THE BROWNS BOARD

Big John Hughes Tweaked Hammy Again

brownfish

Not sure if this the same hammy he has been having issues with. it was like 3 months ago he aggravated it and was held out of certain combine drills. So I guess we are down to winn now.

Weeden reminds me a bit of a mashup between Delhome and Marino.

Not sure if this the same hammy he has been having issues with. it was like 3 months ago he aggravated it and was held out of certain combine drills. So I guess we are down to winn now.

Oh so he tweeks a hammy and he is done for the season? He will be fine by training camp.

Oh so he tweeks a hammy and he is done for the season? He will be fine by training camp.

A persistent hamstring problem doesn't just go away. Woodley battled one all season last year and never fully recovered. Arian Foster is on the cusp of not being able to play at all if he continues to injure his. A reoccurring hamstring issue is nothing to scoff at, period.

'big' john hughes? why can't he just be john hughes?

H&H must be wondering WTF is going on with their 'magic'. glad we picked up an injury prone player four rounds before his projected spot....and a player some say is one of the worse reaches in browns history.

it's not something to scoff but it's beyond Retarded to say he's out of the picture. The dude tweaked his hammy in early May. Let him work under professional trainers and see if it gets worked out. It's possible he may be injury prone but to assume he was a bad pick or always injured based on this is stupid

Let him work under professional trainers and see if it gets worked out.

yeah, the same professional training staff that were in charge and handling our top draft pick of last year.

great.

Early signs of the apologists giving Heckert a pass.

There's no possible way he could of reached or mis-judged a prospect.

After all, he is infallible.

yea he reached big time, there's no doubt about it. But you're blind and ignorant if you can't see the guy knows how to draft players and I trust his opinion way more than anyone on this site. I'm not an apologist at all, but look at the guys he's brought in over two years.I just tend to not judge players like everyone on this board before a guy has even practiced in pads.

Criticism based on assumptions Mike....you think those projections are the definitive draft slots. May as well not even choose...just slot the picks and hand them out.

Truth be told, you know nothing at this juncture other than what others say. Hughes was a reach because you read he is. Yet, no pads have been donned. Stop being pissy

With Taylor out we will have to hope that Rubin and Winn prove to be decent enough. Hughes did virtually nothing in college in the Big East (weak sauce). Not to mention his effort and character have been noted deficiencies - not just some slotted issues.

where did I say anything about any of his other picks?

I just think it's funny that these people are held above criticism.

Criticism based on assumptions Mike....you think those projections are the definitive draft slots. May as well not even choose...just slot the picks and hand them out.

Truth be told, you know nothing at this juncture other than what others say. Hughes was a reach because you read he is. Yet, no pads have been donned. Stop being pissy

Agree with Choco. We constantly see these draft "experts" have a player ranked much farther back and they get picked so much sooner, then we have to hear about how the team horribly reached for the player when no one has any idea what other teams had the guy ranked up. Forget that reports came out that the Saints were going to pull the trigger on Hughes two picks after us and they had to settle for Hicks. Why believe that report when Mel Kiper says WTF. No one knows shit until we see the players play and over the past few seasons Heckert has grabbed a few "reaches" that turned out to the good, ie Haden, Ward, Taylor, and Little come to mind.

See I think it is so funny now that Taylor is out people are assuming that Winn is going to be the one to take over his spot. Since most sites had Winn rated higher than Hughes they are thinking he is the one who is going to earn the spot but they don't take into account that Heckert obviously had Hughes rated 3 whole rounds higher than Winn.

Point of all this being Heckert isn't about criticism. I think his pick of Hardesty in his first draft proves that. But there is no reason to criticize until these guys actually get on the field to play.

See I think it is so funny now that Taylor is out people are assuming that Winn is going to be the one to take over his spot. Since most sites had Winn rated higher than Hughes they are thinking he is the one who is going to earn the spot but they don't take into account that Heckert obviously had Hughes rated 3 whole rounds higher than Winn.

Heckert doesn't decide on the depth chart or who will actually play... Shurmur and Jauron will do that. That said, neither Winn nor Hughes were going to be even mentioned as a starter until Taylor tore his pectoral.

I am all for wait and set but I am going to error on the side of doubt before thinking that any of our crappy no-name players will actually do something.

Heckert has grabbed a few "reaches" that turned out to the good, ie Haden, Ward, Taylor, and Little come to mind.

man you are dumb. you're comparing reaching 2 or 3 slots to 2 to 3 rounds. big difference.

man you are dumb. you're comparing reaching 2 or 3 slots to 2 to 3 rounds. big difference.

Haden was expected to go early to mid 20's and we took him at 7, Ward was a guy people had in the 4th round we took him in the 2nd, Taylor was a guy people were saying wouldn't go till the early 2nd we took him early 20's, and Little was a guy who was expected to go mid to late 3rd and we took him late 2nd. While Hughes is a bigger reach round wise we really reached on all of these guys if your going by the "experts" boards. Maybe your the idiot?

A persistent hamstring problem doesn't just go away. Woodley battled one all season last year and never fully recovered. Arian Foster is on the cusp of not being able to play at all if he continues to injure his. A reoccurring hamstring issue is nothing to scoff at, period.

I agree. I mean, didn't Browns lose Peyton Hillis last year for half the season because of a hamstring or groin pull?

'big' john hughes? why can't he just be john hughes?

Because he is The Sausage King.

H&H must be wondering WTF is going on with their 'magic'. glad we picked up an injury prone player four rounds before his projected spot....and a player some say is one of the worse reaches in browns history.

I will let things play themselves out. Maybe he is another Ahtyba Rubin.

Is there a link to a source??

I agree. I mean, didn't Browns lose Peyton Hillis last year for half the season because of a hamstring or groin pull?

It's a substantial injury that people routinely downplay. I'm guessing because they too have tweaked a hamstring or two, the difference is usually one person is playing a sport at a very high level and the other is just going through day to day activities. Arian Foster has a suspect hamstring for example and I referenced it earlier in the thread. Doctors have flat out told him that if he continues to tweak it, it could prevent him from playing. Hell the hamstring is one of the most substantial muscles in your body, if it's not working properly your explosion, agility/lateral movement goes out the window.

It's a substantial injury that people routinely downplay. I'm guessing because they too have tweaked a hamstring or two, the difference is usually one person is playing a sport at a very high level and the other is just going through day to day activities. Arian Foster has a suspect hamstring for example and I referenced it earlier in the thread. Doctors have flat out told him that if he continues to tweak it, it could prevent him from playing. Hell the hamstring is one of the most substantial muscles in your body, if it's not working properly your explosion, agility/lateral movement goes out the window.

There is a huge difference though between tweaking your hammy during the season and trying to play on it and doing it during the offseason and having ample time to heal. That is why I'm not worried. By the time preseason and the regular season start he should be 100%.

There is a huge difference though between tweaking your hammy during the season and trying to play on it and doing it during the offseason and having ample time to heal. That is why I'm not worried. By the time preseason and the regular season start he should be 100%.

My point is they take a while to heal. You act like the offseason is 5 months away. It's right around the corner.

My point is they take a while to heal. You act like the offseason is 5 months away. It's right around the corner.

If Training Camp starts in early August it may only be about 10 weeks away. Hopefully that is enough time to heal. Hillis had nothing like that kind of time before he was pressured to get back in there and start contributing.

Archived