THE BROWNS BOARD

Phil Taylor Torn Pec

professor_g

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good thing we could just plug in that spectacular john hughes! lol, we'll see.

There's also Billy Winn, Scott Paxson, etc. ... none of them come close to the size/athleticism combo of Taylor though. I thin we'll be doing a lot of rotating.

Next man up.

Zombo

Harry is 100% right.

Yes, Phil needs flexibility. Yes, he needs a full range of motion. Shocking. He should already be doing yoga.

The bottom line is that the motion of the complete flat bench [no plates, no close grip] is exactly one of few athletic motions Phil needs to be very strong in during his work. OL and DL are the only positions in any sport [you could argue that a defenseman in lacrosse needs this as well and that's it] where the requirement of the role is to explode with power with both hands at the same time.

No way exists to "simulate" or to "increase stabilizing muscles" - think about it, the way you stabilize when doing the full strength lift is.. to lift at full strength. If you're lifting at 75%, you're only stabilizing for that 75% weight. High weight flat bench is essential for OL and DL. The argument for decreasing weight is the same argument in support of a back brace during heavy squat -- also a stupid idea, because the entire point of the lift is to increase the legs and all stabilizing muscles as a system, not just one in isolation.

Really? i guess you guys really didn't quite complete your degree in Kinesiology

nearly 100% of these "accidents" can be prevented. If for some reason there is actually a structural abnormality that could cause this then it would have occured at a lot less weight.

2 very simple techniques is to use a bump pad on the par or on their chest to prevent the wieghts from going down to far(hitting the chest with a bar doesn't cause injury)or narrowing your grip...in fact a narrow grip will increase muscle strength and cause less stress on the tendons and fibers.

This is 100% the fault of inproper staff coaching and training. Only if the player went out of his way and told them i don't care i'm going to do it this way and not the right way should the trainer not be held accountable.

I have kids benching over 400 all the time and like i said in 20 years never had a tear...NEVER.

This is not Phil's fault the blame is completely on the training staff. Yoga and stetching do help a little...but muscle fiber injuries like this really only need some blood flowing to get up to optimal levels...15 minutes on a stationary bike is all you need...

also i have been noticing a lot of kids wanting to get ripped so they are lowering their carb loads...NO NO NO...its not about the look but the result...increase your CARB loads before during and after work out...low carb diets lead to a lot of muscle injuries.

Really? i guess you guys really didn't quite complete your degree in Kinesiology

nearly 100% of these "accidents" can be prevented. If for some reason there is actually a structural abnormality that could cause this then it would have occured at a lot less weight.

2 very simple techniques is to use a bump pad on the par or on their chest to prevent the wieghts from going down to far(hitting the chest with a bar doesn't cause injury)or narrowing your grip...in fact a narrow grip will increase muscle strength and cause less stress on the tendons and fibers.

This is 100% the fault of inproper staff coaching and training. Only if the player went out of his way and told them i don't care i'm going to do it this way and not the right way should the trainer not be held accountable.

I have kids benching over 400 all the time and like i said in 20 years never had a tear...NEVER.

This is not Phil's fault the blame is completely on the training staff. Yoga and stetching do help a little...but muscle fiber injuries like this really only need some blood flowing to get up to optimal levels...15 minutes on a stationary bike is all you need...

also i have been noticing a lot of kids wanting to get ripped so they are lowering their carb loads...NO NO NO...its not about the look but the result...increase your CARB loads before during and after work out...low carb diets lead to a lot of muscle injuries.

As mentioned, yes pump pads or planks will keep the weight from going too far down, but if you need one then you are doing to much weight anyway and that is on the player. The player should know how much weight he can do without letting the weight fall all the way to his chest. Plus as I already mentioned narrow grip works the tricep much more than the chest. The point of bench press from a football standpoint is to work the chest at the very least as equally as you work the tricep if not putting more focus on the chest than the tricep. For this you need a neutral to wide grip to work more of the chest.

Now huges and Winn seem pretty smart picks. If its torn he should be back by Oct-Nov.

He'll be done for the year with that injury. Aaron Smith went down for the year when he tore his.

Is Daquan Bowers one of ours? Don't recall that name.

