THE BROWNS BOARD

Running Back Fumblers

brownfish

I'm trying to get an idea of fumbles for carreer for these 10 backs that will probably go in the first 3 rounds...I can find a few fumble stats but can anyone help fill this out? I know Trent is amazing keeping the ball... I believe he only fumbled ONCE in college. Can someone add to this list if you have a chance...

Player -- Fumbles

Trent Richardson -- 1

Doug Martin -- 8

David Wilson -- 7

Bernard Pierce

Lamar Miller

Chris Polk

I. Pead

Robert Turbin

Cyrus Gray

Brandon Bolden

Thanks

I live in Virginia and am a Virginia fan. I was talking to my good friend who is a Virginia Tech fan and told him Wilson was visiting the Browns facility the other day. He said "he fumbles." That was it. I asked what he meant because I never watched a lot of Tech games. He said "A LOOOOOOOOOTTTTTT. And he lost them all." This just proves the point. Seven fumbles in his career might not sound like a lot. But he left after his Junior year and only started that year in college. The years before he was 3rd on the depth chart behind Darren Evans and Ryan Williams. So he fumbled 7 times in pretty much ONE YEAR of college. That is terrifying.

I've always liked his skill and he's one of the only Tech players' talents that have gotten through my blinding Virginia Tech hatred, but this is an eye opener. He is a great running back, but he needs to work on the fumbles. I'd be scared to take him.

Lamar Miller is not really all that great... I was looking for fumbles but couldn't find a stat on it... I did find that he only had 3 significant games over 100 yards last year..

2010- 108 rushes 646 yards, 11 catches 96 yards

2011- 227 rushes 1272 yards, 17 catches 85 yards

Most notable games:

9/17/11 vs. OH St. 26 carries 184 yards... sounds good right? Yeah, but he only had 1 catch for 1 yard. And he scored 0 TDs that game, 0!!!

10/8/11 vs. VaTech 18 carries 166 yards 1 TD... 3 catches for 23 and another TD

11/5/11 vs. Duke 20 carries 147 2 TDs... 0 catches 0 yards...

These are Lamar's best games. Here are his worst, brace yourselves....

10/27/11 UVA 16 carries 70 yards... 2 catches 7 yards... He didn't score at all this game...

10/22/11 GaTech 27 carries 93 yards... 1 rushing TD... poultry 3.4 yard avg. 0 catches 0 yards...

11/19/11 SoFla 20 Carries 50 YARDS! No TDs - He did have 3 catches for 19 yards but still failed to score here as well.

10/15/11 UNC 16 carries 29 yards! 0 TDs ... if this was against college teams he's not ready for the Steelers or Ravens...

When as looking at highlight videos he looks good but really digging into his game stats vs the teams he played... I'm not very impressed... just 9 rushing TDs and 1 receiving TD last year, I'm not sure that translates to a playmaker in the pros.

Archived