THE BROWNS BOARD

Hello! (Part Two)

leffe186

I guess I've lurked enough - I'm following Butler Browns over the top.

I'm in Kent. Born in Australia, brought up in England, and now blessed with the Browns, Cavs and Indians. Not yet infected with the abject despair that my Browns fan in-laws display. My wife turns the Browns off whenever something goes wrong, because she "knows how this movie ends."

Looking forward to the draft, and actually looking forward to the season too. Hoping for TR, a decent wide receiver, someone who can play RT and then defense defense defense. My optimism has not yet been crushed, but I have only been here three-and-a-bit years.

Nope - Kent, Ohio. Just about to graduate from Kent State.

The accent's actually pretty English, just some Aussie twang from time to time. A cashier at Giant Eagle actually said I was like James Bond (before her guide dog corrected her) - although come to think of it, she was old enough to be thinking of George Lazenby.

The accent's actually pretty English, just some Aussie twang from time to time. A cashier at Giant Eagle actually said I was like James Bond (before her guide dog corrected her) - although come to think of it, she was old enough to be thinking of George Lazenby.

The real James Bond: Sean Connery, had a Scottish accent.

My mother was raised in Kent....England that is.

Welcome aboard.

Welcome aboard.

It's good to be here. I'm hoping to be enlightened and entertained. Christ knows why I picked the Browns then, but nil desperandum.

Welcome aboard.

My main ancestry is Scots. My mom's father was born in Edinburgh. Never met him since he died five years before I was born.

By the way, Wheeler Dealers is one of my favorite shows. It's quirky and fun.

It's good to be here. I'm hoping to be enlightened and entertained. Christ knows why I picked the Browns then, but nil desperandum.

As someone said recently: take nothing personal. It is possible that the rest of us will be entertained....at your expense. But don't take it so hard. It can occasionally get to be somewhat of a slam fest

....and remember...if you really need to take out your frustrations cybernetically, there are always a full complement of stupid Steeler fans to assist you in that regard.

My main ancestry is Scots. My mom's father was born in Edinburgh. Never met him since he died five years before I was born.

By the way, Wheeler Dealers is one of my favorite shows. It's quirky and fun.

Stealer's Wheel? Yes, I particularly liked when that guys ear got cut off.

"Hello, can you hear me?".... hardee har har...

what? wrong show?

C'est la vie.

Stealer's Wheel? Yes, I particularly liked when that guys ear got cut off.

"Hello, can you hear me?".... hardee har har...

what? wrong show?

C'est la vie.

:huh:

Wheeler Dealers. It's a British show. A guy buys a used car he thinks can be given a new life with some upgrades and repairs and be sold for a profit.

As someone said recently: take nothing personal. It is possible that the rest of us will be entertained....at your expense. But don't take it so hard. It can occasionally get to be somewhat of a slam fest

....and remember...if you really need to take out your frustrations cybernetically, there are always a full complement of stupid Steeler fans to assist you in that regard.

Not a problem! I'm old enough and ugly enough to have taken some blows.

I mainly came on to learn more about the wonders of the Browns.

And for Butler - I actually lived in Scotland for several years. Edinburgh can be a beautiful place (but watch Trainspotting for the other side).

I remember that Giant Eagle, lived right across the street, Holly Ridge. Raised in Leeds, England that is. Welcome.

Archived