THE BROWNS BOARD

Percy Harvin Asks For Trade

Thomaspro

As reported on PFT. Percy Harvin has asked for a trade. Should the Browns pursue him? He has 2 years left on his contract at a little over 900K a year. Is he worth it? Do we trade Cribbs for him?

What are your thoughts on this?

Thomaspro

Oh, it would be great to have him, but:

A. The Vikings ain't trading him. He is just making this demand as an effort to get a renegotiated contract.

B. The cost for him would be more than Cribbs. If the Vikes wanted to trade him...and they don't...they would want at least a 1st round pick. I would certainly be willing to give a 2d round pick, but I, and the Browns, may balk at a first rounder.

C. Are you sure there is that much "love" between Childress and Harvin? I have my doubts.

D. No matter where he was traded to he and his agent would insist on a huge salary increase to report.

E. This is all about the Benjamins....and how do we know that we don't have something as good as Harvin in Travis "Its all about the" Benjamin. Sure Harvin is somewhat proven and Benjamin is not.....but the philosophy of H&H is to the draft route. I don't know why they would make a trade when they wouldn't go after a FA who would have cost nothing in return.

1: He has that whole migraine problem which means he either has a serious head issue or a case of sandy vagina.

2: The Vikes won't trade him. They have him on the cheap for the next two seasons.

3: If they did try to trade him they would ask for much more than he is worth.

4: Cribbs alone wouldn't be enough or anything at all IMO.

5: As stated above if he was traded part of it would include that he receive a huge pay increase over the next two seasons.

[quote name=Th

e Gipper' timestamp='1340209693' post='292997]

Who are "the Big 2" that you refer to?

take your pick

Jacksonville Jaguars: Matt Barkley, QB, USC

That's it. I'm mocking the Jaguars first until further notice. Believe me when I say that the entire front office is in complete disarray. Many members of the Jaguars' organization believe that Blaine Gabbert is a lemon. It also doesn't help that Maurice Jones-Drew is holding out; like Chris Johnson last year, Jones-Drew will suffer because of it.

Jacksonville can afford to take a quarterback in the first round for the second time in three years, thanks to the new CBA rules. The franchise isn't as tied to Gabbert as it would have been in, say, 2010. Gabbert is too craven to play the quarterback position, so after foolishly passing on Tim Tebow, the Jaguars will need to find an upgrade under center.

Cleveland Browns: Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU

Some will slot Robert Woods here, but Mike Holmgren doesn't believe in drafting receivers this early. Tyler Wilson is another option, but I don't think Holmgren will want to give up on another first-round quarterback that quickly. Besides, he needs to upgrade his pass rush up front, as Jabaal Sheard is the only player who can consistently get to the quarterback. Frostee Rucker and Juqua Thomas-Parker were signed this offseason, but they won't contribute as much as Holmgren would like.

It's a pretty close call between Barevious Mingo, Sam Montgomery and Jarvis Jones for who the top pass-rusher will be in the 2013 NFL Draft. The Browns will be happy with any of them.

Miami Dolphins: Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU

The Dolphins entered the 2012 offseason with rush linebacker being one of their greatest needs. They drafted Olivier Vernon in the third round, but there's no telling if he can be a worthy complement to Cameron Wake. If he doesn't show much this year, Miami won't hesitate to pull the trigger on one of the three stud pass-rushers in the 2013 NFL Draft.

St. Louis Rams: Robert Woods, WR, USC

The Rams missed out on Justin Blackmon a couple of weekends ago. As the Jaguars traded ahead of them, Jeff Fisher reportedly slammed his glasses on the table. He went on to draft Brian Quick and Chris Givens, but neither is a likely No. 1 wideout in the NFL. Robert Woods obviously has a much better chance of becoming one.

Oakland Raiders: Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas

The Raiders are really going to struggle this year. They were over the cap, so they had to make cuts. As a consequence, they now have a ton of holes on their roster. They also have a new coaching staff, which I guess is something that the players are used to. And then there's the matter of Carson Palmer, who's a big question mark.

If Oakland is drafting this high in April 2013, there's little doubt that this pick will be a quarterback. The Raiders will have to choose carefully between Logan Thomas, Tyler Bray (leaving him out of this mock because he hasn't played a full season yet) and Tyler Wilson.

