THE BROWNS BOARD

Round 4-7 Prospects You Want

Harry Buffalo

Self explanatory. Who do you want to see the Browns get 4-7. I want to see Heckert go BPA at this spot regardless of position. I think that is what he did last night int he 3rd round which I agree with and he just ended up taking a guy that not too many teams paid attention to and someone he noticed and liked.

WR: McNutt, Givens, Toon, Moss, are some WR that I would look at from rounds 4-5.

RB: I would look at Rainey now. Don't like his attitude after his Meyer interview but good talent and speed. Can't be scat back and slot receiver. Cyrus Gray is also still availible but provides more than just being a scat back and we really have too many RB as is

OL: Potter fro Boise St is still available I think and projects well as a back up LT which we need. Great pass blocker terrible run blocker. Brewster from OSU could be a good back up C and push Lauvou at G. Zanders from FSU was a 3rd round guy who has fallen. Bobbie Massie still on the board. Some teams must know something about him that we don't.

TE: Just to note Green from Louisiana Lafayette is still on the board and is on the Browns radar. Charles from Georgia is still there too and a guy the Browns interviewed at the combine.

LB: Big names like Tank Carder are still there. As are athletic guys like Robinson (Texas) and Lewis (Oklahoma) are still available. Bradham for FSU is good and can play all 3 LB spots.

DB: Boykins fro Georgia is still there and I think he could have been a early 3rd round pick easy. Minnfield of course and then also Ron Brooks LSU who is a round 2 talent that falls cause he was stuck playing nickle corner behind Peterson, Claiborne, and Matheiu. Normon from Coastal Carolina who dominated the East West game is still there as well. Some safeties but I haven't really looked at them.

DE: Lewis from Oklahoma could be mentioned here as well, physical freak whos size is right in Heckerts wheel house for DE. Tim Fugger from Vanderbilt is another freak DE who is around 6'3 250. Runs a 4.5 - 4.6 and about average production in SEC with 12.5 TFL and 6.5 sacks with 3 FF.

P: Guys from San Diego State or Punter from Georgia (I think he's good). I think Heckert will use one of the 7th round picks on a punter just in case.

I look for couple of these small school kids to be nabbed late.

I've mentioned Moss before.

developing talent will never be a science.

• Dale Moss, WR, South Dakota State -- He's a tall, fast receiver with the last name of Moss,

and his uncle happens to be Nebraska Heisman winner Johnny Rodgers. But the NFL still didn't

really notice him until he blew up at the SDSU pro day, running 4.45 and jumping 41.5 inches vertically.

That's because the former collegiate basketball player tried football only in 2011, when he found himself

with an extra season of athletic eligibility.

At 6-foot-3, 213 pounds, Moss has superb size, and his 61 catches for 949 yards and six touchdowns

last year proves he's a quick study who can produce. Moss will undoubtedly be raw early in his NFL career

as he continues to learn the game, but with his prototypical size and speed, someone is likely to make him

a third-day pick and give him the chance to grow.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/04/24/watchlist/index.html#ixzz1tL8cNgGI

Chris Greenwood, CB, Albion College -- Players from a Division III program like obscure Albion College

in Albion, Mich., have to be special to get noticed by NFL scouts, but prospects who can run and jump like

Greenwood almost always get discovered at some point. Taking part in a pro day workout at the University

of Michigan in March, Greenwood ripped off a 4.34 in his 40, then posted a vertical of 43 inches and a broad jump

of 11'2''. At 6-1, 193, Greenwood also has NFL size for a cornerback, with long arms, well-honed press-coverage skills,

and strong change of direction ability.

All he really lacks is pedigree, having attended three colleges, jumping from Northwood University in Michigan, to

Eastern Michigan, to Albion in a relatively short span of time. Look for Greenwood's name to be called in the earlier

rounds on Saturday, with some scouts likening his frame and game to Antonio Cromartie.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/04/24/watchlist/index.html#ixzz1tL8kAnfF

David Douglas, WR, Arizona -- The Wildcats' No. 2 receiver behind the more highly regarded Juron Criner,

Douglas didn't have gaudy stats as a senior (65 catches for 666 yards and four touchdowns), but he flashed

real potential this spring, running in the 4.4s with a 39-inch vertical leap. He has excellent short-burst quickness

and the ability to find the gaps in a defense, and at 6-1, 207 pounds he has the necessary size to project to the NFL.

Douglas will be either a late-round pick or a priority collegiate free agent, and scouts have grown more

impressed with his soft hands, tight route running and football instincts as the spring has worn on.

The Lions and Bills are two of the teams thought to be interested in his market.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/04/24/watchlist/index.html#ixzz1tL8tjXKy

Jeff Adams, OT, Columbia -- The NFL doesn't make a habit of finding its offensive linemen in the Ivy League,

even though Ravens center Matt Birk has proved to be a rare exception to that trend. But Adams isn't your typical

Ivy Leaguer. The Lions standout has been a three-time All-Ivy first-team pick at offensive left tackle, and was a third-team

All-America pick by the Associated Press in 2011.

