THE BROWNS BOARD

Sideline Scouting Final Seven Round Mock

SidelineScouting

Over at Sideline Scouting we released our Final seven round mock draft today with explanations for every first round pick. Scroll over the tab “mock draft results” to see specific results for your favorite team. Tabs towards the top of each page to scroll through each round.

http://www.sidelinescouting.com/mock/

What do you guys think?

Minnesota is the real pivot point at three which sucks because it’s so early. Sounds like they’re considering three options but we went with Claiborne because I trust Schefter over anyone else. But if they go Kalil or dare I even say it, Blackmon, it throws everything off.

A few surprise picks, I know. But the NFL Draft is always a surprise. Overall thoughts?

I don't see 22 being Weeden- maybe one of NEs first round picks in a trade up, but 22 is a good spot in this draft as long as you aren't taking a WR. There will be some surprises and I think there will be at least 5 or 6 guys rated higher than Weeden and maybe a few Top 15 guys on the Browns Board. I would not be surprised to see the Browns take a pass rusher at 22.

Minny has two options in my opinion Kalil at 3 or a trade down/then Kalil- this is all last minute panic they are creating to get an extra pick. Kalil has been their guy.

Weeden would be an aweful pick for you guys at #22, as I've said previously.

As for the Steelers, Cordy Glenn will only be selected if he's the best available player at the time, however, based on their mock I think the Steelers are likely to go another direction.

The Steelers biggest need is secondary. There's no way they move up to take Claiborne. Gilmore would probably cost too much to move up for unless he falls out of the top 10. Mark Barron is also another player the Steelers would love to have to replace aging Ryan Clark, though CB is the most pressing need for the team. It's possible that the Steelers will trade up to #13 to get either Gilmore or Barron.

I think the Steelers have interest in D. Poe, but he's more a work-out king rather than a guy who put many highlights up on the tape. Between Glenn or Poe, I think the Steelers would select Poe though. Then there's Hightower, and I really don't see the Steelers selecting Glenn over Hightower if both are available. However, I don't think Hightower will fall all the way down to #24. I believe the Ravens would like Hightower and would be willing to trade up to #16 to get him.

Weeden would be an aweful pick for you guys at #22, as I've said previously.

As for the Steelers, Cordy Glenn will only be selected if he's the best available player at the time, however, based on their mock I think the Steelers are likely to go another direction.

The Steelers biggest need is secondary. There's no way they move up to take Claiborne. Gilmore would probably cost too much to move up for unless he falls out of the top 10. Mark Barron is also another player the Steelers would love to have to replace aging Ryan Clark, though CB is the most pressing need for the team. It's possible that the Steelers will trade up to #13 to get either Gilmore or Barron.

I think the Steelers have interest in D. Poe, but he's more a work-out king rather than a guy who put many highlights up on the tape. Between Glenn or Poe, I think the Steelers would select Poe though. Then there's Hightower, and I really don't see the Steelers selecting Glenn over Hightower if both are available. However, I don't think Hightower will fall all the way down to #24. I believe the Ravens would like Hightower and would be willing to trade up to #16 to get him.

No, I think Poe has to go to the Ravens...after all, he named their team....and his namesake is now a movie action hero

No, I think Poe has to go to the Ravens...after all, he named their team....and his namesake is now a movie action hero

While his last name may be common to Edgar Allen, I doubt the Ravens would select him solely for that reason. Any 3-4 team would be interested in Poe, especially since finding a quality NT is key to that defense. The Ravens are a pretty solid team, and they are in much better shape than my team, or any AFC North team for that matter. Their 2 biggest needs are the replacement for Ray Lewis (who is probably the biggest weakness on their defense), to which Hightower would fit nicely. The Ravens also need to start finding a replacement to the aging Ed Reed. I really don't see the Ravens as capable of moving up before Dallas to nab Barron, without seriously selling the farm to do so. Ozzie Newsome, doesn't appear to be a GM who would do such a thing, especially while they still have Ed Reed.

While his last name may be common to Edgar Allen, I doubt the Ravens would select him solely for that reason. Any 3-4 team would be interested in Poe, especially since finding a quality NT is key to that defense. The Ravens are a pretty solid team, and they are in much better shape than my team, or any AFC North team for that matter. Their 2 biggest needs are the replacement for Ray Lewis (who is probably the biggest weakness on their defense), to which Hightower would fit nicely. The Ravens also need to start finding a replacement to the aging Ed Reed. I really don't see the Ravens as capable of moving up before Dallas to nab Barron, without seriously selling the farm to do so. Ozzie Newsome, doesn't appear to be a GM who would do such a thing, especially while they still have Ed Reed.

All makes sense....and yes, we know the Ravens have Ngata (who the Browns should have taken instead of Kameron Wimbley...assholes). Nevertheless, it just seems serendipitous that Dontari Poe should go to the team named in honor of an Edgar Allen Poe Poem.

Archived