Minnesota Vikings: Star Lotulelei, NT, Utah

Defensive tackle isn't Minnesota's biggest need, but it's certainly one area that the front office could address in the 2013 NFL Draft. The Vikings could use an upgrade at nose tackle next to Kevin Williams, and Star Lotulelei would be a great fit. He's also the top player available, so he makes sense from that standpoint as well.

Indianapolis Colts: Jarvis Jones, DE/OLB, Georgia

The Colts did a great job of finding a worthy supporting cast around Andrew Luck. They'll have to use the 2013 NFL Draft to improve their defense. That includes finding an upgrade at the rush linebacker position.

I'm not sure why the Colts re-signed both Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis when they're in rebuilding mode, but they'll need to find someone next spring who can step in and start once either of them moves on (which very easily could be next year).

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: David Amerson, CB, N.C. State

The Buccaneers decided they didn't like Morris Claiborne very much, so they traded out of the No. 5 spot in the 2012 NFL Draft and selected Mark Barron two picks later. They really need cornerback help, so they'll almost have to remedy that need at this juncture.

David Amerson is one of the top cornerback prospects to come along in quite awhile. He has a legitimate shot of cracking the top three - he'd be the first corner to do so since Shawn Springs in 1997.

Seattle Seahawks: Keenan Allen, WR, California

The Seahawks are now impossible to predict because they don't believe in a big board. They'll take Day 2 prospects in the top 15 on a whim. Great job by the PR department though, leaking a bogus story to Pro Football Talk that seven general managers had Bruce Irvin in the first round. Nice try. I spoke to a high-ranking official on an NFC team who told me that they had Irvin as a second-round prospect. Another executive, whose defense runs a 4-3, told us that his team didn't even scout Irvin because he only fit the 3-4.

Seattle's receiving corps is a big question mark. Sidney Rice can't stay healthy; Mike Williams can't control his weight; Doug Baldwin is just a slot receiver; Deon Butler also has injury problems; Golden Tate hasn't lived up to expectations yet; and Ricardo Lockette is a project. If this group disappoints in 2012, the Seahawks will strongly consider a wideout if they are drafting this high.

New York Jets: Eric Reid, S, LSU

The Jets have spent most of the offseason signing old or injured safeties. Yeremiah Bell and LaRon Landry aren't going to cut it. Rex Ryan will have to find a more permanent solution at the position, which could mean spending this selection on Eric Reid, who is a better prospect than Mark Barron. Unfortunately for Reid, he doesn't have the benefit of being pushed up draft boards because of lacking depth at the position.

Arizona Cardinals: Logan Thomas, QB, Virginia Tech

The Cardinals missed out on Matt Barkley and Tyler Wilson, but luckily Logan Thomas is still available. Unless John Skelton really impresses in 2012, Arizona will be in the market for a new franchise quarterback.

Cincinnati Bengals: Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina

I can't believe the best running back the Bengals came out with in the 2012 NFL Draft was Dan Herron. I can't imagine that Herron and BenJarvus Green-Ellis will give opposing defensive coordinators sleepless nights.

Cincinnati will be all over Marcus Lattimore if the team can get him next April.

Tennessee Titans: Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Texas

The Titans have zero depth behind Derrick Morgan and Kamerion Wimbley - and we don't even know if Morgan is any good yet. If he's not, the Titans will consider a defensive end early next April.

Pick change; previously Johnathon Hankins, NT

San Diego Chargers: Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee

The Chargers just lost Vincent Jackson. They could also lose Malcom Floyd next offseason because he's a free agent. Here's a possible replacement if Floyd goes elsewhere.

Pick change; previously Jackson Jeffcoat, DE/OLB

Denver Broncos: Johnathon Hankins, NT, Ohio State

I'm not breaking any news by saying that the Broncos need defensive tackle help. They drafted Derek Wolfe, but still have a hole at the position. The only question is whether John Elway trade down continuously in an attempt to build for the future with Peyton Manning?

Pick change; previously Manti Te'o, ILB

St. Louis Rams: D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama

The Rams will give Rodger Saffold and Jason Smith another shot this year. At least one of them will likely disappoint in 2012, so Jeff Fisher will probably search for a tackle next spring. Fisher played against the Texans twice per year when he was with Tennessee, and he watched Houston completely ruin David Carr's career by not building a competent offensive line around him. He won't want to make the same mistake with Sam Bradford.

Go to 2013 NFL Mock Draft: Picks 17-32

Sorry for cutting this into two halves; I've received complaints about load times and putting the mock draft on two pages saves bandwith.

