THE BROWNS BOARD

Ryan Miller

TheClevelandSound

From NFL.com:

"There will be discussions about moving Miller outside to tackle from guard: This debate revolves around Miller's size, much like last year's first round-pick at OT, Nate Solder. Given Miller's solid athletic ability and size, a move to the outside seems imminent. Miller would need to learn the position after spending the past two years inside, but he could transition well with his talent and versatility. Miller could go as early as the late first round, but most likely will settle in nicely in the second round."

Underwhelming but a solid depth add. I don't know what their plans are for him T or G, or depth at both.

Not sure when that analysis was written, but if he was supposed to go in the late 1st/early 2nd, we got the steal of the draft.

... a solid depth add. I don't know what their plans are for him T or G, or depth at both.
Which is what you want/ expect from a RND 5 OL pick... anything more is a bonus...

Well yeah, but these guys are more known for run blocking and need a little polishing in the pass blocking area.

Which raises the question... how are Weeden's play-action skills?

Not sure when that analysis was written, but if he was supposed to go in the late 1st/early 2nd, we got the steal of the draft.

It's obviously a typo...the comments about dept tell us that.

I think we got him about where he was projected all along.

I agree, he played both guard and tackle for the Buff's. Work him inside but we have a guy with the size to go outside if somebody gets dinged.

It's obviously a typo...the comments about dept tell us that.

I think we got him about where he was projected all along.

I agree, he played both guard and tackle for the Buff's. Work him inside but we have a guy with the size to go outside if somebody gets dinged.

The thing about depth was previous posters opinion. That was not included in the nfl.com analysis. Hence the quotation marks

He is a beast and so is the OT we got. Trent is going to have a massive wall to run behind. Im also glad we got ourselves a qb that will be able to see over the lineman and not have to sprint to the right side to throw.

He is a big dude. Should come in and compete with Lauava and Pinkston.

Nah- it tells me Lavaou ain't cutting it. If you just got a workhorse in Richardson, you had damn well better get some piledrivers up front to open holes. It's going to be pound 'em with Trent, and occasionally toss it over the top to keep defenses honest. At least Weeden has the arm to make defenses respect that possibility.

The ghost of Woody Hayes is loving it.

Archived