• A bit stiff and is not overly explosive

• Not elusive and won't create after catch

• Probably won't be a top vertical threat

• May have some minor character concerns

Injury History:

• Played through a minor ankle injury in 2010

• Missed some action with a concussion in 2011

Notes:

Was a two-year starter for the Cowboys --- Won the Biletnikoff Award as the nation's top wide receiver in both 2010 and 2011 --- Was a unanimous 1st Team All-American in 2010 and 2011 --- Named 1st Team All-Big 12 in 2010 and 2011 --- Big 12 Offensive Player of the Year in 2010 and 2011 --- Arrested on a misdemeanor DUI complaint in October of 2010 and suspended for one game --- Not as physically talented as former teammate Dez Bryant but doesn't come with nearly as much off-the-field baggage --- Profiles as a low-end #1 WR in NFL.

NFL Player Comparison: Anquan Boldin

Link: http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/WR/Justin-Blackmon.php

+ --------------------------------------------------------- +

This guy seems worse than Julio Jones who we could have had @ #7. Can he be a reliable #1 WR and an offensive weapon for Colt? After reading his pros doesnt anyone think that we have a similar wide receiver in Joshua Cribbs?

Josh is a great football player, but he hasnt developed into the wr we were hoping he would. I think we were hoping for another Anquan Boldin. Blackmon is a great wr and he does have seperation skills, he also catches everything thrown his way. It seems to me that we have pretty much talked ourselfs out of every locigal pick at #4 this week. We cant take TR cuz rbs are devalued at that spot, we cant take JB cuz he cant seperate, Kalil will be a horrible rt and hate every second of it, and why spend another low pick on a cb when we did 2 years ago, why not trade down and maybe miss out on everything that we actually need. What the fuck do we need do, stay at home gm's. There is more disagree on here now adays than there was 2 yrs ago and way more bullshit. Also where the heck is the Fantasy Football winners posted at. I would really like to my name on there Father of 3 baby. Go Browns!

If we do take him I do not want to select him at 4. He isn't a top 5 talent to me. If we pick at 4 I want the best player on the board and that would be be Richardson or Claiborne.

Also if we pass on him I do want to see Stephen Hill or Kendall Wright at 22. I just don't think those guys are going to fit into the WCO. I would rather Floyd if he drops, Reuben Randle in the second or Ryan Broyles in the 3rd or 4th

To be honest whatever we do in rounds 1 and 2 I want to see Broyles later on

I would say yes IF there wasn't a RB named Trent Richardson. Trent trumps Justin by a LARGE margin... Hell, Trent would just about whoop every one inside the top 10 without breaking a sweat. He is that sick.

Strengths:

Good height and bulk with long arms

• Strong and very reliable hands

• Savvy technician and great route runner

• Terrific ball skills and body control

• Runs hard and doesn't go down easily

• Extremely competitive and aggressive

• Tough and not afraid to work the middle

• Gives excellent effort as a blocker

• Hard worker who strives for greatness

• Super productive versus top competition

Weaknesses:

Average speed and struggles to separate

• A bit stiff and is not overly explosive

• Not elusive and won't create after catch

• Probably won't be a top vertical threat

• May have some minor character concerns

Injury History:

• Played through a minor ankle injury in 2010

• Missed some action with a concussion in 2011

Notes:

Was a two-year starter for the Cowboys --- Won the Biletnikoff Award as the nation's top wide receiver in both 2010 and 2011 --- Was a unanimous 1st Team All-American in 2010 and 2011 --- Named 1st Team All-Big 12 in 2010 and 2011 --- Big 12 Offensive Player of the Year in 2010 and 2011 --- Arrested on a misdemeanor DUI complaint in October of 2010 and suspended for one game --- Not as physically talented as former teammate Dez Bryant but doesn't come with nearly as much off-the-field baggage --- Profiles as a low-end #1 WR in NFL.

NFL Player Comparison: Anquan Boldin

Link: http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/WR/Justin-Blackmon.php

+ --------------------------------------------------------- +

This guy seems worse than Julio Jones who we could have had @ #7. Can he be a reliable #1 WR and an offensive weapon for Colt? After reading his pros doesnt anyone think that we have a similar wide receiver in Joshua Cribbs?

My biggest problem is with the "weakness" of after the catch. I don't know what tape the so called "experts" that wrote this article were waching but the absolute best thing about Blackmon's game is his ability after the catch. I've seen every single game he's played for the pokes (I live in Oklahoma and went to the true OSU) and his ability after the catch was/is his greatest trait. I have no clue where you got this article from but it is complete and utter horseshit. If anything his size (6'1 on a good day) is his weakness. For you Richardson lovers out there, this "article" would be like saying TR's major strength is his ability to be a home-run threat and his biggest weakness being he shy's away from contact. Again complete and utter horseshit.

My biggest problem is with the "weakness" of after the catch. I don't know what tape the so called "experts" that wrote this article were waching but the absolute best thing about Blackmon's game is his ability after the catch. I've seen every single game he's played for the pokes (I live in Oklahoma and went to the true OSU) and his ability after the catch was/is his greatest trait. I have no clue where you got this article from but it is complete and utter horseshit. If anything his size (6'1 on a good day) is his weakness. For you Richardson lovers out there, this "article" would be like saying TR's major strength is his ability to be a home-run threat and his biggest weakness being he shy's away from contact. Again complete and utter horseshit.

Agree 100%, the guy is a beast after he gets the ball. He makes a huge target too. So what if he can't separate? I'd bet he can out jump just about CB that will be covering him.

Here's the sport science on him... ridiculous

Summary for those that don't watch:

Jumps higher than Plax Burress event though he's 4 inches shorter

Makes great adjustments to bad passes (hello COLT!!)

