THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Final Roster

Magico234

Oh and how is that any different than what they are writing about any other WR on the team right now. In both articles I read about drops by MoMass and Little.

ugh...you said you hadn't heard anything about mitchell dropping balls.

clearly, the print is there...thus im left to conclude youre not reading anything pertaining to the subject. henceforth, why even comment when your clearly misinformed?

With the whole o-line thing, I though it was implied that the rest would be non factor spot holders, EXCEPT for the UDFAs which, yeah I should have listed.

I don't think that any player on an NFL roster should be clarified as a "non factor". Given the high rate of injuries, some of those "non factors" could end up being a starter in many games for you.

ugh...you said you hadn't heard anything about mitchell dropping balls.

clearly, the print is there...thus im left to conclude youre not reading anything pertaining to the subject. henceforth, why even comment when your clearly misinformed?

And you posted two articles that mentioned Mitchel dropped two balls... and then they went on to mention that every other WR on the team not named Norwood or Cooper went on to drop balls. So why bitch about one player that according to your articles is doing just as good as the two proposed starters?

• 2 weeks later...

QB

B. Weeden

S. Wallace

T. Lewis

McCoy may be traded and I really like the idea of using him as a peice to bring in J. Jones of the Packers.

RB

T. Richardson

B. Jackson

C. Ogbannaya

Hardesty should be cut. He is fragile and tries to use the spin move way to much. If we want to go with 4 RBs I would rather have the youngster from Toledo.

FB

B. Smelley

O. Marecic

I think Smelley takes the job from Marecic, but Marecics experience at LBer makes him an ideal STer

WR

G. Little

M. Massaquoi

J. Norwood

T. Benjamin

J. Cribbs

J. Cooper

I could see us bringing in someones cast off or make a small trade to bring in another WR. I think Norwood could take over if Massaquoi slips up. Norwood is my favorite WR on this team.

TE

B. Watson

E. Moore

A. Smith

J. Cameron

Cameron is a huge wild card. He has the physical tools but is he a football player. Smith shouldnt make the team, but his blocking keeps him around.

OT

J. Thomas

M. Shcwartz

O. Cousin

It may look like we are short on depth, but we have 3 Gs that have experince at OT

OG

J. Pinkston

R. Miller

S. Luavao

J. Greco

I like the idea of the mauler Miller taking over for Luavao, plus Luavao gives a backup C also.

C

A. Mack

We have no true back up C worth making the cut.

DE

J. Sheard

F. Rucker

J. Parker

E. Stephens

M. Benard

Benard makes the cut because of his experience at OLB. I would like to see us bring in A. Carter but that wont happen

DT

A. Rubin

P. Taylor

B. Winn

J. Hughes

B. Schaffering

DL must have depth and the injury to Taylor really hurts. I didnt like Hughes and dont think hell pan out, but I have my fingers crossed for Winn

OLB

C. Gocong

J. Michael-Johnson

E. Acho

S. Fujita

With Gresham , Dickson, and Miller in out division, I dont see an OLB that can match up in coverage. Luckily I think they have a chance to be solid against the run

MLB

D. Jackson

K. Miava

Ive been on record saying that Jacksons stats have him overratted, but hopefully he shows more aggression and the ability to shed blocks to prove me wrong.

CB

J. Haden

S. Brown

D. Patterson

B. Skrine

T. Wade

I think we have a solid foundation and have a ton of potential in this group. At the same time your secondary is determined by you pass rush and we may struggle with that.

FS

E. Hagg

U. Young

Young has shown that he is an average backup, but isnt a full time starter. There is alot of pressure on Hagg to be our center fielder

SS

T. Ward

R. Ventrone

With Wards injury concern this position is a bit scary. Ventrone is a STer only so we need to have a healthy Ward.

All in all we have a bunch of question marks, but we have potential in a few positions. We could be 4 win team, but I see us as more of a .500 team. This is going to be a very interesting season, because we may have just laid a pretty good foundation.

QB

B. Weeden

S. Wallace

T. Lewis

McCoy may be traded and I really like the idea of using him as a peice to bring in J. Jones of the Packers.

RB

T. Richardson

B. Jackson

C. Ogbannaya

Hardesty should be cut. He is fragile and tries to use the spin move way to much. If we want to go with 4 RBs I would rather have the youngster from Toledo.

FB

B. Smelley

O. Marecic

I think Smelley takes the job from Marecic, but Marecics experience at LBer makes him an ideal STer

WR

G. Little

M. Massaquoi

J. Norwood

T. Benjamin

J. Cribbs

J. Cooper

I could see us bringing in someones cast off or make a small trade to bring in another WR. I think Norwood could take over if Massaquoi slips up. Norwood is my favorite WR on this team.

TE

B. Watson

E. Moore

A. Smith

J. Cameron

Cameron is a huge wild card. He has the physical tools but is he a football player. Smith shouldnt make the team, but his blocking keeps him around.

OT

J. Thomas

M. Shcwartz

O. Cousin

It may look like we are short on depth, but we have 3 Gs that have experince at OT

OG

J. Pinkston

R. Miller

S. Luavao

J. Greco

I like the idea of the mauler Miller taking over for Luavao, plus Luavao gives a backup C also.

