THE BROWNS BOARD

Hire Cavs GM

BelievelandBrown

They've put a good team around their star player and have the best record in the NBA.

If not Danny Ferry, try Jim Brown or Bernie Kosar. Former players, like Ferry, that care about this team and city.

What's really funny about that is everybody was dissing the hiring of Ferry when it happened. People were calling for the head of the owner and continually bad mouthed Ferry on every website.

What's really funny about that is everybody was dissing the hiring of Ferry when it happened. People were calling for the head of the owner and continually bad mouthed Ferry on every website.

Ferry is certainly looking pretty smart now. I admit, I didn't think he would do well, but he is shutting up all his critics now.

Ferry is certainly looking pretty smart now. I admit, I didn't think he would do well, but he is shutting up all his critics now.

Maybe our next GM will also. He sould at least be given a chance. It's like Grossi and the media are sitting there ready to jump all over whoever it is.

Ferry, I believe, was actually hired after Mike Brown. Almost certain.

Ferry, came to the Cavs in one of the worst trades in Cleveland sports history (in my opinion at least), giving up Ron Harper and 2 1st round picks if I recall correctly.

But clearly he was a great college player. More importantly, that Duke education sure was a plus when he came back as GM.

What's interesting to me, Ferry was brought in after Mike Brown was hired, because Brown knew him from San Antonio and they got along well. Danny was known to be a smart guy, who knows the game of basketball...

Mangini hired first, looks like Kokinis is going to be the GM. A guy Mangini knows from working with him, they get along, and Mangini thinks that they'll work well together.

Granted, the whole scenario isn't as cut and dry as a mathematical formula like I've drawn it out to be. I'm just saying, it will be interesting to see how it all works out in the end. A lot of speculation as to whether hiring Mangini first before getting a GM was the proper move, much like the hiring of Ferry was criticized.

Archived