It's easy to understand why the NFL might be interested when you check out his measurables. Adams is 6-6, 308 pounds,

with a ridiculous 81.5 inch wingspan and massive hands. He ran a solid 5.17, isn't a stiff when it comes to his athleticism,

and has the kind of frame NFL coaches can always work with and wait on as he matures. Adams actually impressed scouts

at two different pro days, Columbia's and Northwestern's, and the Jets are thought to be a team considering him in the draft's

sixth or seventh rounds.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/04/24/watchlist/index.html#ixzz1tL94O4S4

I look for couple of these small school kids to be nabbed late.

I've mentioned Moss before.

developing talent will never be a science.

• Dale Moss, WR, South Dakota State -- He's a tall, fast receiver with the last name of Moss,

and his uncle happens to be Nebraska Heisman winner Johnny Rodgers. But the NFL still didn't

really notice him until he blew up at the SDSU pro day, running 4.45 and jumping 41.5 inches vertically.

That's because the former collegiate basketball player tried football only in 2011, when he found himself

with an extra season of athletic eligibility.

At 6-foot-3, 213 pounds, Moss has superb size, and his 61 catches for 949 yards and six touchdowns

last year proves he's a quick study who can produce. Moss will undoubtedly be raw early in his NFL career

as he continues to learn the game, but with his prototypical size and speed, someone is likely to make him

a third-day pick and give him the chance to grow.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/04/24/watchlist/index.html#ixzz1tL8cNgGI

Chris Greenwood, CB, Albion College -- Players from a Division III program like obscure Albion College

in Albion, Mich., have to be special to get noticed by NFL scouts, but prospects who can run and jump like

Greenwood almost always get discovered at some point. Taking part in a pro day workout at the University

of Michigan in March, Greenwood ripped off a 4.34 in his 40, then posted a vertical of 43 inches and a broad jump

of 11'2''. At 6-1, 193, Greenwood also has NFL size for a cornerback, with long arms, well-honed press-coverage skills,

and strong change of direction ability.

All he really lacks is pedigree, having attended three colleges, jumping from Northwood University in Michigan, to

Eastern Michigan, to Albion in a relatively short span of time. Look for Greenwood's name to be called in the earlier

rounds on Saturday, with some scouts likening his frame and game to Antonio Cromartie.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/04/24/watchlist/index.html#ixzz1tL8kAnfF

David Douglas, WR, Arizona -- The Wildcats' No. 2 receiver behind the more highly regarded Juron Criner,

Douglas didn't have gaudy stats as a senior (65 catches for 666 yards and four touchdowns), but he flashed

real potential this spring, running in the 4.4s with a 39-inch vertical leap. He has excellent short-burst quickness

and the ability to find the gaps in a defense, and at 6-1, 207 pounds he has the necessary size to project to the NFL.

Douglas will be either a late-round pick or a priority collegiate free agent, and scouts have grown more

impressed with his soft hands, tight route running and football instincts as the spring has worn on.

The Lions and Bills are two of the teams thought to be interested in his market.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/04/24/watchlist/index.html#ixzz1tL8tjXKy

Jeff Adams, OT, Columbia -- The NFL doesn't make a habit of finding its offensive linemen in the Ivy League,

even though Ravens center Matt Birk has proved to be a rare exception to that trend. But Adams isn't your typical

Ivy Leaguer. The Lions standout has been a three-time All-Ivy first-team pick at offensive left tackle, and was a third-team

All-America pick by the Associated Press in 2011.

It's easy to understand why the NFL might be interested when you check out his measurables. Adams is 6-6, 308 pounds,

with a ridiculous 81.5 inch wingspan and massive hands. He ran a solid 5.17, isn't a stiff when it comes to his athleticism,

and has the kind of frame NFL coaches can always work with and wait on as he matures. Adams actually impressed scouts

at two different pro days, Columbia's and Northwestern's, and the Jets are thought to be a team considering him in the draft's

sixth or seventh rounds.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/04/24/watchlist/index.html#ixzz1tL94O4S4

Great research, I like the cb the best, tall and fast with good size.

Dear god i just seen that Devier Posey went 3rd round 5th pick. All who are mad at our reaches, as a texans fan i would be pissed.

I would have been happy if the browns picked up posey. He gets open and has decent hands. He played either two or three games for osu and was almost their leading receiver.

I want to see Heckert go BPA at this spot regardless of position.

I'm not going to pretend to know anything about anybody from here on out. Unless they played for Penn St. or one of the Florida schools I may not have ever heard of them. But I like you thinking: BPA

I thought Heckert was a Saturday wizard last year. Skrine and Hagg looked better than I thought they would and Pinkston did no less than step into a starters role and lock it down.

We also got Cameron and Marecik who we are hoping will blossom. The year before, he didn't do so well on Saturday, although Carlton Mitchell is still on the roster.

We have seven picks, if you get one eventual starter and two or three depth/ST players you freaking nailed it.

No punters ... Reggie Hodges will be back and will be our second leading rusher.

Zombo

Alfonzo Dennard

Chase Minnifield

Vontaze Burfict

... I don't get all the hate on Vontaze, I could care less if the guy smoked pot. The President of the United States smoked pot in college.

Vontaze has had a bad year and probably knew he was gonna fail his drug test at the combine which most likely made him really nervous... but in the fourth-seventh rounds he could be a steal if we get him on the right track. He was a beast for AZ, bring him in under the tutelage of Dqwell Jackson, GoCong and Scott Fujita- they'll shape him up and we could have our very own James Harrison on our hands. Head case? Maybe, but sometimes linebackers need to be a little crazy ala Rey Lewis.

Archived