THE BROWNS BOARD

Brad Childress

When I heard that Brad Childress would be the Offensive Coordinator for the Browns, I have to say that I was elated. This guy was the QB coach for McNabb, a damn good QB back in the day, and was an Offensive Coordinator for the Eagles during their streak of NFC Championship games during the 00's. He led Viking playoff teams despite having shit shows like Frerotte, Brad Johnson, and Favre at QB, and he coached over the early years of Adrian Peterson.

Interesting...

We, the Browns, drafted Weeden and Richardson. Many mention Richardson as being the most prolific RB prospect since Peterson (who, as aforementioned, was coached by Childress), and the choosing of Weeden has been as controversial as the choice of McNabb back in '99, yet Childress coached him into a pretty damn good QB. Parallels abound.

This is why I see Childress as a fantastic fit for our needs. We need someone to add an edge to the Shurmur's play calls and someone that has proven experience in transforming offensive prospects into highly productive NFL starters. Having Childress on our team is certainly worth noting more than it is now.

Mcnabb did go to 5 Pro Bowls with Childs as his coach. On the other hand, he got bitch slapped and shit-canned in Minny after some questionable personnel decisions.

Hopefully, he can dial in an effective offense for BW. I'd be interested in knowing how many other offers he considered, if any, before joining the Browns.

Archived