THE BROWNS BOARD

Sideline Scouting New Seven Round Mock

SidelineScouting

At Sideline Scouting we released a seven round mock draft today with explanations for every first round pick. We’ll be doing one more the night before the draft, but otherwise this is one of our final mocks with the draft coming up in a week. Scroll over the tab “mock draft results” to see specific results for Cleveland. Tabs towards the top of each page to scroll through each round.

I know last time I posted we had a few haters with giving Tannehill to the Browns. We backed away from that, it doesn't sound like that's going to happen so we went with Richardson. But let me know what you guys think of the rest of the picks.

http://www.sidelinescouting.com/mock/

What do you guys think of the picks we gave the Browns?

A few surprise picks, I know. But the NFL Draft is always a surprise. Overall thoughts?

I like the first two rounds those are all day one starters IMO. But I'm no too fond of the 3RD round pick i like Russel Wilson but not in the third maybe the 4th. I don't see the point because if Colt doesn't work out and we bomb this year we are going to be in the running for a QB, so that's just a wasted pick when we could of tried to of got another starter.

Personally, I think Wilson can compete for a starting job. If he were two inches taller, he's a first round pick. So the skills are there, he's kind of a wildcard to me but I think he'll have a rather long career either as a starter or as a backup. I would imagine he could compete with McCoy right away and push him some in camp.

Personally, I think Wilson can compete for a starting job. If he were two inches taller, he's a first round pick. So the skills are there, he's kind of a wildcard to me but I think he'll have a rather long career either as a starter or as a backup. I would imagine he could compete with McCoy right away and push him some in camp.

Yeah i love the guys skills and after luck and RG3 i think he has one of the better chances to be a starter...in the right situation.I really just don't see us being able to bring in a quarterback that isn't Andrew luck caliber this year. We don't really have the environment for it, he would have to win his job and show he is the guy this year, and i don't think he can do that.

First reaction... at this point I'm about mocked out...

I don't think we can justify a pick on a backup QB in the 3rd round.

... and neither does Heckert...

So what we have is:

Rnd 1 #04 Trent Richardson (RB-Alabama)

Rnd 1 #22 Kendall Wright (WR-Baylor)

Rnd 2 #37 Bobby Massie (OT-Mississippi)

Rnd 3 #67 Russell Wilson (QB-Wisconsin)

Rnd 4 #100 Orson Charles (TE-Georgia)

Rnd 4 #118 Tony Bergstrom (OG-Utah)

Rnd 5 #139 Shaun Prater (CB-Iowa)

Rnd 5 #160 Janzen Jackson (S-McNeese State)

Rnd 6 #204 Frank Alexander (DE-Oklahoma)

Rnd 6 #205 B.J. Cunningham (WR-Michigan State)

Rnd 7 #211 Brett Roy (DL-Nevada)

Rnd 7 #245 Tyler Nielsen (LB-Iowa)

Rnd 7 #247 Robert Blanton (CB-Notre Dame)

First five picks all offense???

My overall impression? In a word... uninspiring.

That is the second mock I have seen with Fleener going to the Niners ... no way would the Niners waste a first rounder on a TE when they have a top 5 TE in the league.

Also this mock has Vinny Curry and Trumaine Johnson each going mid to late third round. Id either of those guys are on the board when we pick in the third we need to scoop them up.

That is the second mock I have seen with Fleener going to the Niners ... no way would the Niners waste a first rounder on a TE when they have a top 5 TE in the league.

Also this mock has Vinny Curry and Trumaine Johnson each going mid to late third round. Id either of those guys are on the board when we pick in the third we need to scoop them up.

I thought the same thing at first. But I had posted our mock on a 49ers board and they all said that according to local papers that Fleener appears to be the favorite for that selection. And they all like it. The more I thought about it, the more it made sense. The 49ers run a lot of two tight end sets and Fleener isn't a traditional tight end he's more of a hybrid WR/TE who will have a role similar to Gronkowski. If you put Fleener and Vernon Davis together, that's a dangerous pairing and a matchup nightmare. They added Randy Moss and Mario Manningham so they have a couple new WRs to plug in. Also, there's the Stanford connection between Harbaugh and Fleener.

I thought the same thing at first. But I had posted our mock on a 49ers board and they all said that according to local papers that Fleener appears to be the favorite for that selection. And they all like it. The more I thought about it, the more it made sense. The 49ers run a lot of two tight end sets and Fleener isn't a traditional tight end he's more of a hybrid WR/TE who will have a role similar to Gronkowski. If you put Fleener and Vernon Davis together, that's a dangerous pairing and a matchup nightmare. They added Randy Moss and Mario Manningham so they have a couple new WRs to plug in. Also, there's the Stanford connection between Harbaugh and Fleener.

It is a very real possibility when you consider Haubaugh used tons of 2 and 3 TE sets at Stanford, 2 TE sets are being use more and more in the league, Fleener is one of his players, and Veron Davis is on the down turn on his career.

I like Wilson too. I watched Wilson and Luck play a couple games. In my opinion Wilson looked like the better QB. It was only a couple games but Wilson seemed more accurate and could lead/hit his receivers in stride better.

If Wilson was taller I think he'd give Luck a run for his money as 1st pick.

If you don't think he's fast, then you haven't watched him play.

He played against bad defenses in the Big 12 his whole collee career. Don't get me wrong, he's a pretty fast. However, he only runs a 4.55 (or in that range). If a 5'10" receiver is going to be productive, he needs to be faster.

He played against bad defenses in the Big 12 his whole collee career. Don't get me wrong, he's a pretty fast. However, he only runs a 4.55 (or in that range). If a 5'10" receiver is going to be productive, he needs to be faster.

Wes Welker is 5'9'' and ran a 4.60 at the combine. I know, he's the exception not the rule. Just like Brady is too.

He ran a 4.41 at his pro day and consistently got separation on his routes. People always talk about the Big 12 defenses thing, but there's plenty of NFL caliber corners in the Big 12. Just a thought.

As Doris Day said: Que Sera, sera.

As did Sly Stone...

Sly and Doris... Top nominee for oddest couple ever...

Also, there's the Stanford connection between Harbaugh and Fleener.

Familiarity does increase the safety factor...

Plus with Alex Smith back what does SF really need? Not much MO making a 2nd top TE is as good a choice as any...

Archived