THE BROWNS BOARD

Asante Samuel

DawginIT

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1127/asante-samuel

Would you make a move for him? The Eagles have said they would accept a 5th or 6th round pick for him. We have plenty of picks and could use a true starter across

Haden. It's also very likely that a team like the Bengals could take Michael Floyd or Kendall Wright with their 17th or 22nd picks. He's very good in zone at

creating turnovers. If not I would be very intrigued about taking Janoris Jenkins in the 2nd. What are your thoughts?

Hell I'd give up a 5th round pick for him in a second. I think the Heckert-Eagles connection might help, if we really wanted him. We need another CB, so Brown can move back to safety. I believe that's where he played in Philly correct?

No he has never played Safety, at least as a regular. Maybe a few snaps here an there. I think it's everyone's goal to move him to safety. Kind of like there are people who think Cribbs should play Safety or RB. For the most part they are all just pipe dreams.

No thanks, the browns cant afford the 20 million hes due next two years. hence why the trade price tag is a low draft pick.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/21/eagles-willing-to-take-whatever-they-can-get-for-asante-samuel/

The Eagles weren’t able to complete a trade of cornerback Asante Samuel to the Broncos, but they’re not done trying.

The Samuel-to-Denver trade apparently broke down not because the Eagles wanted more than the Broncos were offering, but because Samuel and the Broncos couldn’t come to terms. Samuel is due $10 million this season and $11.5 million next season, and no team will agree to acquire him in a trade unless he agrees to take less money. Samuel has expressed a willingness to do that, but he and the Broncos weren’t able to reach an agreement. Ultimately, Samuel can nix any trade: If the Eagles try to trade him to a place he doesn’t want to go, he’ll just tell that team he isn’t willing to take a pay cut.

But the Eagles are still attempting to get a deal done, hopefully within the next few days. Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports that the Eagles appear willing to take whatever they can get in an effort to trade Samuel before the draft starts on Thursday.

At one point the Eagles reportedly thought they could get a third-round draft pick for Samuel, but they have now reached the point where they want to get Samuel’s salary off their books badly enough that they’d take a lot less than that. For the Eagles, there’s a risk associated with having Samuel on the roster now: If he were to suffer some kind of injury during the team’s offseason workout program, they’d be stuck with that $10 million salary this season.

The best bet for the Eagles may be to wait until after Thursday night’s first round and see if they can trade Samuel to a team that had missed out on a first-round cornerback it hoped to acquire. But one way or another, the Eagles are itching to get a Samuel deal done, at whatever price they can get.

I would make the trade but only if Samuel agreed to have his contract restructured and extended from 1 season to 3. That was something to team managed to get done during the Brown trade so I don't see why not. He could start instantly at CB, move Browns to safety, and keep Patterson in the nickle where he is best. After a season or two when Brown retires we move Samuel to safety for a season or two and hopefully by the time he leaves we have drafted someone who has developed into a good Safety and drafted another legit starting CB.

No thanks, the browns cant afford the 20 million hes due next two years. hence why the trade price tag is a low draft pick.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/21/eagles-willing-to-take-whatever-they-can-get-for-asante-samuel/

The Eagles weren’t able to complete a trade of cornerback Asante Samuel to the Broncos, but they’re not done trying.

The Samuel-to-Denver trade apparently broke down not because the Eagles wanted more than the Broncos were offering, but because Samuel and the Broncos couldn’t come to terms. Samuel is due $10 million this season and $11.5 million next season, and no team will agree to acquire him in a trade unless he agrees to take less money. Samuel has expressed a willingness to do that, but he and the Broncos weren’t able to reach an agreement. Ultimately, Samuel can nix any trade: If the Eagles try to trade him to a place he doesn’t want to go, he’ll just tell that team he isn’t willing to take a pay cut.

But the Eagles are still attempting to get a deal done, hopefully within the next few days. Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports that the Eagles appear willing to take whatever they can get in an effort to trade Samuel before the draft starts on Thursday.

At one point the Eagles reportedly thought they could get a third-round draft pick for Samuel, but they have now reached the point where they want to get Samuel’s salary off their books badly enough that they’d take a lot less than that. For the Eagles, there’s a risk associated with having Samuel on the roster now: If he were to suffer some kind of injury during the team’s offseason workout program, they’d be stuck with that $10 million salary this season.

The best bet for the Eagles may be to wait until after Thursday night’s first round and see if they can trade Samuel to a team that had missed out on a first-round cornerback it hoped to acquire. But one way or another, the Eagles are itching to get a Samuel deal done, at whatever price they can get.

Browns haven't spent shit this offseason. We still are like 17 mil below the cap for this year. Next year is when teams have to spend so much money for the new CBA, so I say why not.

If we can get a top 5 CB for a 5th or 6th, we need to do this. I have read that he is willing to restructure his contract so there is no reason not to bring him in.

He isn't a top 5 corner any more.

Don;t get me wrong he is good, but there is a reason the Eagles want to move him.

He isn't a top 5 corner any more.

Don;t get me wrong he is good, but there is a reason the Eagles want to move him.

Ya there is, they have a shit load of money held up in the CB position and he is the oldest guy. While he is still more talented than Cromartie, Cromartie is still younger and has more good years ahead of him.

Archived