THE BROWNS BOARD

Weeden Holding Out?

Vagitron

I came here hoping to read the opinions and it seems you guys don't even have a thread about it? Man you boys are slacking! Apparently he's holding out to ensure his 4th year is guaranteed. I personally think it's BS, considering he's done nothing to prove he's worth additional guaranteed money. I do get his angle because he is older but considering where he was drafted I'd be pretty aggravated with his current position. Thoughts?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worry about your own boys,we'll worry about ours...Or secretly. You just love us too much!

Worry about your own boys,we'll worry about ours...Or secretly. You just love us too much!

I'm not trolling but posts like the above only encourage trolling. I saw that he was holding out and came here to read the opinions on the matter. I was surprised to see that there wasn't a thread discussing it. Even when I'm not trolling or "flaming" I still get accused of doing it. I also couldn't care less about Weeden holding out BUT things are slow in the NFL right now and I was curious.

I came here hoping to read the opinions and it seems you guys don't even have a thread about it? Man you boys are slacking! Apparently he's holding out to ensure his 4th year is guaranteed. I personally think it's BS, considering he's done nothing to prove he's worth additional guaranteed money. I do get his angle because he is older but considering where he was drafted I'd be pretty aggravated with his current position. Thoughts?

Training Camp is a month away- too early to get overly concerned yet.

Same thing is happening with your boy Decastro. Same thing happened last season with the players drafted in the same time slot. They all signed in time. Nothing to worry about.

DeCastro isn't holding out. I only made this thread because I thought it was ridiculous that he was demanding his 4th year be guaranteed. I'm sure he'll sign but still think it's being selfish.

You'd better stay home and keep an eye out for Ben....those sorority parties can be very enticing.

DeCastro isn't holding out. I only made this thread because I thought it was ridiculous that he was demanding his 4th year be guaranteed. I'm sure he'll sign but still think it's being selfish.

DeCastro is doing the same thing. All the draft picks in that area are doing the same thing.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a3ba60/article/brandon-weeden-browns-reportedly-stuck-on-contract?module=HP11_headline_stack

The national media is only paying attention to Weeden because he is a QB, but you boy is holding out for the same exact reason.

DeCastro is doing the same thing. All the draft picks in that area are doing the same thing.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a3ba60/article/brandon-weeden-browns-reportedly-stuck-on-contract?module=HP11_headline_stack

The national media is only paying attention to Weeden because he is a QB, but you boy is holding out for the same exact reason.

I'm talking about Weeden saying he wants a guaranteed 4th year which is strange for players drafted in the last part of the first round. DeCastro not long ago reported to the Steelers for the first time because of the class schedule at Standford. Usually it's a guaranteed 3 years for players drafted in the last part of the first and THAT is the reason i started the thread. I'm fully aware that DeCastro hasn't signed but he's not threatening to "hold out" of training camp. He just hasn't signed yet.

You'd better stay home and keep an eye out for Ben....those sorority parties can be very enticing.

You need to grow up. I said a good long while ago I was done playing these games on this message board.

I'm talking about Weeden saying he wants a guaranteed 4th year which is strange for players drafted in the last part of the first round. DeCastro not long ago reported to the Steelers for the first time because of the class schedule at Standford. Usually it's a guaranteed 3 years for players drafted in the last part of the first and THAT is the reason i started the thread. I'm fully aware that DeCastro hasn't signed but he's not threatening to "hold out" of training camp. He just hasn't signed yet.

And Weeden hasn't said he is holding out and I quote, "I don't want to be fined 30K a day." DeCastro did not need to be in Pittsburgh to get his deal done. All those guys mentioned in the article are trying to get all or some of their final year guaranteed. I fine it incredibly stupid that you claim it's weird for players at that point in the draft to get their final year guaranteed when it's only the 2nd year of the pay scale and as I mentioned before all the players from this same draft area held out this long last season to (surprise!) try to get more money parentage in their 4th season.

Go back to your own board and stop trying to kick sand at people from what is a bare cement floor.

And Weeden hasn't said he is holding out and I quote, "I don't want to be fined 30K a day." DeCastro did not need to be in Pittsburgh to get his deal done. All those guys mentioned in the article are trying to get all or some of their final year guaranteed. I fine it incredibly stupid that you claim it's weird for players at that point in the draft to get their final year guaranteed when it's only the 2nd year of the pay scale and as I mentioned before all the players from this same draft area held out this long last season to (surprise!) try to get more money parentage in their 4th season.

