THE BROWNS BOARD

Obama’S Jobless Rate Reality

Mr. T

Obama’s Jobless Rate Reality

For the third straight spring, the American economy is experiencing a “failure to launch.” Our nation’s unemployment rate continues to inch lower — from 8.2 percent in March to 8.1 percent last month – but it’s dropping for all the wrong reasons (i.e. people leaving the labor force). And despite the Federal Reserve’s optimistic projections of sustained job growth over the coming months, the fundamentals of the U.S. labor market remain weak.

Record numbers of workers are exiting the job market — 340,000 of them last month alone — and the ranks of the long-term unemployed continue to hover at elevated levels.

Since Barack Obama took office, America’s civilian non-institutionalized population has expanded by more than 8 million people — however there are 319,000 fewer Americans working today than in January 2009. As a result of this failure to create jobs, America’s labor participation rate is at a 30-year low of 63.6 percent — and still falling.

This largely unreported statistic translates into less productivity and a bigger burden for taxpayers, but it also means America has a much higher unemployment rate than the one Obama’s administration has been touting. In fact had America’s labor participation rate remained constant over the duration of Obama’s term, the current unemployment rate would be 11.1 percent.

More HERE

But everything is beautiful, when heck and woody can have their gay marriage.

Nothin else matters.

Well, that and free money. And med care. and free car.

but besides that........:rolleyes:

That's a fine song.

crap. I haven't gotten my guitar out for a good while.

And I want to get a banjo and learn that, too.

crap.:angry:

And I can't find my harmonica.

crap. @@

Archived