Do you follow football at all Gip? Jesus. He plays for the Bucs and it wasn't his ACL it was his achilles.

Well, I was worried about this when a lot of us enjoyed the Suggs injury a bit too much........Karma's a bitch, and we don't need any help with injuries, as we seem to have that down real good.

Of course we spend all our draft picks on an OLD QB with great linement on the board then something like this happens.

Ray Rice will run all over us this year.

Will it ever end?!

We spent one draft pick on a QB, one of multiple draft picks we aquired in a trade. We also drafted 2 DT's for depth which is looking pretty smart right now. The sky isn't falling. Relax.

Well, I was worried about this when a lot of us enjoyed the Suggs injury a bit too much........Karma's a bitch, and we don't need any help with injuries, as we seem to have that down real good.

I'm pretty sure Phil Taylor tearing his pectoral muscle isn't karma for the fans not crying that terrel suggs is injured.

He should be back in time for playoffs

yup, him and the entire browns team can watch it at his house as they debate who the browns are gonna take with their top 10 draft pick.

yup, him and the entire browns team can watch it at his house as they debate who the browns are gonna take with their top 10 draft pick.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

exactly.

and the beat goes on.

yeah and i'm an idiot. i say fire everyone, put them out on the streets and light 'em on fire.

hitler wouldn't have settled for this incompetence.

Do you follow football at all Gip? Jesus. He plays for the Bucs and it wasn't his ACL it was his achilles.

You are questioning me about my knowledge of football facts? Really? Yea, I follow football, but I have not memorized the names of all 1500 average players in the league. The name was familiar but I just didn't recognize it as a Browns player.

I have sent this memo to you before: I am a Browns fan....and obviously by the things I put on here no asshole like you can question me in my knowledge of football statistics. Its just that I have so much of this information I can't remember every little thing.

I mean, Jesus Christ....you couldn't answer any of my trivia questions that I have putting on here for years? Do you follow football at all?

Recovery from Taylors surgery is expected to take 4-6 months meaning that the latest he could be back to playing is in mid November. This means that it is likely that he is placed on the PUP list for the first half of the season and only placed on IR if he doesn't get back to strength quick enough or his replacement plays well. He could be back by mid September to early October as well.

Recovery from Taylors surgery is expected to take 4-6 months meaning that the latest he could be back to playing is in mid November. This means that it is likely that he is placed on the PUP list for the first half of the season and only placed on IR if he doesn't get back to strength quick enough or his replacement plays well. He could be back by mid September to early October as well.

Does that mean he will count against the initial 53 man roster?

You are questioning me about my knowledge of football facts? Really? Yea, I follow football, but I have not memorized the names of all 1500 average players in the league. The name was familiar but I just didn't recognize it as a Browns player.

I have sent this memo to you before: I am a Browns fan....and obviously by the things I put on here no asshole like you can question me in my knowledge of football statistics. Its just that I have so much of this information I can't remember every little thing.

I mean, Jesus Christ....you couldn't answer any of my trivia questions that I have putting on here for years? Do you follow football at all?

Bowers isn't exactly a name that flies under the radar if you're a hardcore football fan. He was one of the highest touted d-line prospects in his draft and fell a little bit because of injury. Research him. As far as your trivia questions, I couldn't care less about any of it. I'm not going to waste my time answering a bunch of trivia questions. What the hell am I going to get out of it Johnny google? Respect on a BROWNS MESSAGE BOARD!? I'd have to be pretty damn naive.

via a quick google search

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/da%27quan-bowers?id=2495475

Bowers isn't exactly a name that flies under the radar if you're a hardcore football fan. He was one of the highest touted d-line prospects in his draft and fell a little bit because of injury. Research him. As far as your trivia questions, I couldn't care less about any of it. I'm not going to waste my time answering a bunch of trivia questions.

You waste your time in a hell of a lot worse ways than that. "Knowing all about fucking DaQuan Bowers" is nothing more than fucking trivia.

What the hell am I going to get out of it Johnny google? Respect on a BROWNS MESSAGE BOARD!? I'd have to be pretty damn naive.

Maybe you will have a little fun and test your knowledge. That is what it is all about. Sorry that you feel embarrassed about your lack of knowledge.

Archived