THE BROWNS BOARD

Nfl: Watson Possibly Getting Cut?

KentLife

Article

Seems like the writer is saying if we need to cut somebody Ben Watson could realistically be on the chopping block. Don't see him getting cut. As long as he stays healthy he is definitely one of our best targets.

More importantly what is in the article is a look at our free agents in the coming year or so. Is it unlikely to resign Fujita or Brown in hopes our recent draft picks can fill in as hopefully more talented players? Also Joe Haden should and will almost definitely get resigned. MoMass needs to step in up plain and simple. And Phil Dawson. Do we keep franchise tagging our Old Faithful or sign him so he can retire with us. I cannot see the front office letting him go unless his play diminishes significantly to the point we would need a new kicker.

Fun Fact: Jabaal Sheard made a whopping $109,647 per sack last season. While Dwight Freeney made 1,931,765 per sack. Both having the same total of 8.5.

I like the guy, but I'd cut him. Play Evan Moore or Jordan Cameron if he ever pans out.

Moore has the best hands on the team. I don't give a damn about his blocking. If you want blocking, put another tackle or guard in the game.

I agree. I'd like to start Evan Moore and Jordan Cameron too. The potential for Jordan Cameron is so high that another year on the bench would be unbearable. You just wanna see a guy get out there and see what he has. No idea why Moore wasn't used more last year.

My opinion is that Moore sat due to his blocking coupled with an already weak right O-line. With Schwartz & also T Richardson's blocking ability, I think Moore's deficiencies in blocking will be far less of an issue. We'll see.

Mike

My opinion is that Moore sat due to his blocking coupled with an already weak right O-line. With Schwartz & also T Richardson's blocking ability, I think Moore's deficiencies in blocking will be far less of an issue. We'll see.

Mike

I agree that we will see his snaps increase but they are not going to go ahead and cut Watson. He has one more season left and I expect them to let him play it out. We are not in cap trouble so cutting him doesn't make sense.

cut him and don't look back. his hands are solid and his speed is average but his vertical is pathetic. he's been getting injured more and more. he also seems to be more of a follower than a leader--although an obedient and submissive one, which is nice.

when Alex Smith started in place of the injured Watson last year there was about a 5% drop-off in play, if that.

Smith is no doubt the best blocking TE on the team, and has surprisingly good hands >> when he gets the weekly reps.

he is also a really versatile football player. granted, there were some issues when he lined up at Fullback last year (due to Marecic not being able to fulfill his duties) but let's face it, he's probably still the best FB in that group over Owen and Smelley.

besides being adept at depth, he's also cheap, durable, a good citizen and teammate, and an experienced veteran presence.

not saying Smith should start, but if they did cut Watson the group would be fine.

Archived