THE BROWNS BOARD

Wrs Overhyped Trent Bamf Or Bust Go Browns

brownfish

This running back is dead theory is ridiculous

6 of the top 10 leaders in TDs last year? Running Backs

How many running backs scored more than 10 TDs last year? 13

How many wide receivers scored more than 10 TDs 3!!! ok i will even throw in TEs now you have 5!

Yes, the bell cow one back pound and ground game has changed. So, what does that mean? Get 2 or 3 great backs on your team just like most teams need 2 or 3 WRs that can start.

The running back position is still more important than the WR position.

4-6 touches per game on average for a WR 10-12 for a RB more touches more opportunity for a score.

I was a big dolphins fan in the 80's i was told to hate the running game...i thought it was the most boring thing in the world when Dan Marino didn't throw the egg. I've realized now that i wanted him to throw it because the dolphins had no chance to win on the ground and with no chance to slow down the tempo of the game the Dolphins had no chance to win a super bowl.

I'm praying to the NFL draft gods today...please don't believe in the hype the running game is dead, its more important than ever...we just need more of them.

Trent

Alshon

Adams

Mcnut

Hosley

Then pick a QB or three i don't care our team is so much better

blackmon doug martin come on? who would you rather have on your team Sunday? Doug Martin or Tren Richardson? come on!!!!!

he fumbled against LA tech LA tech...my high school team beat LA tech (ok it was LA polytech, but still) he gets about 1/2 yard on a two cracker stacked box...Trent would walk in backwards on that!!!!

Marijuana is going to help our team by leaps and bounds this year!!!

...and no there aren't RBs to be had later in the draft because we have no guarantee someone will not pick them up before us.

Whoever we pick I am just grateful that we actually have a NFL team in our city...hell even in our state!!!

Go Browns!!!

Chuck-Norris-Approved.jpg

2011 League Totals

Rushing Attempts 13,971

Passing Attempts 17,410

Rushing Yards.. 59,978

Passing Yards 117,601

Rushing TD's 400

Passing TD's 745

I'm sorry, what were you saying about the NFL still being a running league? :rolleyes:

2011 League Totals

Rushing Attempts 13,971

Passing Attempts 17,410

Rushing Yards.. 59,978

Passing Yards 117,601

Rushing TD's 400

Passing TD's 745

I'm sorry, what were you saying about the NFL still being a running league? :rolleyes:

What is the yard per carry and catch?

Did you see Colt trying to throw into 25 mph wind in December? Not saying you are not right, the Giants had the least YPG average in the league, but there are other factors here.

2011 League Totals

Rushing Attempts 13,971

Passing Attempts 17,410

Rushing Yards.. 59,978

Passing Yards 117,601

Rushing TD's 400

Passing TD's 745

exactly my point... 1 or 2 running backs per team getting nearly 400 TDs vs 3 WR and and TE getting only 745 also...of those 745 passing TDs how many were scored by running backs?

I am not saying this is a running league i'm saying that a running back is more VALUABLE then a WRs

Been on here for two months now trying to explain we aren't New Orleans- we aren't Indy when they had Peyton.

We are in a division where you win ugly you play in the elements and you may have 3 or 4 games where passing the ball downfield is a severe challenge. When we are in games we've tried to establish the run we tried to run the clock with Hardesty or Hillis.

We know the numbers. Teams pass more- defensive backs are called for PI and contact penalties

We know what others are doing, but until Drew Brees walks in the door. Why close the door on a great back?

Cam Newton even proves it's easier to run then pass for a mediocre QB

21TD 17INT passing on 517 attempts it only took him 126 attempts to score 14 rushing TDs 2 Fumbles.

Alex Smith 445 attempts and only 17 TDs and considers himeself elite (LOL)

...If Adrian Peterson attempted 445 rushing attempts he would have scored 25+ TDs(and probably died)

while coaches are gearing up for a passing game now is the time to shove it down their throats!!!!!

give the BAMF the BALL!!!

Without an elite QB, having an elite or top tier WR doesn't help the team as much as having an elite RB, who will have more effect on the game than a elite WR paired with a mediocre QB. The WR position is deep this draft while RB is not, get Trent and then go after some WR with 22.

did you just compare QB rushing totals to RB rushing totals?

i often wonder if fans will ever learn to separate emotional attachment from logical arguments.

this is exactly how one sets oneself up for disappointment.

did you just compare QB rushing totals to RB rushing totals?

i often wonder if fans will ever learn to separate emotional attachment from logical arguments.

this is exactly how one sets oneself up for disappointment.

just saying elite QBs with Elite WRs don't need to run

Mediocre QBs like Flaco, Smith, Newton, etc...need to run or have a running game

200 of newtons attempts went for ZERO yards

even a so so running back like foster gets you 1000+ yards a game and has the ability to get you 100 rec yards a few games a year (pick up a great RB and you actually get two players for one)

Cam Newton even proves it's easier to run then pass for a mediocre QB

21TD 17INT passing on 517 attempts it only took him 126 attempts to score 14 rushing TDs 2 Fumbles.

...If Adrian Peterson attempted 445 rushing attempts he would have scored 25+ TDs(and probably died)

while coaches are gearing up for a passing game now is the time to shove it down their throats!!!!!

give the BAMF the BALL!!!

Your Newton example makes the case for drafting Tannehill.

Your "and probably died" was funny.

There once may gave been a case to be made for a contrarian approach. The first comment on the passing game I remember hearing was "When you put the ball in the air, three things can happen and two of them are bad." But that was over 40 years ago. (Might have been Woody that said it... can't remember.)

However, starting with the liberalized blocking rules in the late 70's and later the restrictive rules on DB's contacting WR's, that pendulum just keeps on swinging toward pass pass pass... The closest the league has come to going the other way was a few years ago when they decided that the OT's really should be on the line of scrimmage all of the time.

As much as I'd like it to do so, it's hard to envision the pendulum swinging back... ever.

even a so so running back like foster gets you 1000+ yards a game and has the ability to get you 100 rec yards a few games a year (pick up a great RB and you actually get two players for one)

so, we should spend a high pick on a position that even a "so-so" player like foster can get you 1k yards? foster was undrafted. i think, as tour pointed out, you're actually making a case to not draft RB in the first round.

Archived