THE BROWNS BOARD

Projected Madden Ratings For Rookies

Harry Buffalo

I'm making this topic because every year there is that dead period for me between the draft and preseason football. The biggest thing that happens between the two for me and a lot of younger football fans is the release of Madden football which normally comes out a week or more before the preseason games start.

In order to hold me over I normally create the players the Browns draft. Problem is I can never create good actual rookie ratings for the players because I focus more on how they did in college and base their ratings off of that instead of dumbing down the ratings for the pro level (I made TR and I went back up to see his overall and I had him at 98 for Christ sakes!). So far the closest I think I have been able to rate someone is Weeden who I had around 86 when his rating will more than likely be between 78-82 when the game comes out.

So my question for all of you who cares what do you think the overall rating will be for each player and what do you think their overall will be?

I'm making this topic because every year there is that dead period for me between the draft and preseason football. The biggest thing that happens between the two for me and a lot of younger football fans is the release of Madden football which normally comes out a week or more before the preseason games start.

In order to hold me over I normally create the players the Browns draft. Problem is I can never create good actual rookie ratings for the players because I focus more on how they did in college and base their ratings off of that instead of dumbing down the ratings for the pro level (I made TR and I went back up to see his overall and I had him at 98 for Christ sakes!). So far the closest I think I have been able to rate someone is Weeden who I had around 86 when his rating will more than likely be between 78-82 when the game comes out.

So my question for all of you who cares what do you think the overall rating will be for each player and what do you think their overall will be?

Richardson will be in the 80's. I'm sure he'll be one of the better backs in the game based on how they've done previous rookie rankings. Fast and strong is a win/win. I can see Weeden getting a 79 overall type deal and I have no idea with your tackle. I'm peg him in the mid to low 70's. As of now I couldn't care less because FINALLY they seem to have decided to take steps to make the game worth a sh.it. I'd label myself as a hardcore Madden gamer, adding in the feature were WR's will indicate they are looking for the ball. Zone and man defense finally disguises themselves AND no more DB super plays where they aren't looking at the ball. They actually have to have their eyes on the ball to make a play. There was a brief article on IGN the other day highlightin the proposed changes. However as of right now I'm holding out hope because EA has an uncanny ability to fuck up Madden. It hasn't been "wow" good since maybe the 06 game. I also hope the pass/run game is more balanced because it was FAR too easy to run in M12.

Richardson will be in the 80's. I'm sure he'll be one of the better backs in the game based on how they've done previous rookie rankings. Fast and strong is a win/win. I can see Weeden getting a 79 overall type deal and I have no idea with your tackle. I'm peg him in the mid to low 70's. As of now I couldn't care less because FINALLY they seem to have decided to take steps to make the game worth a sh.it. I'd label myself as a hardcore Madden gamer, adding in the feature were WR's will indicate they are looking for the ball. Zone and man defense finally disguises themselves AND no more DB super plays where they aren't looking at the ball. They actually have to have their eyes on the ball to make a play. There was a brief article on IGN the other day highlightin the proposed changes. However as of right now I'm holding out hope because EA has an uncanny ability to fuck up Madden. It hasn't been "wow" good since maybe the 06 game. I also hope the pass/run game is more balanced because it was FAR too easy to run in M12.

The franchise mode for me has just been too easy. I really like the changes they have made and it has made the game a lot better but it's still too easy. I collect I don't know how many 1st round draft picks because the game values next years 1st round picks less that the current years 4th rounders. It doesn't take draft value into account and I can trade down one spot and pick up either a 3rd and 4th for the current year or a 1st and 2nd for the next year. Plus every season I tend to pick up an 80 overall player with A potential because some team cuts them during preseason and they always give you 1st pick in waivers.

The franchise mode for me has just been too easy. I really like the changes they have made and it has made the game a lot better but it's still too easy. I collect I don't know how many 1st round draft picks because the game values next years 1st round picks less that the current years 4th rounders. It doesn't take draft value into account and I can trade down one spot and pick up either a 3rd and 4th for the current year or a 1st and 2nd for the next year. Plus every season I tend to pick up an 80 overall player with A potential because some team cuts them during preseason and they always give you 1st pick in waivers.

