THE BROWNS BOARD

Bloggers Paid By Politicians May Have To 'fess Up -- But Not Yet

Mr. T

Bloggers paid by politicians may have to 'fess up -- but not yet

The head of the state ethics watchdog agency said Thursday she will seek to require better disclosure rules on political campaigns' payments to bloggers, but will wait until next year to consider a proposal to require reporting by the bloggers themselves.

Legal experts and bloggers had raised "free speech" concerns about the proposal made last month by Ann Ravel, chairwoman of the state Fair Political Practices Commission, to have bloggers disclose payments on their websites.

Ravel had said last month that she has heard of campaigns secretly funding bloggers to promote or attack candidates, and argued readers of such blogs have a right to know whether the opinions they are reading are tainted by payments.

"What was clear to me from all of the reaction in the blogosphere was that we were going to have to have a longer process and more public comment,'' Ravel said Thursday. "My thinking is it probably won't be something we present to the commission until next year.''

In the meantime, Ravel said she would like candidates and campaign committees that are already required to disclose expenses to file reports more clearly showing payments to bloggers, possibly in a new public document and on their campaign websites.

"I want it to be in place certainly in time for when the election heats up'' this year, Ravel said. In the run-up to the November election, Ravel said she will continue to ask bloggers to voluntarily disclose payments they receive from political campaigns.

Source

I would hardly call what you receive as pay. How convenient that the paid bloggers dont have to reveal their source of income from politicians as of yet?

When will this happen after the elections are over?

I think this is a good idea, specially for the ones who basically act like another commercial. Though it will likely make the blogger lose all the revenue that they get from politicians.

Just read some of the posts and you will find that some were pre written, all you have to do is visit other political forums and the thread topic or agenda for the day will have posters with the same talking points and they will continue to reiterate it.

I've heard clips of a bunch of llbs going on tv and radio... and they use the exact same phrases across the board, at the same period of time.

It's all manipulation - the libs will win any way they can. All they have to do is throw enough mud against the wall, and OJ goes free, and Obamao gets elected.

And most Americans who would never go for their warped, perverted emotionalism, end up kinda thinking reject it - except some believe the

diversionary pandering to conservatives' and independents' side issues and get side tracking and vote the way libs want.

Then the truth comes out, and those fooled Americans will not be fooled again.

That pretty much sums up this next pres election - without electoral fraud.

Like voting with no id. with the feeble, stupid ass excuse because it "uh... alienates voters with no id".

Give out free voter ID's. Anyone who wants to vote will get one.

But libs don't solve problems - they emotingly thrive on them.

That's why years of Carter, Lyndon Johnson, the eight years of Clinton as president (her husband too...), and four years of Obamao

does NOT solve poverty. It only promises, and manipulates those in poverty for votes.

Archived