THE BROWNS BOARD

Jobs Numbers

Net new jobs: +115,000

March jobs numbers revised up from 120,000 to 154,000

February revised up from 240,000 to 259.000

...Eh. It's treading water. And Europe is probably going to suck us back down.

Romney is saying we should be at 500,000 jobs a month. Hysterical. Yes, Mitt, we live in a world economy, and somehow we're going to be the only country whose economy is booming while everyone else is slowing, shrinking, or collapsing.

The man will say anything.

Steve, I believe this is the part where you get on him for "over-promising."

The good news is almost all sectors increased or remained the same in jobs:

"Retail trade employment rose by 29,000 over the month. General merchandise stores added 21,000 jobs

in April but has shown no definitive trend in recent months. Employment in building material and

garden supply stores continued to trend up; the industry has added 19,000 jobs since December.

Health care continued to add jobs (+19,000) in April. Within the industry, employment in ambulatory

health care services, which includes home health care and offices of physicians, rose by 15,000.

Within leisure and hospitality, employment in food services and drinking places continued to trend up

(+20,000) in April. Since February 2010, food services and drinking places has added 576,000 jobs.

Manufacturing employment continued to trend up (+16,000) in April, with job growth in fabricated

metal products (+6,000) and machinery (+5,000). Since its most recent employment low in January

2010, manufacturing has added 489,000 jobs, largely in durable goods manufacturing.

Transportation and warehousing lost 17,000 jobs in April, with employment declines in transit and

ground passenger transportation (-11,000) and in couriers and messengers (-7,000).

Employment in other major industries, including mining and logging, construction, wholesale trade,

information, financial activities, and government changed little in April."

The Bad news long term unemployment reamins unchanged:

"The number of long-term unemployed (those jobless for 27 weeks and over) was little changed at 5.1

million in April. These individuals made up 41.3 percent of the unemployed. Over the year, the number

of long-term unemployed has fallen by 759,000."

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

It makes it a lot tougher to sell your exports to countries that don't have any money. This is probably going to get worse before it gets better. If we can eek out positive job growth for the next 6-12 months I'll be thrilled.

Thought this was interesting: "Today the United States economy is producing even more goods and services than it did when the recession officially began in December 2007, but with about five million fewer workers."

Heck can take some white shoe polish and polish up a pile of cow crap.... but it's still crap. Not so "haha" now, Heck.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/people-not-labor-force-soar-522000-labor-force-participation-rate-lowest-1981

People Not In Labor Force Soar By 522,000, Labor Force Participation Rate Lowest Since 1981

LFP%20Rate_0.jpg

Heck translation:

"Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies"....

meanwhile, in reality land:

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/morning-market-roundup-real-story-behind-the-jobs-numbers-markets-scared-et-tu-romania/

“Employers in the U.S. added fewer workers than forecast in April and the jobless rate unexpectedly declined as people left the labor force, underscoring concern the world’s largest economy may be losing speed [emphasis added],” Bloomberg reports.

In other words, the decrease in unemployment can be attributed to the fact that people have left the labor force — a lot of people.

“In April the number of people not in the labor force rose by a whopping 522,000 from 87,897,000 to 88,419,000 [emphasis added],” Zero Hedge reports.

“Payrolls climbed 115,000, the smallest gain in six months, after a revised 154,000 rise in March that was more than initially estimated…The median estimate of 85 economists surveyed by Bloomberg News called for a 160,000 advance,” Bloomberg reports, adding that earnings stagnated.

Bottom line: the economy created only 115,000 jobs in April, 522,000 people left the labor force, the “official” unemployment rate is 8.1 percent, and total employment for the month actually fell 169,000, according to CNBC.

Cal, I'll read your stuff later, but remember, you are the person that, even in the short time I've been here, myself or someone else has had to explain polls and charts and data to you multiple times. So I think we should take whatever you say with a grain of salt when it comes to numbers, at least until we look into it ourselves.

I saw an entire segment about this on m s n b c.

Even that bunch was talking about 2 factors 1 being the fact that so many have just dropped out of the job market and two the problem of under employment.

Only Donny Deutsche (sp?) seemed very excited whether or not you take him seriously.

Then I watched episode 1 of the front line wall street series.

WSS

Net new jobs: +115,000

March jobs numbers revised up from 120,000 to 154,000

February revised up from 240,000 to 259.000

...Eh. It's treading water. And Europe is probably going to suck us back down.

Romney is saying we should be at 500,000 jobs a month. Hysterical. Yes, Mitt, we live in a world economy, and somehow we're going to be the only country whose economy is booming while everyone else is slowing, shrinking, or collapsing.

The man will say anything.

Steve, I believe this is the part where you get on him for "over-promising."

Romney did say (in Pissburgh) yesterday that 500,000 jobs per month WOULD be needed to grow the economy. (happened 5 times before in the last 50 years) What I like about that statement Romney gave is precisely why I HATE you libs. You guys just ACCEPT the results!!! the unemployment stats are "good enuf" Yes Mr. President, you can INFLUENCE job creation by doing more. Start with energy - Defy the EPA for one and open federal lands and off shore sites to drill, produce and YES SELL SELL SELL it to foreign consumers...

Cal, I'll read your stuff later, but remember, you are the person that, even in the short time I've been here, myself or someone else has had to explain polls and charts and data to you multiple times. So I think we should take whatever you say with a grain of salt when it comes to numbers, at least until we look into it ourselves. woodpecker

Actually, you never had to explain zilch to me. You just tried desperately to change the subject, after

I explained that your polls didn't prove anything, and that my poll contradicted your poll. Then you and other fool got upset, and

started to say I didn't understand polls etc.

Polls were just a small indicator is the plain truth. You and the other sissy libs use them when they are on your side, and you ridicule them

when they aren't on your side of things.

"you'll read it later" = "you're too much a little weasel to admit the information posted is significant in a huge way"

Remember the neurosurgeon that was totally a real neurosurgeon Cal?

Remember when I tried to explain to you what a derivative was and the rate if changes if that graphics you posted?

Yep, I totally love spending my time sifting through your crap and I'm not doing it right now cuz I'm a weasel. I really do enjoy crackpot theories and old people freaking out about change and the scary black guy on TV but just not today.

You didn't like one of the links, it happens.

But jaw-flappy all you want, our country is in very serious trouble,

and you don't understand much at all.

You didn't like one of the links, it happens.

But jaw-flappy all you want, our country is in very serious trouble,

and you don't understand much at all.

I would have had to of clicked on the links to know whether or not I agreed with what they were saying or if I found any of it factual.

Cal, just because you and some people you surround yourself believe in something, doesn't make it the only viewpoint or even correct. If you really think we are going into some civil war against the govt. and you need to buy a whole bunch of guns then go ahead, be a Retard. No one is stopping you. I just can't believe there are people that actually think that way. But then again I can't believe how people do and believe a lot of things...

hey...

neurosurgeon

lol

Archived