THE BROWNS BOARD

Obama/holder Justice Department Persecutes Medical Marijuana Patients

The Obama/Holder Justice Department is continuing its persecution of medical marijuana patients.

Today it raided the hub of the California medical marijuana movement, a center in Oakland that's called Oaksterdam University.

Will you click here to demand that Obama and Holder stop persecuting medical marijuana patients?

Here's a report from Jesse, a Demand Progress member and activist:

I'm so sad. I'm almost speechless. All day on facebook and ustream I've been watching my close friends, who I hang out with all the time, being verbally and physically abused by federal police.

The police arrested Rich, pushed Danielle, knocked over Steph, and hit Mischa with a car. All four are patients and activists. All this abuse and violence was paid for with my federal tax dollars.

Please click here to stand with Jesse and his friends, and urge the Feds to stop arresting medical marijuana patients.

Oaksterdam was founded in 2007 and offers classes on the cultivation, health, and legal issues related to medical marijuana.

These attacks directly contradict repeated promises that Obama made during the 2008 campaign -- statements like, "I would not have the Justice Department prosecuting and raiding medical marijuana users. It's not a good use of our resources." (August 21, 2007, event in Nashua, New Hampshire)

Please click here to tell them to back down. We'll send an email to the Justice Department on your behalf.

Thanks for fighting for our freedoms.

-Demand Progress

PS: Please urge your friends to join our cause. You can vote up this link on Reddit and forward this email or use these links:

facebook_square.png

Archived