THE BROWNS BOARD

Anthony Gonzalez Released By Patriots

Halfbreed216

I'd like to see Cleveland show some interest in this guy. Maybe not as a huge threat, but a mentor and a slot reciever is needed with our group. Plus it's always nice to see a Cleveland born, Ohio State alumni playing for the Brownies. What everyones thoughts?

He has been released by more than 1 team for a reason... he sucks.

Actually becuse of his injury problems.

He's barely seen the field in the last three seasons because of recurrinng knee problems, which is a major red flag.

But he's a Cleveland native from Ohio State, which would be a great PR move and, when healthy, has nearly the exact amount of production as Massaquoi and will probably have a slightly friendlier contract.

It wouldn't be the worst thing we've done.

No way. This dude cant stay healthy. I don't care if he was born in Cleveland Browns stadium and was the love child of Bernie kosars daugter, and Michael Dean Perry. He is still a bum.

How did it go last time we got an OSU WR for a PR move? (I'm counting drafting Robiske as a PR move)

There was a reason he was cut.

If you want to go through all the trouble to pick him up you could make the same, if not a better argument for Edwards.

I'd like to see Cleveland show some interest in this guy. Maybe not as a huge threat, but a mentor and a slot reciever is needed with our group. Plus it's always nice to see a Cleveland born, Ohio State alumni playing for the Brownies. What everyone's thoughts?

1) He's done nothing the last 3 years Pro Football Reference

2) When the Patriots cut someone- they've made about zero mistakes. Cleveland and OSU ties aside, the kid is toast.

an oft injured vet that otherwise would not be considered worth looking at is somehow a good idea because of where he went to school? really? that over a younger guy with potential? or that can at least play more than 3 games a season?

why is this even a thread? with all the guy we constantly have go down, how can anyone think its a good idea to pay money to a guy that historically never sees the field?

terrible roster management....cutting young prospect with potential in favor of injury prone players is a borderline federal offense.

I remember him being solid before he got hurt

It wasn't as much of him being solid as it was him being on the right end of Peyton Manning passes. If he stayed healthy on the PAts he might look good also w Brady throwing him open.

How did it go last time we got an OSU WR for a PR move? (I'm counting drafting Robiske as a PR move)

There was a reason he was cut.

If you want to go through all the trouble to pick him up you could make the same, if not a better argument for Edwards.

Edwards across from Little? now that's actually something i'd consider getting behind.

double team either and the other probably has between 70-80 catches and 1,100 - 1,400 yards.

pretty amazing short-yardage and possession guy too ( i believe he and DA got more 1st downs than any QB/WR tandem since the Browns' return) not afraid to go over the middle, strong and pushes cornerbacks on their asses, blocks really well, awesome size and ups (name a better high jumper or more successful track and field guy currently in the league. ? might be one but he's for sure up there in the top) has great top-end speed to take it all the way if he breaks one and is CAPABLE of making ALL the tough catches.

...that is, as long as Braylon is motivated and sees the ball all the way in instead of looking upfield before it's secured.

easy for a Coloradan to say tho, "Dropsie" made himself out to be a pretty big villain on his way out of town headed for NY.

anyway, back to OP. Gonzalez, Winslow, Shockey...put a fork in 'em all. this is EVAN MOORE and Gronk's decade (Pats-not Dan, sorry)...mark it down.

( i believe he and DA got more 1st downs than any QB/WR tandem since the Browns' return)

meant "converted more 3rd downs", not "got more 1sts". KJ and Tim probably hold the 1st down stat, but guessing on both if i'm being honest.

Good gosh...the guy sucks.

:lol: :lol: :lol: now that is something thurston howell the 3rd would've said. hilarious!

anyway, back to OP. Gonzalez, Winslow, Shockey...put a fork in 'em all. this is EVAN MOORE and Gronk's decade (Pats-not Dan, sorry)...mark it down.

didn't we draft a hybrid TE/WR in jordan cameron???

when is this guy gonna produce??

Edwards across from Little? now that's actually something i'd consider getting behind.

double team either and the other probably has between 70-80 catches and 1,100 - 1,400 yards.

pretty amazing short-yardage and possession guy too ( i believe he and DA got more 1st downs than any QB/WR tandem since the Browns return) not afraid to go over the middle, strong and pushes cornerbacks on their asses, blocks really well, awesome size and ups (name a better high jumper or more successful track and field guy currently in the league. ? might be one but he's for sure up there in the top) has great top-end speed to take it all the way if he breaks one and is CAPABLE of making ALL the tough catches.

