THE BROWNS BOARD

Lets Talk Rounds 3 And Up ...

jnuh

Tittle says it all. Lets talk about all the prospects you would like to see wearing the pumpkin helmets next year that we could snag in the late rounds of this years draft.

I will kick things off ...

Mike Martin DT, Michigan - I know we have Rubin and Taylor, but if we can snag this kid (especially in the fourth) he will add some much needed depth at the position. I think this kid is going to be a beast in the NFL.

Brad Smelly FB, Alabama - We need a FB who can catch the ball and this kid can do that. Marecic seems to be a question mark so at the very least Smelly can bring some competition at the position. We can probably get this kid in rounds 6 or 7. We have a bunch of picks after the 5th round I would love to see them roll the dice on him.

Vontaze Burfict LB, Arizona State - He could go anywhere in this draft basically from the third round to the seventh. I would absolutely love to roll the dice on him in the fourth. There is a greater chance that he does nothing in the NFL ... but if we do hit on him we hit big on him. Best thing about him is we need backers badly.

Ryan Broyles WR, Oklahoma - We can most likely score him in rounds 3 or 4 of the draft. I wouldn't go out and suggest we don't take another WR in rounds 1 or 2 ... but I will suggest that if he is healthy he could play to the talent level of a guy selected in rounds 1 or 2 ... easily. Like LBer we need a couple quality WR's. If he fell to 4 if would be a fantastic pick.

LeMichael James - RB, Oregon - If we pass on T-Rich James could be a dynamic LeSean McCoy type of back in the NFL. He is a fast, quick and smooth runner. I have loved this kid for the past couple of years. James could be floating around in round 3.

Carson Wiggs K, Purdue - We can possibly grab him with the last pick that we have. Sure we have Dawson for this year and it pains me to think of the Browns without Dawson, but the reality is Dawson wants and deserves a shot to play for a winner. It is hard to hit on a 7th rounder atleast if we take Wiggs we could potentially get a starter at kicker for 2013 and beyond.

Chase Minnifield CB, Virginia - Obviously most of us would like to see Chase in Cleveland especially since we saw how passing on Clay JR bit us in the ass. I was a lot more into the pick a month ago but if we can score Chase in round 4 I am all for it.

Lets see what you guys think ..

I like a fourth round of:

4a) Chase Minnifield

4b) Vontaze Burfict

That right there is a HIGH RISK/HIGH REWARD play that I think will payoff for us in the longrun.

I do think Mike Martin is a solid rotational player, I know he's always look good at UM. Broyles has good potential and I could see him slipping much further than 4th round. The only thing I'd say is that I see James going much higher than he's being projected. He's got that buzz surrounding him (deservedly so) and I see him going mid second.

Tittle says it all. Lets talk about all the prospects you would like to see wearing the pumpkin helmets next year that we could snag in the late rounds of this years draft.

I will kick things off ...

Mike Martin DT, Michigan - I know we have Rubin and Taylor, but if we can snag this kid (especially in the fourth) he will add some much needed depth at the position. I think this kid is going to be a beast in the NFL.

Brad Smelly FB, Alabama - We need a FB who can catch the ball and this kid can do that. Marecic seems to be a question mark so at the very least Smelly can bring some competition at the position. We can probably get this kid in rounds 6 or 7. We have a bunch of picks after the 5th round I would love to see them roll the dice on him.

Vontaze Burfict LB, Arizona State - He could go anywhere in this draft basically from the third round to the seventh. I would absolutely love to roll the dice on him in the fourth. There is a greater chance that he does nothing in the NFL ... but if we do hit on him we hit big on him. Best thing about him is we need backers badly.

Ryan Broyles WR, Oklahoma - We can most likely score him in rounds 3 or 4 of the draft. I wouldn't go out and suggest we don't take another WR in rounds 1 or 2 ... but I will suggest that if he is healthy he could play to the talent level of a guy selected in rounds 1 or 2 ... easily. Like LBer we need a couple quality WR's. If he fell to 4 if would be a fantastic pick.

LeMichael James - RB, Oregon - If we pass on T-Rich James could be a dynamic LeSean McCoy type of back in the NFL. He is a fast, quick and smooth runner. I have loved this kid for the past couple of years. James could be floating around in round 3.

Carson Wiggs K, Purdue - We can possibly grab him with the last pick that we have. Sure we have Dawson for this year and it pains me to think of the Browns without Dawson, but the reality is Dawson wants and deserves a shot to play for a winner. It is hard to hit on a 7th rounder atleast if we take Wiggs we could potentially get a starter at kicker for 2013 and beyond.

Chase Minnifield CB, Virginia - Obviously most of us would like to see Chase in Cleveland especially since we saw how passing on Clay JR bit us in the ass. I was a lot more into the pick a month ago but if we can score Chase in round 4 I am all for it.

Lets see what you guys think ..

I like Smelly Wiggs.

Zombo

Still a big fan of Burfict. He will be there in 5 or 6 though, because of his awful combine and pro-day. Minnifield may make it to 4, if so, I think that would be a great pick for us. I also really like James and Broyles, but James will probably be a 3rd rounder, maybe 2nd so if we dont grab richardson that could pay huge dividends for us. Broyles will probably be a 3rd or 4th rounder, but if we get a bigger receiver like Blackmon (Not that big but plays big) or Floyd, Broyles would be great out of the slot, or as our burner.

We could also go Osweiler Foles or Cousins in 3ish.

You also got some players that may fall to round 3 or later. Marvin McNutt, Chris Givens, Chris Polk, Isaiah Pead, Ladarius Green (I think we will grab him if there in 3), Billy Winn (some people saw him as a late first early second rounder early on, not sure why the drop, but could be another good situational DT for the time being), Jared Crick (same as previous), Sean Spence, etc.

Did the Browns say they aren't remotely interested in Burfict? I know this could be a smokescreen of some sort, but it seems to be true. He's a mess. He pisses me off. Exceptional talent but is just wasting it. Makes you mad when you're someone like me that has 0 athletic ability. I would have done so much with it. Bastard.

Did the Browns say they aren't remotely interested in Burfict? I know this could be a smokescreen of some sort, but it seems to be true. He's a mess. He pisses me off. Exceptional talent but is just wasting it. Makes you mad when you're someone like me that has 0 athletic ability. I would have done so much with it. Bastard.

Don't get too mad at the kid, he's still really young. I know I made mistakes when I was his age. Who knows, maybe if we draft him Jackson can teach him some things about hard work and values and stuff. We need a backup middle linebacker and I think that learning behind DQ could really work.

Don't get too mad at the kid, he's still really young. I know I made mistakes when I was his age. Who knows, maybe if we draft him Jackson can teach him some things about hard work and values and stuff. We need a backup middle linebacker and I think that learning behind DQ could really work.

Or he could be like Jamarcus Russell

Or he could be like Jamarcus Russell

He could. I think the big thing is that we don't have to spend a #1 overall pick to find out. Burning a fourth or fifth rounder isn't going to hurt us as bad a Russell hurt the Raiders... and we could score big if VB pans out and gets his head on straight. :)

It's a crap gamble. He doesn't fit the Browns locker room, nor the Browns profile.

Burfict is toast - The Browns do not have the entire team in place to afford taking a big chance

on Burfict, in any round. Won't happen.

Archived