THE BROWNS BOARD

Is This Silly ?

BrownIndian

Jaguars focusing on players' better halves

The Jacksonville Jaguars are looking at more than the measurables, character and the stat sheet in going after free agent players.

According to the Wall Street Journal, the Jaguars are also looking at the players' home lives and wanting to get to know their spouses as well.

There is a definite thought process behind getting to know the players' wives as a part of the getting-to-know venture.

"If you're happy at home with your wife at home, I think the energy level is higher," Jaguars coach MIke Mularkey said. "It's very important to me...There's a lot that goes with being married. I just believe the happier you are with your wife, the happier you are on the field. I really believe that."

The Jaguars used the theory in landing both receiver Laurent Robinson and quarterback Chad Henne this off-season, as both players brought their wives in with them.

"I really think there [are] a lot of guys that come in single, you are very young and there are lot of women after the money, the fame," said Henne, who has known his wife since they were in junior high. "They aren't in it for the right reasons. If you have a relationship before you come into the league, it builds your character and you get sustained in the way you live."

Robinson's wife, Kay, agrees, saying a healthy marriage makes players more stable and grounded.

"I think there's responsibility and accountability," she said. "He doesn't go out, we're homebodies, we're both in bed early at night and live a simple life. He even helps out around the house; he does the dishes."

The theory sounds good, but time will tell if going after family men translate into more victories and few off-field incidents.

+ ------------------------------------------------------------- +

Is it really necessary to get to know they players spouses to know if they will be a good player? Do you guys think this is silly and pointless or do you think the Jaguars are on to something?

"I really think there [are] a lot of guys that come in single, you are very young and there are lot of women after the money, the fame," said Henne, who has known his wife since they were in junior high. "They aren't in it for the right reasons. If you have a relationship before you come into the league, it builds your character and you get sustained in the way you live."

too bad it doesn't make you a better QB.

The Michigan vibe in this thread is now back to positive, good.

The Meechigan vibe can go to hell...

The Michigan vibe in this thread is now back to positive, good.

I rented the movie War Horse over the weekend, and if they ever wanted to find an actor to play Tom Brady in a movie, they should pick the kid who starred in that movie who is a near spitting image of Brady. Jeremy Irvine:

jeremy_irvine.jpg

I rented the movie War Horse over the weekend, and if they ever wanted to find an actor to play Tom Brady in a movie, they should pick the kid who starred in that movie who is a near spitting image of Brady. Jeremy Irvine:

I watched that whole sorry movie and never once thought he looked like Brady, but I thought the horse took a mean resemblance to John Elway.

Jeff Garcia is a quarterback too, here's his wife:

Jeff-Garcias-Wife-300x225.jpg

Zombo

Heather_Kozar.jpg

Tim couch's wife. Didn't help him any.

Maybe it did. Remember, the guy probably got paid a lot of money in his short NFL career. More than you or I combined will probably earn in our entire lives. And with his arm blown out, and this to go home to, I think it helped him decide to retire.

I watched that whole sorry movie and never once thought he looked like Brady, but I thought the horse took a mean resemblance to John Elway.

Come on. You don't think he looks a lot like a young Tom Brady?:

No, but I think these two are dead ringers ...

War-Horse-8-007.jpg

johnelwaymarch21ap-e1303038802490.jpg?w=246

Zombo

Archived