Go back to your own board and stop trying to kick sand at people from what is a bare cement floor.

You boys are ridiculous. I start a thread for a legit discussion with ZERO ill will and everyone here is acting as if I'm pissing on their front lawn. I posted this because i DID read that he said he was "holding out" until his 4th year was guaranteed, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it at all.

The difference is that Decastro is the best player drafted ever! and he deserves to make billions. Why not hold out? Cleveland drafted both Richardson and Weeden before him, but Decastro is still so much better, just for the fact that he went to Pittsburgh. The Steelers front office is just so talented that they went to the 20 teams ahead of them and were able to convince them not to take Decastro.

At least this is what Steeler fans here in Western PA have been saying...

You boys are ridiculous. I start a thread for a legit discussion with ZERO ill will and everyone here is acting as if I'm pissing on their front lawn. I posted this because i DID read that he said he was "holding out" until his 4th year was guaranteed, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it at all.

What exactly is he holding out from? The July 4th holiday? DeCastro isn't signed either as are several other 1st round picks. So since training camp isn't started yet either they are all holding out or all aren't. If training camp opens and he isn't signed then I we might have something to discuss.

No you read an article where he said he is going to sign before camps start that the writer decided to title Weeden is Holding out. Decstro is doing the same thing so go back to you Pittspuke forum and discuss that shit.

No you read an article where he said he is going to sign before camps start that the writer decided to title Weeden is Holding out. Decstro is doing the same thing so go back to you Pittspuke forum and discuss that shit.

Some of you are ridiculously sensitive. I came here for the opinion/thoughts of the BROWNS BOARD on YOUR QUARTERBACK. I'm not interested in rubbing salt in wounds etc. I read that he was "holding out" unless his 4th year was guaranteed. Clearly for a few of you it's that time of the month. Christ. I just found it odd because typically if you're drafted at that point your 4th year isn't guaranteed and because he's a older QB coming out of the draft it may be a concern of his. I never thought he'd miss any time or truly "hold out". It's funny that when I'm not here starting BS and had a legitimate question I'm still treated like I'm here to start sh.it. Should I just return to "starting" random "fast track to nowhere" arguments again? is it impossible for people to be civil?

OK.....

ill play along.

it was reported AS RUMOR that he COULD hold out. he has not said as much; rather, its media speculation that he will. of course, he could hold out if he really wanted, but you also must understand he's currently living on his baseball money. players always want guarantees, and this is nothing different. the fourth year is commonly negotiated by most prospects around that draft slot, so (as was demonstrated by decastro not signing) this isn't something terribly concerning. whether or not the exact reason for not signing is exactly the same, decastro is still "holding out" as well.....why we should be more concerned about weeden than you of decastro surely does come off as you trying to stir the pot.

as mentioned...its early. this thread can be revisited in 3 weeks when the run-up to training camp frenzy is in full force.

No one wants to talk to you about something that isn't going to happen. You wonder why no one was talking about it before you posted, it's because it is a none story. Go to your board and ask people why no one is talking about DeCastro holding out and not being signed yet. They will tell you the same thing we are. NONE FUCKING STORY!

Is DeCastro signed? If he isn't signed, then per your standards he is holding out.

Then you are being stupid, or biased, or both. If DeCastro isn't signed, then it means that there is at this point no agreement on some contract term...be it money, years, cars, hookers, bling, or dog food.

Weeden has not signed at this point because there is at this point no agreement on some contract term, be it money, years, cars, Hookers, bling, or dog food.

No damn difference whatsoever.

You are getting bitch slapped not for asking about whether BW3 is "holding out", but for trying to apply a double standard when it comes to your own players.

When you try to play double standards, then you are going to get a double barrell up your arse.

FWIW, I don't think Weeden should be trying to get that fourth year guaranteed. I know he's not holding out, and I'm not trying to say he is, but the disagreement over number of guaranteed years is unnecessary. I understand why he's doing it (age and if H&H get the boot before his contract is up, it'll be harder for the next front office to get rid of him), but if he plays up to his billing, then it will be a non-issue, and he might even get an extension before his rookie contract is up.

It's just unnecessary squabbling in my opinion, holding up what should essentially have been an open and shut thing.

Archived