I don't play the offline franchise. I've played in the same online franchise with the same guys for the last two madden games. We also use a site that runs a salary cap system. http://xtreme-football.net/ The offline franchise mode is garbage honestly. Find yourself a good, consistent league and you'll be introduced to a entirely new faction of Madden. It makes the game tolerable for me because if we're being honest the games haven't been all that great since the PS2 became a thing of the past. My league is the UFL and or the Ultimate Football League. We actually have a few Cleveland boys in the league.

I don't play the offline franchise. I've played in the same online franchise with the same guys for the last two madden games. We also use a site that runs a salary cap system. http://xtreme-football.net/ The offline franchise mode is garbage honestly. Find yourself a good, consistent league and you'll be introduced to a entirely new faction of Madden. It makes the game tolerable for me because if we're being honest the games haven't been all that great since the PS2 became a thing of the past. My league is the UFL and or the Ultimate Football League. We actually have a few Cleveland boys in the league.

Sounds great but I'm not going to pay no 5 bucks a month on top of already paying 60 bucks for a game.

Sounds great but I'm not going to pay no 5 bucks a month on top of already paying 60 bucks for a game.

The league usually incurs the cost. My league was one of the first in and I don't believe we actually pay. I personally don't pay a penny and if I had to it's well worth the 5 bucks. It changes the scope of the game having to actually manage contracts. However as I said I'm a pretty hard core Madden gamer and my league is very sim. I'm a pretty big gamer period I guess.

I can see Trent at like 81-83. 90ish speed give or take.

I see Weeden at like 74-76 (Cam Newton was only a 77 last year)

I see Schwartz 71-73

Hughes will be like a 65

Benjamin at a 63, but maybe (yes still doubtful) they wont underrate his speed severely, and give him like a 91-93 speed, prolly see like 87.

James-Michael Johnson / Emmanual Acho / Billy Winn / Trevin Wade / Brad Smelley will be anywhere from 58-64 - with Billy Winn being potentially about the same as Hughes.

I can see Trent at like 81-83. 90ish speed give or take.

I see Weeden at like 74-76 (Cam Newton was only a 77 last year)

I see Schwartz 71-73

Hughes will be like a 65

Benjamin at a 63, but maybe (yes still doubtful) they wont underrate his speed severely, and give him like a 91-93 speed, prolly see like 87.

James-Michael Johnson / Emmanual Acho / Billy Winn / Trevin Wade / Brad Smelley will be anywhere from 58-64 - with Billy Winn being potentially about the same as Hughes.

They won't screw Benjamin on his speed. They normally don't screw actual draft picks on their speed. He will more than likely be 95+ in that area.

Richardson is a 95 on NCAA 12... He'll probably start out at an 88-89, not bad for a franchise back. I agree with your original stat though of 98. He should be the highest rated rookie on Madden 13 though, if nothing else because he's the best positional player and RB has less a learning curve than any other position.

I would guess the guy has got 92 speed, a nasty stiff arm probably a 94. Trucking of 94, receiving of 86. Elusiveness of 88. Pass Blocking of 85. Vision of 92. Acceleration of 95... These are just my guesses but know this, they'll make him a bad ass RB.

Found these stats on Madden 08. They are from AP and ML, so adjust as you see fit. He should have an A potential though.

Overall - 85

Speed - 93

Acceleration - 93

Elusiveness - 90

Trucking - 85

Juke - 92

Marshawn Lynch

RB - Buffalo Bills

Overall - 83

Speed - 91

Acceleration - 91

Elusiveness - 82

Trucking - 85

Juke - 93

Catch - 73

Found these stats on Madden 08. They are from AP and ML, so adjust as you see fit. He should have an A potential though.

Overall - 85

Speed - 93

Acceleration - 93

Elusiveness - 90

Trucking - 85

Juke - 92

He compares very well with Adrian Peterson, but with better catching. He may get up to 86/87, but no way does it get any higher than that IMHO.

If they rate Lynch at a 91 speed then that is around where Richardson should be.

Lynch will not be faster than Richardson. I expect Richardson to have at least a 90 speed with a relatively high truck and strength rating. He'll be one of the more coveted back in the game IMO. Assuming you make the switch to a online franchise vs the very weak offline franchise.

Do you guys play each game in your online league or do you just stick to GM stuff.

