to give you something to cheer for, and we're dedicated to winning. We're going to get a stud franchise quarterback and we're going to give up whatever we have to, to get this thing done." And that's the attitude the Browns front office should have taken. That Redskins fan base is re-energized and think that they're going to make a run in the next two years.

Browns fan base on the other hand are talking about "well, let's see what we have with Colt McCoy and take a stud running back." Look at the teams that win in the NFL. It has become a passing league. Having a top running back is a luxury, not a necessity. Having a top quarterback is a necessity, not a luxury. Colt McCoy is not the answer in Cleveland and I can confidently state that. Robert Griffin would have been that answer, but they chose to spend another season toiling in mediocrity.

As far as Ryan Tannehill, he's not on the same level as RG3, but the team will need to take a look at him, and if the coaching staff feels that they can develop him, then you take him at #4. Because Tannehill, although not a finished product, has a very high upside and is a better prospect than last year's #8 and #12 picks Jake Locker and Christian Ponder.

That's your ringing Tannehill endorsement??? He's a better prospect than Locker and Ponder??? laughing-smiley-014.gif

Most of us here are not talking about taking "the stud running back" and have no illusions that Colt is a franchise guy. However, many of us believe Colt is capable of managing a game. Many feel that he had neither the weapons, protection nor the time in a new system on which to judge his potential.

Oh, and some of us, like me, think that RGIII is the next in a long line of Redskin over reaching busts...

Pick away... nits or otherwise... :D ... no apologies needed...

I may be being a tad rigid here, but in my mind leading a team in catches does not a #1 receiver make. The '#1' is designation I reserve for a wideout who can separate at the line of scrimmage through quickness or strength or, on rare occasions, both. And that DQ's WR's that need the slot to routinely get open in my old school mind.

Won't disagree that you can "next year" yourself to death, but to spend a 4 on Tannehill? No way... and as I said, I like the kid and was willing to spend a 2nd round pick on him before the draft were QB-crazy after the 'Skins overbid for RGIII... the next Michael Vick... minus the dogs...

Wright is a 2nd tier WR at best...

I'm sure you had criteria for rounds 2 thru 7, but you did not share them. I've neither the time nor the interest to vet your picks, but if you should chose to post your thoughts then I'll read them... and probably disagree with them...

If you want to return the favor. I'm working on an update, but here's my first Mock. Have at it Sparky...

Checked out your mock and responded to it. A "2nd tier WR" at #22 isn't a bad thing, he's a better player than Greg Little and would be their #1 WR by year two.

Cleveland's picks:

1.) Ryan Tannehill - Groom him as the quarterback of the future in cleveland. I'd have him start the year behind Colt and coach him up a bit. Great talent.

22.) Kendall Wright - Stud WR who can play inside and outside, perfect complement to Greg Little

37.) Doug Martin - Versatile back who does everything and reminds many of Ray Rice or Jonathan Stewart. Between the tackles runner who can catch the ball. Has bellcow potential to carry the ball 250+ times a year.

Side note: If the Browns did that with those first three picks, that's an offense worth watching.

67.) Vinny Curry - Terrific pass rusher, fits in their scheme. Has a great first step and would be a steal at 67.

100.) Andrew Datko - Browns need a right tackle. Datko is a solid candidate at this spot. The crop gets very thin after him.

118.) Ryan Steed - Good small school cornerback. Cleveland needs depth behind Joe Haden.

139.) Aaron Henry - safety Mike Adams left, adding depth in the secondary here with Henry

160.) Brian Linthicum - Browns tight ends are well below average, taking a flier on Linthicum here, a good receiver, isn't a bad idea

204.) Darius Fleming - Chris Gocong and Kaluka Maiava could be improved upon, Fleming could be brought in for camp competition.

205.) Greg Childs - Second round talent who really struggled due to injuries the past 18 months. Grab him and hope to develop him as a #3 or #4 WR

211.) Justin Bethel - Depth at a position of need

245.) Derrick Shelby - Depth at a position of need

247.) Rokevious Watkins - Depth at a position of need

Good quarterbacks make receivers around them better. Robert Griffin is and will be a terrific quarterback, they should have done anything and everything to get him. Then worry about the receivers second. Get the quarterback who can change your franchise for the next decade and worry about the rest later. I LOVED that trade for the Redskins because they were saying to their fan base, "We want to give you something to cheer for, and we're dedicated to winning. We're going to get a stud franchise quarterback and we're going to give up whatever we have to, to get this thing done." And that's the attitude the Browns front office should have taken. That Redskins fan base is re-energized and think that they're going to make a run in the next two years.

