THE BROWNS BOARD

James-Michael Johnson

TheClevelandSound

"Johnson is always around the play but has a tough time making plays on the ball in passing downs. He can cover in man but is better in zone and could get outrun by tight ends in the NFL. He is not very fast and is better served playing inside the box."

I thought that's what we needed to fix...?

He is Gocong...

When TE run 4.5 in the NFL they can outrun most LB. Ran a 4.68 which is about average to above average or MLB/OLB. He is a solid player that can start at OLB if we need him to. Good pick.

He is Gocong 2.0.

A solid starter that earns a second big contract? That would be a steal in the late fourth round.

Were you really hoping to find somebody better than our starters in the 4th round?

Was there some linebacker out there that was going to significantly improve our linebacking pass coverage?

It's the late fourth round. If he can backup and play special teams I'm happy.

Zombo

I didn't say you could find one in the late fourth round, but you could in the early third round where the UDFA/7th rounder was picked.

I don't not like Johnson, I'm just annoyed that it's not possible to be critical at all of any of these guys.

They're prospects, not finely tuned and experienced NFL players yet and have a lot of work to do.

Just like you said they are prospects. We have no clue what they are capable of at the NFL level. Theres no point in critizing them yet because they haven't been given an opportunity to prove themselves. Let them play a few games, get a sample of their ability, and then critize or praise them.

I didn't say you could find one in the late fourth round, but you could in the early third round where the UDFA/7th rounder was picked.

I don't not like Johnson, I'm just annoyed that it's not possible to be critical at all of any of these guys.

They're prospects, not finely tuned and experienced NFL players yet and have a lot of work to do.

Exactly what your saying, so stop being a cunt and let the the players get in their offseason and rookie seasons before you declare Heckert to be the failure you so desperately want him to be. I have said this in at least 5 different threads so far but I have heard the same shit from the same people after the past two drafts. STFU and wait to see what these players can do cause for all the bitching everyone has done after our past two drafts those players turned out to be mostly good.

Lmfao needle dick. There are clear mistakes made. No one wants Tom Heckert to fail. I'm sorry it might be hard to see what other people are tslking about when Tommy's kilbasa is in your mouth.

What fucking mistakes you idiot, no one knows until they guys are on the field and anyone who says they can are either being told to by the producers/editors or their just stupid assholes. Which one are you?

It is beyond annoying how much you people suck on Heckert's balls and refuse to even admit to the possibility of an error.

This guy has serious issues in pass coverage, one of the biggest knocks on our LB corps. He is Gocong 2.0.

You're all perfect little fans.

Same people who say, "Sure, its okay he picked a projected UDFA in the third round for depth," when there are significant holes in starting positions on the team.

Really? How many freeking "Nevada" games do we get to watch around here? How the hell does anyone but the paid scouts know what this guy is capable of. Every pick in the draft for every team is a crapshoot. I will trust the Browns braintrust on this one. The TV commentators seemed to like this pick.

i can find a knock on any and every prospect in the draft. big fucking deal if he is a concern in pass coverage....he's a fucking prospect. will he play more than special teams? who knows....

but quit operating under the assumption that every fucking player taken in every round is picked with hope of them being a starter.

this guy is potential run support and a ST. i dont think they took him as our next jamir miller.

Archived