THE BROWNS BOARD

Which Rookies Have Signed Their Contracts?

brownfish

Have any of our rookies Undrafted or Draftees actually signed their official contracts yet?

Do we have any numbers?

Looks like Weeden will be making 10 x 12 the money Colt made.

Then again why even give them any money if they aren't going to be the best.

I saw that the Bears are super exicted with Alshon Jeffery and his unbelievable work ethic. They also said he was not playing around and told his agent to get him signed ASAP. I can see why we didn't opt for him since Little is very similar, still think that he will be a HOF special player one day...he is like that super intelligent"special" kid in school that just starts slacking because all the other kids are just mediocre...it wasnt his falt Garcia left...no reason for him to destroy his body...he knows that he is great...saw to many great games at S.C. with him....anyway we can't get all the greats anyway...next year we will hopefully get one of the kids from TN or Mr. Woods from California.

Little - our go to guy

Mitchell - over the top (still learning his routes)

Cribbs - slot boom boom

Benjamin - slot fast

I am really slightly excited on how we are going to finally get our recievers the ball this year...really excited (mostly) it's amazing if you just put them where they are supposed to go and you get them the ball a 1/10 second quicker...amazing things can happen.

None of our rookies have signed yet, but our rookie mini camp also isn't until next weekend. All of the drafted rookies have picked out their numbers though. TR #33, BW #3, Schwartz #72, Hughes #93, Benjamin #80, Johnson #50, Miller #63, Acho #59, Winn #79, Wade #26, and Smelley... #47.

well it is a safe bet that all our un drafted rookies have signed :))

No it's not. The team doesn't announce who we sign until they have officially passed their physicals and signed their contracts. If the team hasn't officially announced that they signed any UDFA then those UDFA have yet to actually sign with the team.

No it's not. The team doesn't announce who we sign until they have officially passed their physicals and signed their contracts. If the team hasn't officially announced that they signed any UDFA then those UDFA have yet to actually sign with the team.

So that would mean they are un signed free agents and not Browns undrafted rookies..

So that would mean they are un signed free agents and not Browns undrafted rookies..

At the moment they are undrafted free agents and not undrafted rookies. They are players that have committed to sign with the Browns but have yet to actually sign their contracts. Technically they could decide to switch and sign with another team if they want to since they haven't signed yet. Eric Page from Toledo did that when he committed to sign with Tampa and then changed his mind and went off to sign with Denver.

I'm sure before the season starts we will have another 10 kids that have been trying out on other teams at our facilities as well. I can almost guarantee that 1 or 2 players that are not on our roster, drafted or undrafted will make our team one way or another.

we still have to trim nearly 40 kids off our rosters. So, lets say 30 kids per team don't make final cut or practice squad...Nearly 1000 guys won't be on a team.

At the moment they are undrafted free agents and not undrafted rookies. They are players that have committed to sign with the Browns but have yet to actually sign their contracts. Technically they could decide to switch and sign with another team if they want to since they haven't signed yet. Eric Page from Toledo did that when he committed to sign with Tampa and then changed his mind and went off to sign with Denver.

True enough- as an UFA, if another team were to come along and give them a better offer, they're under no obligation to sign with the Browns.

None of our rookies have signed yet, but our rookie mini camp also isn't until next weekend. All of the drafted rookies have picked out their numbers though. TR #33, BW #3, Schwartz #72, Hughes #93, Benjamin #80, Johnson #50, Miller #63, Acho #59, Winn #79, Wade #26, and Smelley... #47.

What number did our former Pro Bowl LB from the 80s Mike Johnson wear? I don't think it was 50. I think Eddie Johnson wore that number.

Archived