THE BROWNS BOARD

Football Gameplan's 2012 Nfl Mock Draft Video - Final Mock

EmDiggy

I was Enjoying the draft until you had Richardson going 16th to the Jets a top 5 Pick isn't going to last to the 16th pick someone will trade up or someone is taking him before 16 for sure.

I was Enjoying the draft until you had Richardson going 16th to the Jets a top 5 Pick isn't going to last to the 16th pick someone will trade up or someone is taking him before 16 for sure.

If Richardson did fall that far you bet your ass the Browns would be trading back up to get him. The Cowboys want to trade back from 14. And I agree that Miller is now a second round pick. I don't see too many people having any RB being taken in the 1st anymore and when I do it's either Martin or Wilson. I don't know what happened to Miller's draft stock. Can anyone elaborate why after the combine when he was not supposed to make it past Cincy is he now being looked at as a late 2nd round pick.

If Richardson did fall that far you bet your ass the Browns would be trading back up to get him. The Cowboys want to trade back from 14. And I agree that Miller is now a second round pick. I don't see too many people having any RB being taken in the 1st anymore and when I do it's either Martin or Wilson. I don't know what happened to Miller's draft stock. Can anyone elaborate why after the combine when he was not supposed to make it past Cincy is he now being looked at as a late 2nd round pick.

GREAT QUESTION!! Its redic... Lamar Miller is a breakaway threat with elusiveness, vision and knows how to avoid the big hit.. To me, especially as a former RB, this is ideal. Guy like Richardson are very good backs, but they never last long. Richardson reminds me of Marshawn Lynch.

GREAT QUESTION!! Its redic... Lamar Miller is a breakaway threat with elusiveness, vision and knows how to avoid the big hit.. To me, especially as a former RB, this is ideal. Guy like Richardson are very good backs, but they never last long. Richardson reminds me of Marshawn Lynch.

Redic? He had to literally do something to drop a whole round between then and now. It's either A: draft analysts are seeing something on his tape they don't like, B: something has popped up character wise that hasn't broken main stream media somehow, or C: both Wilson and Martin have sky rocketed their value.

Redic? He had to literally do something to drop a whole round between then and now. It's either A: draft analysts are seeing something on his tape they don't like, B: something has popped up character wise that hasn't broken main stream media somehow, or C: both Wilson and Martin have sky rocketed their value.

You have to use this term loosely because this is these are the same people that say that Stephen Hill is a 1st round prospect

You have to use this term loosely because this is these are the same people that say that Stephen Hill is a 1st round prospect

Are you saying you DON'T believe Stephen Hill is a first round prospect? Just curious because a number of people on here are touting him for the Browns #22 pick if they don't take Blackmon at #4.

Lynch had character issues or he would have been a stud all along. Richardson has his head on straight.

The thing I like in a big back most is nimble feet a la Jerome Bettis and Jamal Lewis, where you think they are going to run through you, but then they make a move and scamper for another ten years. Richardson has that, but not as well as Bettis and Lewis.

The other thing I like in a big back is that "lean forward" ... always running downhill a la Jim Brown, where, if they get past the first defense the safeies are going "oh Shit!" ... Richardson definitely has that. While he is more squat than Brown, he has also has that fluidness and soft hands that Brown had which allows him to be a great receiver as well.

Mike Pruitt was another Browns back with size who ran downhill. Those backs will plow through for 4,5,6 yards when a dancing back would get nailed looking for a hole.

Ricky Watters was probably the best WCO back of all time and I think Richardson compares favorably to him.

Actually, a guy he really reminds me a lot of is Ricky Williams, who is another guy who, if he had his head on straight, would be right up there with the all-time leaders.

I'm not as high on Richardson as I was Adrian Peterson, but he's definitely worthy of the #4 IMO. Problem is ... so is Blackmon.

Zombo

Lynch had character issues or he would have been a stud all along. Richardson has his head on straight.

The thing I like in a big back most is nimble feet a la Jerome Bettis and Jamal Lewis, where you think they are going to run through you, but then they make a move and scamper for another ten years. Richardson has that, but not as well as Bettis and Lewis.

The other thing I like in a big back is that "lean forward" ... always running downhill a la Jim Brown, where, if they get past the first defense the safeies are going "oh Shit!" ... Richardson definitely has that. While he is more squat than Brown, he has also has that fluidness and soft hands that Brown had which allows him to be a great receiver as well.

Mike Pruitt was another Browns back with size who ran downhill. Those backs will plow through for 4,5,6 yards when a dancing back would get nailed looking for a hole.

Ricky Watters was probably the best WCO back of all time and I think Richardson compares favorably to him.

Actually, a guy he really reminds me a lot of is Ricky Williams, who is another guy who, if he had his head on straight, would be right up there with the all-time leaders.

I'm not as high on Richardson as I was Adrian Peterson, but he's definitely worthy of the #4 IMO. Problem is ... so is Blackmon.

Zombo

What about Roger Craig. I always thought he was the prototypical WCO back, all knees and elbows. Defenders hated to try to tackle him.

What about Roger Craig. I always thought he was the prototypical WCO back, all knees and elbows. Defenders hated to try to tackle him.

He was a great one too, thought about him. Watters was a little more productive career-wise.

Zombo

Are you saying you DON'T believe Stephen Hill is a first round prospect? Just curious because a number of people on here are touting him for the Browns #22 pick if they don't take Blackmon at #4.

Correct DONT trust Stephen Hill.. Randle, Jeffery, Wright, Brian Quick, Fleener, Allen are all better options than he

Zombo

1. Props for the Mike Pruitt reference :)

2. At the bolded, Ricky Watters was probably the best WCO back..so we are in agreement there, but Lamar Miller compares better to him than does RIchardson because of the Breakaway Speed, the ability to run routes (not just dump offs and screens) as a Receiver, and supreme acceleration and vision.

Archived