Has a target area of about a two car garage

I don't think he is a top 5 pick, but I wouldn't be made if we ended up taking him at #4. I don't think he is one of the two players that Heckert is aiming for at #4 though based on how he said that you never reach in the draft for need and I just don't see how he has this guy rated as one of the two best guys that will be available for us at #4. In the end I would be happy with either Blackmon, Richardson, or a trade down within pick #8.

Agree 100%, the guy is a beast after he gets the ball. He makes a huge target too. So what if he can't separate? I'd bet he can out jump just about CB that will be covering him.

Here's the sport science on him... ridiculous

Summary for those that don't watch:

Jumps higher than Plax Burress event though he's 4 inches shorter

Makes great adjustments to bad passes (hello COLT!!)

Has a target area of about a two car garage

It's not that he just jumps higher but that he has better overall range than Burress.

Nay, The production is there and i think he will be a solid receiver just not Elite, at the for spot if you have a chance to take an elite player you do. We all complain about how we miss "The" guy every year by a pick or two and now one will be there for us to take.

Yay-ish... I seem to recall that the knock on Jerry Rice was that he did not have the speed to separate.

I think we will take Justin if we stay at #4 and I think he will be a very good WR at the NFL level.

If we trade down, I would say the same thing about Floyd around the #8 pick.

I'll take him...

But, I'd rather have Richardson.

15-25 carries per game VS 4-8 catches... hmmmmm... It's idiotic to think that RB is not worth a top 5 pick. I'd rather have a guy like Richardson for McCoy to hand it to than have a guy like Blackmon that he has to throw it to.

Just my opinion.

I'll take him...

15-25 carries per game VS 4-8 catches... hmmmmm... It's idiotic to think that RB is not worth a top 5 pick. I'd rather have a guy like Richardson for McCoy to hand it to than have a guy like Blackmon that he has to throw it to.

Just my opinion.

Your opinion is shared...many feature backs handle the ball 35%-40% of the plays through the ground or the air. I could see Richardson being Ray Rice in that respect. People are convinced of two things we are sure to find the same production in the later rounds. And the NFL is a passing league- I guess it is when you have Drew Brees and Peyton Manning and you don't play half your games in high winds and cold weather.

The more i look at Floyd the more I see Greg Little, Greg just had some rust on him last year. Here is Gregs combine results. http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/combine?id=27202&_slug_=greg-little&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fdraft%2fplayer%2fcombine%3fid%3d27202%26_slug_%3dgreg-little and here are Floyds. http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Michael&l=Floyd&i=8700. Little has a better vert and is stronger the Floyd. Floyd ran a 4.46 and little ran a 4.51. My point is that they are pretty much the same player and they both have potential. Lets let Little try and develope before we take his touches away from him.

I'll take him...

Just my opinion.

I'm not disagreeing with you but I think the reason why people (including myself) are afraid of drafting a RB with the #4 pick is how many of the top running backs in the league were found much later in the draft? Only Adrian Peterson is a rb from the top of the draft that has lived up to his draft hype. The problem is that WR has the same problem in terms of draft hype vs. performance.

Richardson appears to be exceptional...but so did a lot of other high first round picks.

it's the fact that if we do use the #4 pick on a 'can't miss' guy and does 'miss' we've blown another golden opportunity to either add more picks by trading down where the talent level of said players that everyone is talking about and then talent level of those right behind them i......the drop off in skill/talent is not that much (except for the CB), then i would be more comfortable trading down or taking claiborn.

blackmon is good but a #4 good? as with the gipper: i dunno.

Not at 4, maybe if we trade back. The only legit corner I've ever seen him play against was Prince Amukamara. In press coverage he was pretty much on his hip step for step most of the game. Blackmon still made some plays on him, but I don't see him being an elite receiver at the next level against #1 corners. I think he's gonna struggle to get open. He's gonna have to land somewhere where the QB has enough confidence in himself to throw it to him even when it looks like he's covered. He can make alot of plays while still being covered, but alot of that relies on the QB's ball placement to. I like him, but not at 4.

it's the fact that if we do use the #4 pick on a 'can't miss' guy and does 'miss' we've blown another golden opportunity to either add more picks by trading down where the talent level of said players that everyone is talking about and then talent level of those right behind them i......the drop off in skill/talent is not that much (except for the CB), then i would be more comfortable trading down or taking claiborn.

blackmon is good but a #4 good? as with the gipper: i dunno.

I agree with you guys - But who will want to trade up with us? Remember every team is looking at the same scouting and drafting reports like we do. Just like we feel that there is no point in reaching for a questionable talent @ #4, they will feel the same way too. That I think reduces our bargaining power and while we may be able to trade down - we are not going to get value for trading down like we did last year.

We better have a player that we can all agree upon @ #4.

I agree with you guys - But who will want to trade up with us? Remember every team is looking at the same scouting and drafting reports like we do. Just like we feel that there is no point in reaching for a questionable talent @ #4, they will feel the same way too. That I think reduces our bargaining power and while we may be able to trade down - we are not going to get value for trading down like we did last year.

We better have a player that we can all agree upon @ #4.

Why we may feel the talent is questionable and want to trade down other teams might think they are can't miss and want to trade up. Not all NFL GM's think the same. Some tend to pick more for need that BPA and all GM's have different big boards. Someone with a need that sees one of these guys as can't miss would more than likely want to trade up but we won't know until draft day.

I agree with you guys - But who will want to trade up with us?

The $1MM question...

Assuming 1-2-3 go Luck-Griffin-Kalil, I don't see anyone until Dallas at #14 and they'd want the player I'm beginning to believe we will take if we stay there... Claiborne.

Then the question becomes who will be at 14 or what do we need to spend to move up?

Of course, should MN pass on Kalil, all bets are off... and all hell will break loose...

Archived