2013 NFL Mock Draft - Round 2

This is walters mock draft 2013

As reported on PFT. Percy Harvin has asked for a trade. Should the Browns pursue him? He has 2 years left on his contract at a little over 900K a year. Is he worth it? Do we trade Cribbs for him?

What are your thoughts on this?

Thomaspro

Percy wouldn't come here. Not because its the Browns, but because of Childress. The rumors are that he threw a weight at Childress after Childress cut Moss. He hated Childress.

We're not going to add any WR's.

The powers that be really feel that Little will improve after his first NFL offseason. He really had all the cards stacked against him last season, truthfully.

Likewise, they believe with the emergence of Little as #1, MoMass will step up as a solid #2. He's had a couple years working on teams #1 corners, so maybe he'll benefit from being paired against the #2's.

Benjamin/Cribbs will be the slot guys, utilizing their speed, working mismatches and finding space. We'll also stretch the field more often with Benjamin's speed and Weeden's arm.

Cooper will find his way onto the team. He's got a good repertoire with Weeden and apparently very solid hands.

Mitchell/whoever else... We'll see.

That's why we didn't go WR in the draft. I'm sure that's the plan they had going into this draft. If Little doesnt develop, thats the monkey wrench that screws this entire operation and they'll have to address WR very early.

The powers that be really feel that Little will improve after his first NFL offseason. He really had all the cards stacked against him last season, truthfully.

Likewise, they believe with the emergence of Little as #1, MoMass will step up as a solid #2. He's had a couple years working on teams #1 corners, so maybe he'll benefit from being paired against the #2's.

Benjamin/Cribbs will be the slot guys, utilizing their speed, working mismatches and finding space. We'll also stretch the field more often with Benjamin's speed and Weeden's arm.

Cooper will find his way onto the team. He's got a good repertoire with Weeden and apparently very solid hands.

That's why we didn't go WR in the draft. I'm sure that's the plan they had going into this draft. If Little doesnt develop, thats the monkey wrench that screws this entire operation and they'll have to address WR very early.

You may be right. They may view Little as their #1 guy. Obviously to become that he must discontinue the dropsies.

Despite what "they" think, I suspect most of us here think the Browns can still use an upgrade at WR.

fucking hilarious!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah great. now how will they perform? besides little and momass that list makes me sick to my stomach.

There are countless mock drafts on B/R.

I'll take one and put it up against Walter's and show you how much of a dick you are.

At least I would know when my dick is being pulled. You apparently don't.

I was just fucking with you because I knew you wrote for the B/R.

And, I honestly don't think anyone has any better of a clue than anyone else.

I think I could have done a mock draft and have been as accurate as anyone.

Who could have predicted like 8 trades in the first round? Those mess things up automatically.

for the sake of argument...Harvin would be a possible locker room cancer and an expensive addition but he'd instantly upgrade the position and would be the best WR on the team. comparing Travis Benjamin to him is a joke (he'll be lucky to see the field this year).

Percy has had injury issues but is proven. a performance-heavy incentive-laden contract could help entice his pen to scribble paper in CLE...but i doubt it.

still, across from him Little would DESTROY #2 corners.

...and maybe Mo can learn something watching those two and become a serious threat against the #3's...which seems realistic, actually.

Scary lineup:

Harvin = gash

Little = gash

Richardson = gash

TE's etc exploiting the seam and perimeter

i believe Norwood will see as much playing time on offense as Cribbs, with Josh refocusing his energy towards Specials and contributing heavily there. Harvin also adds to this pile being a legitimate returner as well.

the Browns need an elite #1...and that's not Greg Little. Little has real talent but will never be dominant against an opponent's best corners.

having another option on the field that's viewed by the opponent as more threatening would open up his options and really help maximize his production--even if they were used mostly as a decoy to stretch the d and draw coverage and typically just blocked for others downfield. It certainly keeps expensive injury prone players more healthy, and also hampers production saving $$. ;)

Braylon suits this role as well. unfortunate neither will consider CLE, it would really boost the offense.

Braylon suits this role as well. unfortunate neither will consider CLE, it would really boost the offense.

See my post above. At this point Braylon's talent level is at a point where he would be lucky to be the 3rd or 4th best option on a team.

I am of the opinion that many UDFA's could beat him out....including some currently on the Browns roster.

Archived