Play each game, write game recaps and other content pieces. It's pretty involved but the most important aspect is playing the games. http://www.xtreme-football.net/UFL3 I had a terrible season for our last season of M12 but you can get the basic idea from our XFN site. Click on the tabs up top.

Play each game, write game recaps and other content pieces. It's pretty involved but the most important aspect is playing the games. http://www.xtreme-football.net/UFL3 I had a terrible season for our last season of M12 but you can get the basic idea from our XFN site. Click on the tabs up top.

I signed up for the site and I'm trying to join the league. It said I joined but how do I select a team and stuff?

I signed up for the site and I'm trying to join the league. It said I joined but how do I select a team and stuff?

Joined the league I posted? It's done until the 2013 Madden releases. If you seriously want to join shoot me a pm on here and I'll try and get you linked up when things get closer to release. You'll have to put in an application and run a try-out game etc. We have a diehard Browns fan that WILL be taking the Browns just for a heads up.

You may be able to join a different league that is still running if you're looking to play right now.

These ratings are already out guys. They released some rookie cards on Madden 12 for Ultimate Team. It's assumed they will be very similar to what happens in Madden 13

I can post a link later.

Go look on pastapadre.com if you want to know.

http://ufl3.enjin.com/forum/m/3365644/viewthread/3019094-madden-13-rookies/post/last#last

Actual rookie ratings, not all of them obviously but the biggies. Most of them seem to be pretty in line what most of us expected.

The pastapadre link is at the bottom of the list my one league mate posted.

These ratings are already out guys. They released some rookie cards on Madden 12 for Ultimate Team. It's assumed they will be very similar to what happens in Madden 13

I can post a link later.

Go look on pastapadre.com if you want to know.

I didn't see this, I just posted the link :)

(#1) Andrew Luck: 85

(#2) Robert Griffin III: 83

(#3) Trent Richardson: 83

(#4) Matt Kalil: 83

(#5) Justin Blackmon: 80

(#6) Morris Claiborne: 81

(#7) Mark Barron: 80

(#8) Ryan Tannehill: 75

(#9) Luke Kuechly: 78

(#10) Stephon Gilmore: 73

(#11) Dontari Poe: 75

(#12) Fletcher Cox: 74

(#13) Michael Floyd: 75

(#14) Michael Brockers: 69

(#16) Quinton Coples: 76

(#17) Dre Kirkpatrick: 75

(#18) Melvin Ingram: 76

(#20) Kendall Wright: 74

*(#22) Brandon Weeden: 72

(#23) Riley Reiff: 78

(#24) David DeCastro: 84

(#25) Dont’a Hightower: 74

(#26) Whitney Mercilus: 73

(#31) Doug Martin: 75

(#32) David Wilson: 72

*(#34) Coby Fleener: 75

*(#35) Courtney Upshaw: 70

*(#38) Andre Branch: 70

*(#41) Cordy Glenn: 79

*(#42) Jonathan Martin: 73

*(#43) Stephen Hill: 68

*(#45) Alshon Jeffery: 65

*(#53) Devon Still: 72

*(#55) Peter Konz: 76

*(#61) LaMichael James: 72

*(#64) Dwayne Allen: Added soon

*(#97) Lamar Miller: Added soon

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is bullshit is that on Franchise mode, once a player reaches age 30 his skill start to diminish... Weeden is starting out as a 72... He's as good as he's gonna get! I guess I'm still going with Colt on Madden.

