THE BROWNS BOARD

Marlins And Castro

So as fu(ked up as Castro and his regime are does anyone think the Marlins manager (whose name escapes me) got a shitty deal being punished for praising him?

Aren't even assholes allowed to speak their minds?

WSS

Ozzie Guillien(sp?) he is quite known for putting his foot into his mouth, think that is why the white sox got rid of him.

Also managers/coaches are held to a slightly different PR level, kind of hard for a miami team to not punish a coach who praises Castro in an area that has a large portion of people who fled Cuba when he took over.

So as fu(ked up as Castro and his regime are does anyone think the Marlins manager (whose name escapes me) got a shitty deal being punished for praising him?

WSS

He can speak his mind if he were in a coffee house talking to his amigos but he cant do the same in a press conference. It is a business and you cannot offend your customers and expect not to be admonished for this.

WSS

I agree. I find this to be bizarre. The quote doesn't even sound that strange to me.

The Cuba embargo might be one of the dumbest policies we have. It makes absolutely zero sense. We're all held to it by a vital voting block of Cubans in a vital swing state. It's nonsense. And this reaction to Guillen's comments shows you how fervent their view is.

It's not a 1st Amendment issue, obviously, but there is something about the spirit of the 1st Amendment that we're losing.

WSS

I thought it was bullshit. He said something along the lines of admiring the amount of time the dude's been running things down there. I mean, it's an impressive feat. Wasn't the dude around when Kennedy was in office? I literally am having a hard time comprehending that. It's like, twice as old as me.

WSS

I think if he remains on as mgr and not fired he is lucky enough! Guillen really pissed off those cuban refugees, and the Marlins need to sell tix. it would be a business decision. I think Guillen would be a good mgr though.

Archived