THE BROWNS BOARD

Gas Prices

VaporTrail

When pollsters ask Republicans and Democrats whether the president can do anything about high gas prices, the answers reflect the usual partisan divisions in the country. About two-thirds of Republicans say the president can do something about high gas prices, and about two-thirds of Democrats say he can't.

But six years ago, with a Republican president in the White House, the numbers were reversed: Three-fourths of Democrats said President Bush could do something about high gas prices, while the majority of Republicans said gas prices were clearly outside the president's control.

Source: http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2012/05/09/152287372/partisan-psychology-why-are-people-partial-to-political-loyalties-over-facts

(I love NPR.)

Anyways, this is why a two-party system sucks. Discuss.

Vap, I've been saying this in here for 3 years. It's pathetic. Works both ways. Like f*cking high school kids in a clique.

So we'd be better off if, like greece we had dozens or hundreds of political parties?

Of course since the democrats railed against bush the oil baron I suppose it's sauce for the gander as well.

WSS

So we'd be better off if, like greece we had dozens or hundreds of political parties?

Of course since the democrats railed against bush the oil baron I suppose it's sauce for the gander as well.

WSS

Not what he is saying at all Steve. Making decisions, even life decision at the basic level, are based on party affiliation. I don't see you as one of the main culprits here, you know who you are.

WSS

Steve, that's exactly what I'm saying. Love how you love to use Greece as your go-to example. There are plenty of nations who have Parliamentary government, some are successful, others aren't. You could say the same thing about any other type of political system. Here's a list. Make of it what you will.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parliamentary_system#Countries_with_a_parliamentary_system_of_government

That is why you should all vote Ron Paul :P

Ol'Doc Superman is a great guy.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies" love it love it love it

"End the Fed"

Do you know who was the last guy that wanted to end the Fed? JFK. He was going to start dealing with it as soon as he got back from Dallas.

No lie.

Ol'Doc Superman is a great guy.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies" love it love it love it

"End the Fed"

Do you know who was the last guy that wanted to end the Fed? JFK. He was going to start dealing with it as soon as he got back from Dallas.

No lie.

And Ron Paul is way more honest about a lot of things and he is a lot more truthful too. But Since you guys like politicians who tell u what you want to hear and shift positions when it suits their electability, It is no wonder that you all hate him. Dont come bitching in the forum if you are a republican and Obama gets reelected.

And Ron Paul is way more honest about a lot of things and he is a lot more truthful too. But Since you guys like politicians who tell u what you want to hear and shift positions when it suits their electability, It is no wonder that you all hate him. Dont come bitching in the forum if you are a republican and Obama gets reelected.

What does Ol'Doc Superman have to say about gas prices?

... much of the "pain at the pump" Americans are now feeling is due to federal policies designed by environmental alarmists to punish traditional energy production – like oil, coal, and natural gas – in hopes of making energy sources they favor more "economical."

Ol'Doc gets it!

Remember the "Crucify them" guy that used to be at the EPA? Well, he's gone now but there are hundreds of Prez Peace Prize's guys still there just like him. "Crucify the oil companies!" mentality I mean.

As President, Ron Paul will lead the fight to:

* Remove restrictions on drilling, so companies can tap into the vast amount of oil we have here at home.

* Repeal the federal tax on gasoline. Eliminating the federal gas tax would result in an 18 cents savings per gallon for American consumers.

* Lift government roadblocks to the use of coal and nuclear power.

* Eliminate the ineffective EPA. Polluters should answer directly to property owners in court for the damages they create – not to Washington.

* Make tax credits available for the purchase and production of alternative fuel technologies.

gas prices wont come down- even though demand is lower and supplies are growing, (as little as 5 years ago meant lower prices at the pump) TODAY because of inflationary dollars because of the worthless efforts of the sitting empty suit president, gas prices wont flinch much. INACTION to the real problem of our debt and endless spending is causing this. -5 trillion

Can a president influence this? Yes if he truly believes in a sensible energy policy. Which is what obama should have been doing day one of his mystical reign. He can look at the enormous resources we have here, proven and being produced right now in ND Balkan fields, instead, going all in, in a failed green policy.

but just replying to this post is a waste of time.... Ron Paul wont be president.... the lesser of two evils is the best choice, to at least maybe stop the federal bleeding? dont know

gas prices wont come down- even though demand is lower and supplies are growing, (as little as 5 years ago meant lower prices at the pump) TODAY because of inflationary dollars because of the worthless efforts of the sitting empty suit president, gas prices wont flinch much. INACTION to the real problem of our debt and endless spending is causing this. -5 trillion

Can a president influence this? Yes if he truly believes in a sensible energy policy. Which is what obama should have been doing day one of his mystical reign. He can look at the enormous resources we have here, proven and being produced right now in ND Balkan fields, instead, going all in, in a failed green policy.

but just replying to this post is a waste of time.... Ron Paul wont be president.... the lesser of two evils is the best choice, to at least maybe stop the federal bleeding? dont know

I like your analysis. We need to develop our own resources.

I think nuclear is one way to go. It's clean and efficient. I like coal too, and we have a lot of it.

And yes, the prez is an empty suit but he sure has a gang of cut throats working for him.

I like your analysis. We need to develop our own resources.

I think nuclear is one way to go. It's clean and efficient. I like coal too, and we have a lot of it.

And yes, the prez is an empty suit but he sure has a gang of cut throats working for him.

we need to eliminate the EPA which is one of the many depts that Ron Paul would have removed. We certainly can fix some of our

shortfalls in jobs and growth if we utilized what we have right here in energy production. I got SO pissed and still am, that the keystone

pipeline project was ignored. I mean, jobs right? but better still are the innovation and ideas that the next geners will bring to the front...

but this guy just Stifles every attempt.... GEt OUUT! i say GIITT OOOOOWWWWTTT !!!!

Nuclear Power is the way to go

Sadly groups like Green Peace exist.... and people are stupid.

Bingo.

And replacing all the incandescent sodium vapor mercury vapor etcetra lights you have in all the streets stadiums businesses schools homes and so forth with LED will cut down on energy use probably by 80 percent.

And we probably won't do that because........?

WSS

Bingo.

And replacing all the incandescent sodium vapor mercury vapor etcetra lights you have in all the streets stadiums businesses schools homes and so forth with LED will cut down on energy use probably by 80 percent.

And we probably won't do that because........?

WSS

People are stupid

Light Bulb Freedom of Choice Act

Archived