THE BROWNS BOARD

Who Will Be The Surprise Cuts In Camp?

Thomaspro

I think Mitchell will be gone. If Hardesty gets injured in camp I bet he will be gone if they draft Richardson. Who else do you see as possible surprise or not so surprise cuts?

Thomaspro

Why don't we wait about 3 months until camp starts to start worrying about it?

As insanely crazy as this is going to sound if we cut a WR I think Cribbs or MoMass could go before C-Mitch. I just have a gut feeling that H&H are somewhat optimistic about C-Mitch. He just hasn't developed yet. Cribbs is what he is as a WR and that is nothing special (same for MoMass) and Cribbs isn't the returner he was a couple years ago. BTW I love Cribbs and would hate to see him go. MoMass I could git 2 shits about. The only thing that would shock me about Cribbs being cutt would be that we didn't trade him and get something in return (even if its just a sixth rounder)

As insanely crazy as this is going to sound if we cut a WR I think Cribbs or MoMass could go before C-Mitch. I just have a gut feeling that H&H are somewhat optimistic about C-Mitch. He just hasn't developed yet. Cribbs is what he is as a WR and that is nothing special (same for MoMass) and Cribbs isn't the returner he was a couple years ago. BTW I love Cribbs and would hate to see him go. MoMass I could git 2 shits about. The only thing that would shock me about Cribbs being cutt would be that we didn't trade him and get something in return (even if its just a sixth rounder)

I was going to mention the Cribbs idea too, I really love the heart the guy has but his return time is gone, not because he is terrible, but they do not kick to him anymore. As for punt returns we could get Chris Rainey in the 5th as a project wr/kr. Sad to say but a 6th for Josh at this time would be ok.

I was going to mention the Cribbs idea too, I really love the heart the guy has but his return time is gone, not because he is terrible, but they do not kick to him anymore. As for punt returns we could get Chris Rainey in the 5th as a project wr/kr. Sad to say but a 6th for Josh at this time would be ok.

or draft claiborn as CB and PR/KR.

We're not cutting Josh Cribbs, folks!

He had his best year as a receiver last year.

He is our #1 coverage guy.

He averaged 25 yards per kick return.

He averaged 11.4 yards per punt return with a TD

He is 28!

He is a hell of a football player.

Zombo

I can see MoMass. Cribbs no way. They already missed out on RG3. The last thing the FO needs is to cut the only thing resembling a proven playmaker. To cut Cribbs would be PR suicide.

Isnt he the best or the second best WR in the team?

Isnt he the best or the second best WR in the team?

Than why do we need to draft another in the 1st round. He would be then the 3rd or 4th best on the team if we did.

I'm just going to talk about WR and RB.

WR: We could potentially bring in 2 WR in this draft. IF that is the case I think the two that get cut are MoMass and... Alex Smith. I think they would like to keep MoMass around for one more year but he has had his chance he is done, Alex Smith is an old blocking TE and we can't carry 4 TE on the final roster for ever. Could also see us keeping Smith and dropping Mitchel. I don't think he has shown anything as of yet but maybe they want to give him one more year to see. Maybe they just drop him and pull him on the practice squad.

RB: We are taking at least 1 RB in the draft and we have 4 on the roster right now. You could cut Hardesty but they won't, Jackson since he really shows no upside but they just signed him last year and we haven't got to see anything. Obi is a good 3rd down RB so I think they won't want to release him, but then Smith is so damn fast and has so much potential I don't see them wanting to give him up. I would just cut Jackson and say sorry we wasted your time.

Archived