THE BROWNS BOARD

Wrs Not As Promising As We Are Led To Think

I'm not concerned, who is this guy anyways? If you go into something with preconceived notions about what you're going to see ie... with the Browns, they lead the league in drops so He expects to see drops or a lack thereof. Now once he sees the drops they are instantly magnified and made a story of... 6 dropped passes in 90 minutes!!! Sign me up for that- big deal, this guy is going to eat jock strap when they light it up.

*On the plus side, he didn't say Cribbs dropped anything. Nice jobs Cribbs!

Hensley never writes anything positive about the Browns. Not that theres much positive to write. Plus he's a Baltimore guy.

We all know our WRs have issues w the dropsies. They just need to get better. Dropped pass issues are usually mental issues that can be corrected by instilling confidence in those guys which hopefully Weeden will help with.

well if weeden shows us that he is the guy and the receivers are still dropping passes or afraid to go across the middle.........guess what everyone will be screaming about in december? yeah, the same thing they were screaming about last december.

hopefully our top 2 draft picks can stay healthy enough until the browns actually do get some legit wr help. not saying i don't like little and momass. the others.........????????

1) Who was the last team to get the Lombardi Trophy in Mini Camp? Gipper can you research that one for us?

No need to consult the Gipper here, as there are only 2 teams that annually win the Lombardi trophy in pre-season, and it typically alternates between the Cowboys and Redskins. The Redskins are hands down the winner in 2012 with the acquistion of RG3.

4) If our WRs were this bad, we would have not drafted weeden at 11, we would have turned his pick into a WR or two. Seems illogical that H&H are that stupid.

Stupidity has nothing to do with logic.

A lot of the dropped passin in 2011 were short. poorly thrown balls or passes where teh WRs were lackidaisical, in my opinion becoaus of a shit QB they didn't believe in.

Excuses, excuses. If you are a professional athlete with a passion to win, you go out and give it your all each and every play. You don't drop passes you should catch and blame it on "a sorry excuse" for a QB, unless you are "a sorry excuse" for a WR.

Relax, we're going 10 -6 with wins over the Ravens, Steelers and Bengals.

Yeah, I hear that every year on this board. When it doesn't happen, you'll be raising your torches and pitchforks screaming for the head of Weeden.

PS: Ochostinko was just released by the Pats and I'm absolutely shocked no-one has mentioning picking him up on this forum. Even though he's kinda washed up, I'd bet he's better than any reciever currently on your roster.

1) Who was the last team to get the Lombardi Trophy in Mini Camp? Gipper can you research that one for us?

It was the 1924 Canton Bulldogs.

2) Given the perverted, corrupt, self-serving media we have, do you really believe any of these dropped passes happened? How many did they catch versus how many dropped.

3) Catching a football in practice is easy. Perhaps knowing that the media was there, HH&S decided to put on a meaningless show of dropped passes? It wouldn't b the first time a good exec got teh wrong propaganda spread about his players or fighter.

4) If our WRs were this bad, we would have not drafted weeden at 11, we would have turned his pick into a WR or two. Seems illogical that H&H are that stupid.

A lot of the dropped passin in 2011 were short. poorly thrown balls or passes where teh WRs were lackidaisical, in my opinion becoaus of a shit QB they didn't believe in.

I don't believe that. I don't think any QB causes drops. The WRs simply need to step up.

Colt McCOy is cancer for the Browns, He needs to go.

I think you will find our recievers to be just fine. If not, how the hell can you fill every hole in one draft.

Relax, we're going 10 -6 with wins over the Ravens, Steelers and Bengals.

Well this is better news than . . . .

I was reading somewhere that Cleveland picked a failed baseball player to rescue the team!

That can't be true!

Hey! forget what you read in the off season.

These guys are just writing fluff and filler.

What is this ESPN that you always talk about?

I think that's an interesting point about them not saying who the passer was on the dropped passes.