C

A. Mack

We have no true back up C worth making the cut.

DE

J. Sheard

F. Rucker

J. Parker

E. Stephens

M. Benard

Benard makes the cut because of his experience at OLB. I would like to see us bring in A. Carter but that wont happen

DT

A. Rubin

P. Taylor

B. Winn

J. Hughes

B. Schaffering

DL must have depth and the injury to Taylor really hurts. I didnt like Hughes and dont think hell pan out, but I have my fingers crossed for Winn

OLB

C. Gocong

J. Michael-Johnson

E. Acho

S. Fujita

With Gresham , Dickson, and Miller in out division, I dont see an OLB that can match up in coverage. Luckily I think they have a chance to be solid against the run

MLB

D. Jackson

K. Miava

Ive been on record saying that Jacksons stats have him overratted, but hopefully he shows more aggression and the ability to shed blocks to prove me wrong.

CB

J. Haden

S. Brown

D. Patterson

B. Skrine

T. Wade

I think we have a solid foundation and have a ton of potential in this group. At the same time your secondary is determined by you pass rush and we may struggle with that.

FS

E. Hagg

U. Young

Young has shown that he is an average backup, but isnt a full time starter. There is alot of pressure on Hagg to be our center fielder

SS

T. Ward

R. Ventrone

With Wards injury concern this position is a bit scary. Ventrone is a STer only so we need to have a healthy Ward.

All in all we have a bunch of question marks, but we have potential in a few positions. We could be 4 win team, but I see us as more of a .500 team. This is going to be a very interesting season, because we may have just laid a pretty good foundation.

You have selected 51 players without including the P, K, and LS. Someone on your list will have to be cut or placed on the practice squad to make the 53 man roster. But, if Phil Taylor is placed on IR you could leave it alone as is otherwise.

You have selected 51 players without including the P, K, and LS. Someone on your list will have to be cut or placed on the practice squad to make the 53 man roster. But, if Phil Taylor is placed on IR you could leave it alone as is otherwise.

How is the injury to Taylor progressing? I haven't read anything on it since I heard about it.

he's back to cardio, but no lifting yet. haven't heard any bad news, so i'll assume he's progressing on schedule. although, i doubt theyd let us know if something happened considering past transgressions.

QB

C. McCoy

B. Weeden

I think Colts days as a starter may be numbered, but for now he gets his last chance to prove he's the guy.

RB

T. Richardson

M. Hardesty

B. Jackson

Richardson will be Hillis 3.7.2. He'll change the way the game is played in Cleveland. Hardesty still has potential and should get a few rest reps here and there. Hope he stays healthy and can help out. Jackson will be another guy who comes in and totes the rock from time to time... But Ideally, Richardson will never come out of the game.

FB

B. Smelley

O. Marecic

With Owen getting older and hopefully bigger he'll continue to improve, he can only get better... But I'm interested in seeing the chemistry between Richardson and Smelley. Smelley is all over Richardson's highlights blowing people up and opening holes for T-2000. Plus, he's got great hands.

WR

G. Little

J. Cribbs

M. Massaquoi

T. Benjamin

J. Cooper

C. Mitchell

J. Norwood

Little is legit. Cribbs is going to really show us his progression this year as a legit WR in the NFL. Momass will be solid. Benjamin is going to be a burner in the slot. Cooper, Mitchell and Norwood will round out a very young and talented WR Corps.

TE

B. Watson

J. Cameron

E. Moore

Jordan will emerge as a K2 clone without the baggage. He's fast and athletic. I think he emerges as the teams goto tightend by midseason. When Watson has had enough Moore and Cameron will fill the TE spots with Smelley and let the good times roll.

OT

J. Thomas

M. Shcwartz

J. Pinkston

R. Miller

A. Mack

S. Luavao

J. Greco

O. Cousin

The Offensive line should no longer be offensive. No more revolving door at RT. No more 2 second QB pressures. Plus, an established running game should slow them down as well.

DE

J. Sheard

M. Benard

F. Rucker

J. Parker

E. Stephens

Benard takes it to a whole new level after last years lessons. He wins the starting RE spot opposite Sheard.

DT

A. Rubin

J. Hughes

P. Taylor

B. Winn

B. Schaffering

Heckert appears to be a prophet by picking up a question mark "Big" John Hughes, weeks before Phil Taylor tears a peck... Great pick and a big body to pressure the pocket. We shouldn't miss a beat and when Taylor comes back he'll show why Hughes was just keeping his spot warm.

OLB

C. Gocong

J. Michael-Johnson

E. Acho

S. Fujita

This looks about right to me.

MLB

D. Jackson

K. Miava

Both are valuable players and worth their spots.

CB

J. Haden

T. Wade

B. Skrine

D. Patterson

(S. Brown)

I think the youngsters develop into a fast ball-hawking unit. As much as the Coaches say that Brown is a CB, I think that they'll realize that his movement to saftey will be self evident.

FS

(S. Brown)

E. Hagg

U. Young

I think is Sheldon embraces the move that the whole D will benefit. If not I hope Hagg can get up to speed in a hurry.

SS

T. Ward

R. Ventrone

Set at Safety.

Playoffs.

Archived