1) Regarding the red bold, you- or no one else has any idea how RGIII will pan out as an NFL QB. He has loads of potential, sure. Let me remind you of a qb taken #2 overall- Ryan Leaf.

2) You're talking from a draftnick's perspective. We've done a 3 year look-back as to what the Redskins potentially gave up- and it ain't pretty.

3) Regarding Tannehill, we have our own Guru here that's broken down film on the guy- and St. Ryan is slow on his reads. Damn- we already have Colt to do that for us- so we should draft a better armed clone of his @ #4? Sure, let's take a project qb @ #4 overall. Excuse me, teams draft "project" quarterbacks in the fourth round or lower.

Checked out your mock and responded to it. A "2nd tier WR" at #22 isn't a bad thing, he's a better player than Greg Little and would be their #1 WR by year two.

Cleveland's picks:

1.) Ryan Tannehill - Groom him as the quarterback of the future in cleveland. I'd have him start the year behind Colt and coach him up a bit. Great talent.

22.) Kendall Wright - Stud WR who can play inside and outside, perfect complement to Greg Little

37.) Doug Martin - Versatile back who does everything and reminds many of Ray Rice or Jonathan Stewart. Between the tackles runner who can catch the ball. Has bellcow potential to carry the ball 250+ times a year.

Side note: If the Browns did that with those first three picks, that's an offense worth watching.

67.) Vinny Curry - Terrific pass rusher, fits in their scheme. Has a great first step and would be a steal at 67.

100.) Andrew Datko - Browns need a right tackle. Datko is a solid candidate at this spot. The crop gets very thin after him.

118.) Ryan Steed - Good small school cornerback. Cleveland needs depth behind Joe Haden.

139.) Aaron Henry - safety Mike Adams left, adding depth in the secondary here with Henry

160.) Brian Linthicum - Browns tight ends are well below average, taking a flier on Linthicum here, a good receiver, isn't a bad idea

204.) Darius Fleming - Chris Gocong and Kaluka Maiava could be improved upon, Fleming could be brought in for camp competition.

205.) Greg Childs - Second round talent who really struggled due to injuries the past 18 months. Grab him and hope to develop him as a #3 or #4 WR

211.) Justin Bethel - Depth at a position of need

245.) Derrick Shelby - Depth at a position of need

247.) Rokevious Watkins - Depth at a position of need

1. No way you take Tannehill at 4. You said "start the year behind Colt" Try start the next couple years behind Colt. The guy looks like a WR turned QB has only 19 career starts- not alot of success at the next level when guys start few games like that- saw a stat last year on this. I'm not sold on taking any QB this year, but If I had to take a QB- I'd either go Weeden with 37 pick. Russell Wilson in the 5th-6th round or Kellen Moore with a 7th round pick. Richardson and a RT would make teams respect Cleveland's run game and take some heat off of Colt who by now folks should know is not a guy that you put in the pocket 45-50 times a game. That's not Cleveland football anyway.

2. After Blackmon and Floyd- there is a lot of 2-5 round talent. I'm not using 22 on a WR. Wouldn't mind seeing the Browns go WR in the 3rd and with one of the 4th round guys (TY Hilton). I'd rather take a tackle that could be sliding down the boards (possibly Martin) with the 22nd pick. Another guy not talked about is Janoris Jenkins- if the FO sits down with this guy and examines if he really has turned things around- he's a steal at 22 and IMO probably the best corner in this draft.

3. Think Vinny Curry is going to be a good pro- I just don't see how he makes it to the 3rd round. He can get to the QB- he's a great 2nd round option for just about every team.

Overall, I think you need a new hobby. And if this is your job, you should quit and get one you are good at.

Zombo

A "2nd tier WR" at #22 isn't a bad thing...

See... there's my issue. You can't agree that Wright is a 2nd tier WR yet hold that he is a freak and/ or a stud.

Archived