THE BROWNS BOARD

Lerner got that Kokinis interview in after all.

Guest mz.

Browns interview Kokinis

Browns owner Randy Lerner interviewed Baltimore Ravens director of pro personnel George Kokinis Sunday and their meeting reportedly went well. But the possibility of hiring Kokinis as general manager to partner with coach Eric Mangini will have to wait.

The Ravens advanced to Sunday's AFC Championship game against the Pittsburgh Steelers, making Kokinis unavailable to join the Browns until Baltimore's playoff run ends. That could be after the Super Bowl Feb. 1 in Tampa.

via here.

You know what? For all the Pioli-loving I was doing, I like the idea of hiring someone who wants to make a name for himself rather than some guy who has already made it.

via here.

You know what? For all the Pioli-loving I was doing, I like the idea of hiring someone who wants to make a name for himself rather than some guy who has already made it.

Wow

A revelent thread, slow day on the boards leads to steeler crap. I'm hoping for blockbuster news and am sorting through garbage, ok i'm done.

And from the PD

As of last week, the Browns had broadened their GM search to include names such as former Broncos GM Ted Sundquist Colts and Colts Vice President of Football Operations Chris Polian.

New England director of player personnel Nick Caserio, a native of Lyndhurst, is also a name that's come up. Caserio was originally on the Browns radar screen in early December, but went on the backburner while the Browns were interviewing his boss, Patriots Vice President Scott Pioli.

Other experienced GMs such as Charlie Casserly, Tom Donahoe and Floyd Reese might also be considered, depending on what happens with Kokin

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...ith_browns.html

I have warmed to the idea of Kokinis as the GM. If he and Mangini get along half as well as we are all being led to believe, and McCreight is on the same page as well, then the Browns will finally have a cohesive front office. That should lead to good things on the field and good things for us fans. I look forward to seeing who we draft and what we get for DA and K2.

Archived