...that is, as long as Braylon is motivated and sees the ball all the way in instead of looking upfield before it's secured.

easy for a Coloradan to say tho, "Dropsie" made himself out to be a pretty big villain on his way out of town headed for NY.

Sisky, your face is bloated and red. Calm down bro.

didn't we draft a hybrid TE/WR in jordan cameron???

when is this guy gonna produce??

seriously!! he doesn't need to set the world afire, just gimme 5+ years of Steve Heiden-esque production and i'll buy his fuk'n FatHead!!

.....obviously my standards are at a near all time low. (no disrespect, love ya Steve...w/ ur jingle jangle ankle)

a Todd Heap! a Heath Miller! >> aka tough mofos w/ great hands and avg speed that can block!

why is that so hard to find?!?!?!? pathetic!!!!!

Sisky, your face is bloated and red. Calm down bro.

lol!! how long u been waitin to use that line on me?!? ha!!

can't blame a guy for tryin to get a little more life out of just one in a long line of wasted jersey purchases!!

can't see my holmgren avatar on smart phones >> might just hafta swap it with the "Traitor" bernanke pic on my profile. another year of suck and i might just feel the same way about both. OOOUUUUCCCCHHHH!!!!!!!!!

a Todd Heap! a Heath Miller! >> aka tough mofos w/ great hands and avg speed that can block!

why is that so hard to find?!?!?!? pathetic!!!!!

oh...i dont know. maybe because we only give developmental guys a year before we call them busts?

when was he taken again? first round? oh yeah, those guys better produce quickly! complete TE's simply grow on trees, and we should expect to have one perform perfectly from day 1.

maybe its fans fault.....we constantly build these guys up to the point where they cant possibly exceed those expectations.

pretty amazing short-yardage and possession guy too ( i believe he and DA got more 1st downs than any QB/WR tandem since the Browns' return) not afraid to go over the middle, strong and pushes cornerbacks on their asses, blocks really well, awesome size and ups (name a better high jumper or more successful track and field guy currently in the league. ? might be one but he's for sure up there in the top) has great top-end speed to take it all the way if he breaks one and is CAPABLE of making ALL the tough catches.

meant "converted more 3rd downs", not "got more 1sts". KJ and Tim probably hold the 1st down stat, but guessing on both if i'm being honest.

Yay. So I'm not completely biased.

oh...i dont know. maybe because we only give developmental guys a year before we call them busts?

when was he taken again? first round? oh yeah, those guys better produce quickly! complete TE's simply grow on trees, and we should expect to have one perform perfectly from day 1.

maybe its fans fault.....we constantly build these guys up to the point where they cant possibly exceed those expectations.

obviously the guy has talent and i believe we were pretty deep at that position the year he was drafted. hopefully he'll see the field more this year.....i'm hoping.

What the fuck is it with this "mentor" bullshit. Young players may give credit to veterans as "mentors", but it is ALL bullshit political correctness. If a mother fucker has game, he has game. That's all there is to it.

A veteran can help a guy with a few nuances, but by the time a guy reaches the NFL he has been playing football, watching football, sleeping and eating football, dreaming football, and even fucking because of football for 10 -12 years of his life. BY that time he has studied under a lot of smart coaches, played enough games and trained his body to be ready to go.

Mento Colt McCOy for the next 20 years and guess what you will wind up with? That's right, a SHIT QB who never rose above the level of SHIT.

Mentor my ass. I'm just curious, what great player mentored Gonzolez? Seems to me he was badass from the first play. Same thing with Marino, Fouts, Staubach, JB, Sipe, Kosar,Sanders, Warfield, Rice, Montana, Thiesman, Peyton Manning....... and on and on the list goes.

Yeah, I know, I just went back to Ghoolie the nasty, but this fucked up, pussy ass, idiotic, football stupidity of "MENTORING" is the mark of a dumb ass. Halfbreed? Mentor your vagina.

WTF is dumber than signing a player to MENTOR? That's what coaches do, ass-clown. Sign a guy to make touchdowns, stop opposing touchdowns. That's the end of it.

Mostly I agree. The only position where a mentor is of value is at QB....that makes some sense. For a slot receiver?? LMAO. You had best look for somebody who can beat out the players you currently have.

QB is a place where SOME guys can benefit. I think Brady was helped by Bledsoe, but good grief, this mentor shit is so over rated.

Agreed...

Archived