(#1) Andrew Luck: 85

(#2) Robert Griffin III: 83

(#3) Trent Richardson: 83

(#4) Matt Kalil: 83

(#5) Justin Blackmon: 80

(#6) Morris Claiborne: 81

(#7) Mark Barron: 80

(#8) Ryan Tannehill: 75

(#9) Luke Kuechly: 78

(#10) Stephon Gilmore: 73

(#11) Dontari Poe: 75

(#12) Fletcher Cox: 74

(#13) Michael Floyd: 75

(#14) Michael Brockers: 69

(#16) Quinton Coples: 76

(#17) Dre Kirkpatrick: 75

(#18) Melvin Ingram: 76

(#20) Kendall Wright: 74

*(#22) Brandon Weeden: 72

(#23) Riley Reiff: 78

(#24) David DeCastro: 84

(#25) Dont’a Hightower: 74

(#26) Whitney Mercilus: 73

(#31) Doug Martin: 75

(#32) David Wilson: 72

*(#34) Coby Fleener: 75

*(#35) Courtney Upshaw: 70

*(#38) Andre Branch: 70

*(#41) Cordy Glenn: 79

*(#42) Jonathan Martin: 73

*(#43) Stephen Hill: 68

*(#45) Alshon Jeffery: 65

*(#53) Devon Still: 72

*(#55) Peter Konz: 76

*(#61) LaMichael James: 72

*(#64) Dwayne Allen: Added soon

*(#97) Lamar Miller: Added soon

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is bullshit is that on Franchise mode, once a player reaches age 30 his skill start to diminish... Weeden is starting out as a 72... He's as good as he's gonna get! I guess I'm still going with Colt on Madden.

Wow...Weeden sucks...

Funny that the second highest rating goes to a late first rounder that goes to the Steelers... Bogus.

Funny that the second highest rating goes to a late first rounder that goes to the Steelers... Bogus.

You should try looking at that objectively rather than where he was drafted. He was drafted where he was drafted because he's a pure guard and there weren't any pure guard needs before pick 24. The best guard in the draft and arguably the best guard prospect since Faneca and Hutchinson is David DeCastro. He deserves that rating because the man is a technician. The most technically sound guard to enter the draft in a good long while. If he weren't drafted by the Steelers you wouldn't have a damn thing to say about it. The Steelers were lucky to draft him at 24 and tried to trade up to acquire him earlier. They couldn't find a suitor and he fell to them.

You should try looking at that objectively rather than where he was drafted. He was drafted where he was drafted because he's a pure guard and there weren't any pure guard needs before pick 24. The best guard in the draft and arguably the best guard prospect since Faneca and Hutchinson is David DeCastro. He deserves that rating because the man is a technician. The most technically sound guard to enter the draft in a good long while. If he weren't drafted by the Steelers you wouldn't have a damn thing to say about it. The Steelers were lucky to draft him at 24 and tried to trade up to acquire him earlier. They couldn't find a suitor and he fell to them.

I'm not knocking the guy and I think he's good, but there's no damn way he should have a higher rating than Kalil. I actually figured he'd get the highest rating in the game for rookies.

I'm not knocking the guy and I think he's good, but there's no damn way he should have a higher rating than Kalil. I actually figured he'd get the highest rating in the game for rookies.

Why? Because Kalil was a need pick inside the top 5? Does that make Kalil a better football player? Absolutely not. He just so happens to be LEFT TACKLE. The fact remains that DeCastro is the best guard to come out of college since Faneca/Hutchinson. Kalil on the other hand absolutely is not. There have been several top end tackles. Kalil may not even be the best tackle in this draft. He's just the most ready RIGHT NOW.

Why? Because Kalil was a need pick inside the top 5? Does that make Kalil a better football player? Absolutely not. He just so happens to be LEFT TACKLE. The fact remains that DeCastro is the best guard to come out of college since Faneca/Hutchinson. Kalil on the other hand absolutely is not. There have been several top end tackles. Kalil may not even be the best tackle in this draft. He's just the most ready RIGHT NOW.

I don't care where he was drafted, he's a better player at this point and you just said it. He's the most ready right now of all offensive line positions. I've heard plenty of people say Kalil is just the talent of Thomas and Long and would have gone 1 or 2 if it weren't for the QB's this year. It's not a Steelers hate thing at all, but right now he's the better talent. I'm just surprised they rated a guard higher than a tackle under those circumstances

I don't care where he was drafted, he's a better player at this point and you just said it. He's the most ready right now of all offensive line positions. I've heard plenty of people say Kalil is just the talent of Thomas and Long and would have gone 1 or 2 if it weren't for the QB's this year. It's not a Steelers hate thing at all, but right now he's the better talent. I'm just surprised they rated a guard higher than a tackle under those circumstances

Kalil is the most ready tackle, not the most ready lineman. If DeCastro were a tackle he would have gone higher than Kalil. They also rated DeCastro higher because of what I'm saying. He's the best guard to come out since Faneca/Hutchinson. Kalil is not.

Archived