About Carucci, he has a radio show on ESPN Cleveland but is not employed by them nor is his show broadcasted from their studio.

He's employed by the Browns and his show is broadcast from Browns headquarters.

He never has anything negative to say about the Browns.

We still have one of the worst receiving groups in the NFL until proven otherwise.

And if our QB busts they are the perfect scapegoat, so why improve them?

And to think there are people out there who actually think MoMass is suddenly going to miraculously transform into a competent NFL receiver need to come back from fantasy land.

We still have one of the worst receiving groups in the NFL until proven otherwise.

And to think there are people out there who actually think MoMass is suddenly going to miraculously transform into a competent NFL receiver need to come back from fantasy land.

that's the sad truth. Hopefully the team can prove everyone wrong this year.

This is what worries me. We essentially have the same receivers as we had last year, and unless they have suddenly developed the ability to achieve even the appearahce of separation, much less getting open, I don't see why everyone is so excited. Shurmer and company are saying the same shit this year as they did last year about our receiving corp being "serviceable", etc., and we all remember how THAT turned out, don't we?

Limp, wobbly passes notwithstanding, I have a horribly clear memory of balls hitting receivers in the hands/chest and being dropped with mind-numbing regularity. These weren't passes that required Lynn Swannesque acrobatics--just a simple ability to CATCH THE FREAKIN' BALL!!!

Hey, I hope I'm wrong. I'll gladly accept everyone's derision and contempt if our receivers suddenly do a 180 this season. Until then, I'm not buying.

This is what worries me. We essentially have the same receivers as we had last year, and unless they have suddenly developed the ability to achieve even the appearahce of separation, much less getting open, I don't see why everyone is so excited. Shurmer and company are saying the same shit this year as they did last year about our receiving corp being "serviceable", etc., and we all remember how THAT turned out, don't we?

Limp, wobbly passes notwithstanding, I have a horribly clear memory of balls hitting receivers in the hands/chest and being dropped with mind-numbing regularity. These weren't passes that required Lynn Swannesque acrobatics--just a simple ability to CATCH THE FREAKIN' BALL!!!

Hey, I hope I'm wrong. I'll gladly accept everyone's derision and contempt if our receivers suddenly do a 180 this season. Until then, I'm not buying.

Two things: 1. I believe that Greg Little....who may have been the ring leader of dropped passes for the Browns, will greatly improve on that area. Just a feeling.

2. It WILL help to have Travis Benjamin and his speed on the outside to open things up a bit. I have said that I think that Shurmur needs to plan at least 2 40 yard throws to this guy per game just to keep the defenses on their toes, even if those throws have a low percentage of success. You still need to stretch things out. Weeden is supposed to have the arm to do that and "Its All About The" Benjamin is supposed to have the speed.

Two things: 1. I believe that Greg Little....who may have been the ring leader of dropped passes for the Browns, will greatly improve on that area. Just a feeling.

2. It WILL help to have Travis Benjamin and his speed on the outside to open things up a bit. I have said that I think that Shurmur needs to plan at least 2 40 yard throws to this guy per game just to keep the defenses on their toes, even if those throws have a low percentage of success. You still need to stretch things out. Weeden is supposed to have the arm to do that and "Its All About The" Benjamin is supposed to have the speed.

Agreed on Little. Remember he converted to WR from RB in college and then had to sit out a year and had no offseason last year.

I'm not counting on Benjamin too much this year. I think he's going to have a hard time beating bump coverage off the line (look to keep him off the line as a slot, put him in motion, or run legal "pick" plays with other WRs). But, yes it should help when he does come in. I'd like to see him become maybe a poor man's Torrey Smith (speedster for the Ravens). Just having the QB to throw that pass with confidence I think will open things up more than just Benjamin. Also, with Little losing 10 lbs, he may be fast enough to have success on those long routes, you dont have to run a 4.3 to go up and get the ball down field.

