THE BROWNS BOARD

Breaking: Scott Fujita Suspended 3 Games

I always wondered why Fujita left the Superbowl Champs. He apparently had a contract offer from the Saints, which I think was better than the one he got here.

Perhaps it was because he was disgusted by the bounty program.

I wonder if Fujita was the whistleblower?

More details:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/05/cleveland_browns_linebacker_sc_2.html

CLEVELAND -- Browns linebacker Scott Fujita has been suspended without pay for the first three games of the season for his involvment in the Saints' bounty scandal, the NFL announced today.

He's one of four players suspended.

Fujita can appeal the ruling within three days. All four players will appeal, according to ESPN.

Fujita can participate in organized team activities (offseason practices) and play in the preseason games.

The NFL's investigation established that Fujita, a linebacker, pledged a significant amount of money to the prohibited pay-for-performance/bounty pool during the 2009 NFL Playoffs when he played for the Saints. The pool to which he pledged paid large cash rewards for “cart-offs” and “knockouts,” plays during which an opposing player was injured.

Fujita had told to Sports Illustrated's Peter King that he directly paid teammates for big plays but not to hurt opponents and not as part of the bounty system.

Three of Fujita's former teammates were also suspended: Jonathan Vilma for a year, to begin immediately; Anthony Hargrove eight games and Will Smith four games. All four players will appeal, according to ESPN.

Browns linebacker Chris Gocong replaced Fujita at strongside 'backer last year when he missed the last five games with a hand injury and Kaluka Maiava replaced Gocong on the weak side.

More to come.

I always wondered why Fujita left the Superbowl Champs. He apparently had a contract offer from the Saints, which I think was better than the one he got here.

Perhaps it was because he was disgusted by the bounty program.

I wonder if Fujita was the whistleblower?

Actually I think the Saints were moving on.

Maiava>Fujita anyway

Another update:

"All 4 player suspensions will be appealed, per source who said, 'Get ready for a massive multiple legal battle over this on several fronts.'"

Per Adam Schefter.

I personally doubt there will be a massive legal battle. Perhap a small legal battle over only Vilma.

As far as I could tell, Fujita was on self imposed suspension for most of last year, as much as he contributed. The only thing that might be affected by this is Scotty's wallet. The team won't be any different at all.

It figures the Browns would employ a dirty, no-good, cheapshot artist like Fujita. It's just another example of a classless team and their hypocritical immoral fanbase.

Sincerely,

James Harrison

James Harrison is part of the Browns fanbase. Born and raised in NEOhio. Went to Kent State.

It was only after he left here and went to Pittsburgh that he became a fucking idiot.

(but...isn't that what happens to eveyone when they go to or come from Pittsburgh, Shrike? :D )

What James Harrison REALLY said:

551995_182502085205227_100003363096802_271584_1105601005_n.jpg

Honestly. Why would anyone care what players say about anything?

If I went the entire rest of my life enjoying sports but never having to hear another player interview it would be no great loss...quite the opposite.

It figures the Browns would employ a dirty, no-good, cheapshot artist like Fujita. It's just another example of a classless team and their hypocritical immoral fanbase.

Sincerely,

James Harrison

Classic... :D

Does anyone understand WTF Harrison is alluding to in his Tweet?

(Other than the fact that he's been "unjustly" persecuted.)

Harrison is going to be "Justly Punished" by Trent Richardson this season. Harrison, you better wear a mouth piece if you value your teeth, you bat-shit crazy undisciplined Mother-Fucker!

As for the suspensions... well deserved... especially Vilma for his ringleader role.

Fujita should take it, serve it ASAP and be glad it's all he got.

As for the suspensions... well deserved... especially Vilma for his ringleader role.

Fujita should take it, serve it ASAP and be glad it's all he got.

i have a much bigger problem with fujita in this whole thing. he's a leader in the union...

well i'm glad we drafted his replacement this year.

with who exactly?

Kaluka can hold down the spot for three weeks.

We drafted Jimmy Mike. Holdovers like Brian Smith and Quinton Spears. Spears is intriguing.

Fuji will prob appeal and get it down to two games and one of those guys will step up.

Zombo

Archived