THE BROWNS BOARD

Ot Coffee

Westside Steve

Easy. Obamao will only like the coffeemaker if it is BLACK.

And, he will think that the coffeemaker will look like him.

And, if you buy any other color of coffeemaker, you have to pay a tax that isn't a tax, but is a fine, but isnt' a fine, because it is ....not a tax.

You are required to buy this kind of coffeemaker, - the black one.

If you don't buy this coffeemaker, you pay the fine that is not a fine but is a tax because..... it isn't

something.............

And, if you are a black person, you get a free black coffeemaker of this type, and if you are white, you have to buy the black coffeemaker,

but you have to pay three times more for it, because you have more money, and it isn't "fair".

And, not owning a coffee maker, because you only like tea - well, that is a felony, and you can bet

Obamao will sic the secret service and the FBI and the IRS and his TSA and SEIU, AFL-CIO, and his nazi brownshirts,

and his big mouth "first commie not a lady" after you.

See? Aren't you glad you asked?:angry:

HEY. I just pulled the trigger on a Keurig coffee maker.

The 1 that uses those little tiny 1 serving coffee containers.

Have yet to plug it in and try it out ( since I still have a big bag of beans) but I was wondering if any of you guys have 1, and how you like it?

WSS

You can buy the stainless steel filter and grind your own coffee for it. I have one but never use it. I'll drink a pot everyday by noon and I grind my own coffee.

Easy. Obamao will only like the coffeemaker if it is BLACK.

And, he will think that the coffeemaker will look like him.

Only if he use the coffee to wash down the dog meat he loves to eat.

Oh, please. You're nowhere near a moderate.

I don't drink coffee, but my wife has one of these. It's perfect for a person who only drinks a single cup and usually throws out a pot of leftover coffee. Maybe this applies to you too. plus, you can try all different kinds of coffee varieties without having to buy a whole bag. She loves it.

Downside: you throw out a lot of plastic. I've been seeing a lot of these stories in the last few months.

I'm not sure this type of thing bothers you, but since you want to be able to swim in Lake Erie I suspect you have an environmental bone in your body.

Oh, please. You're nowhere near a moderate.

I don't drink coffee, but my wife has one of these. It's perfect for a person who only drinks a single cup and usually throws out a pot of leftover coffee. Maybe this applies to you too. plus, you can try all different kinds of coffee varieties without having to buy a whole bag. She loves it.

Downside: you throw out a lot of plastic. I've been seeing a lot of these stories in the last few months.

I'm not sure this type of thing bothers you, but since you want to be able to swim in Lake Erie I suspect you have an environmental bone in your body.

Heh...

Well I don't do much swimming in lake erie but I have no beef with a little environtmental care.

For instance I think there should be a dollar deposit on every glass bottle. It would make it worthwhile to save them and take them back.

I am going to try that permanent filter attachment and see how it works.

WSS

Erie's got bigger worries than plastic.

I looked up that Put-In-Bay spot once. That looks pretty damn nice. After all, few things better than putting an anchor down and getting drunk.

Yep.

Sadly enough the boaters themselves have been displaced by the hordes of the youngsters getting off the jet express passenger ferry.

Oh well.

Take paradise, put up a parking lot.

Ironically the cleanup of lake erie has made it worse for fishermen.

They say walleye were easier to catch in murkier water.

WSS

Yep.

Sadly enough the boaters themselves have been displaced by the hordes of the youngsters getting off the jet express passenger ferry.

Oh well.

Take paradise, put up a parking lot.

Ironically the cleanup of lake erie has made it worse for fishermen.

They say walleye were easier to catch in murkier water.

WSS

It's the stuff you don't see that's the problem - agricultural and industrial and chemical runoff, pharmaceutical runoff. It's a growing problem. No one knows quite what to do about it either. All of these chemicals and pharmaceuticals are so prevalent now, and none of the treatment plants we use were designed to handle any of this. It goes straight from the land into the streams and into the rivers and into the bays and lakes. Or right from your urine into the sewer into the...

The Chesapeake Bay is the worst example, but The Great Lakes aren't far behind, Erie in particular. You should check out some of this stuff. Or don't because it'll ruin your day.

I am going to try that permanent filter attachment and see how it works.

WSS

I have a Keurig & love it. A friend's mother has the permanent filter & it works great for her. I plan to get one & play with proper strength (to suit me).

Hint 1: I don't like real strong coffee, so here is what I do. I use Newman's Own Extra Bold Kcups (or any extra bold/strong), take a large (16 oz) travel mug & run it through once (7 1/2 oz size). Then just lift the lever (AFTER water refills & AFTER you HEAR the heating sound), do NOT remove the Kcup, lower the lever, & push the button again. A double cup for the price of one. Be sure to wait for that "heating" sound as the coffee WILL be a good bit hotter.

Hint 2: I had issues with my original Keurig & exchanged it (I have the basic model). Since the exchange, I ONLY use distilled water (I asked a Keurig Rep & he said distilled is the way to go) & have had no further problems.

Hint 3: If you're near a Sam's Club, they have a few types of Kcups (including the Newman's Own) for $31.00 for a box of 80 Kcups. That's a great savings. In our Sam's they are on a pallet display in one of the aisles.

Sorry for the lengthy reply, but I thought it might help you out.

Mike

I appreciate it mike!

I was born in aultman by the way....

Yes I bought the maker on amazon and I bought the big box of newman's extra bold at sam's club.

Susan got sumatra from starbucks at walmart but it's pretty expensive.

We like it pretty strong I'm going to start using the middle settings instead of the large mug.

I've been using spring water.

There is a place on line that sells the coffee about as cheap as anywhere, called big cat.

You don't get the free shipping until you spend 75 bucks but that's not too hard...

Cheers

WSS

Archived