Trent should also help to open things up for the passing game. Defenses used to stack the box because they werent scared of the passing game. Now theyll stack the box because they are scared of our running game. We may see less safety help over top on passing plays..

Agreed on Little. Remember he converted to WR from RB in college and then had to sit out a year and had no offseason last year.

I'm not counting on Benjamin too much this year. I think he's going to have a hard time beating bump coverage off the line (look to keep him off the line as a slot, put him in motion, or run legal "pick" plays with other WRs). But, yes it should help when he does come in. I'd like to see him become maybe a poor man's Torrey Smith (speedster for the Ravens). Just having the QB to throw that pass with confidence I think will open things up more than just Benjamin. Also, with Little losing 10 lbs, he may be fast enough to have success on those long routes, you dont have to run a 4.3 to go up and get the ball down field.

Trent should also help to open things up for the passing game. Defenses used to stack the box because they werent scared of the passing game. Now theyll stack the box because they are scared of our running game. We may see less safety help over top on passing plays..

Excellent point. When Hillis was playing so well two years ago, Colt McCoy seemed like a much better QB. Last year, with Hillis hurt and the Browns having no running game, the QBs didn't perform nearly as well. An outstanding run game will always open up the passing game.

• 2 weeks later...

But what is your point? In all honesty, Slaughter, Brennan, and Langhorne weren't in the caliber athletically as a lot of these so-called big guns. It did't much matter, because between having to cover those three, and some good tight ends and RBs opposing defenses had their hands full, and our recievers caught a hell of a lot of back breaking, game winning passes.

Today's players don't have the same character as players in teh 70s and earlier. In general, men today between 20- 40 are metrosexuals, with very weak spines and little foundation principles to stand on. Men today want to be pampered, and led to believe that their feelings and opinions matter and deserve to be heard. Pussies.

On the field, it manifests itself this way for the Browns recievers. Colt McCoy is a dud. He throws pussy passes, and until this year we had a pussy running game. Our recievers were getting their asses handed to them. Harrison alone took out Massaquoi(sp), Cribbs, AND Colt the cream-puff.

You can shove all of this " if the ball is in your hands you should catch it" stuff straight up your dumb asses. It just doesn't work that way with today's ball player. The recievers know the offense and QB sucked, and in the METROSEXUAL mindset that you 20 - 40 year old pussies live your weird, sissy-ass lives, they simply were more interested in self preservation and living for another day, maybe a better team or even a different team.

This is the shit players like Ocho-Stinko and T.O. initiatd and it caught on everywhere.

The Browns have a real QB, a real RB and some good young players. When you metrosexual pole-smokers realize in game 3 or 4 that all of a sudden the WRs are hanging on, it is beacuse opposing D's can no longer lay back and feast on them.

That's all there is to it. Colt Mu-fucken McCoy makes quadraplegics out of healthy men. The fucking guy needs to be cut. Thank God Hillis is also gone. He was pure shit.

so i was thinking of producing a young female country/pop artist with a veer towards confused angry coming of age female angst. i know you are an accomplished musician and after reading some of your more prolific posts i'll ask for some advice.

maybe you can write some lyrics? some of what you posted are exactly what we are looking for. check out some of these gems:

game winning

back breaking

metrosexual

pussies

pampered

pussy passes

pussy running

sissy ass

pole smokers

quadrapalegic pure shit

sounds like sweet success to me.

so i was thinking of producing a young female country/pop artist with a veer towards confused angry coming of age female angst. i know you are an accomplished musician and after reading some of your more prolific posts i'll ask for some advice.

maybe you can write some lyrics? some of what you posted are exactly what we are looking for. check out some of these gems:

game winning

back breaking

metrosexual

pussies

pampered

pussy passes

pussy running

sissy ass

pole smokers

quadrapalegic pure shit

sounds like sweet success to me.

You can title that song: "Living in Gomerville" and make a lot of money. Every dumbass redneck will buy it.

Archived