THE BROWNS BOARD

Cautiously Optimistic

BrownRebel

Ok. Let's not even talk playoffs yet. Yet.....

That being said, this gordon pickup, the draft, and the law of averages has me fairly excited. All bs aside, do y'all think 8-8 is a possibility this year, even with our tough schedule?

Caveat: I am thinking 7-9. Also, I have the first pick in my fantasy draft this year. Homer move to pick t rich? (12 teams with 1 keeper apiece)

Yo, I'm seriously feeling way above 8-8. Pick Richardson, you will win. The schedule only looks tough if you're looking at it from a victim's standpoint. Look at it as a fierce and hungry Dawg and then you see the implications. It's no longer big and scary, but a real test to show that we are legit. A lot of teams will say they were surprised and they slept on us, but I'm telling them NOW... they better prepare. It's about to go down.

I'm definitely more optimistic for the future. I don't know about next season though. We have a lot of young talent who have yet to prove their NFL worth. But the bold moves Heckert is making does get me thinking things may turn around. Then again they could blow up in our face.

I'll be the same, cautiously optimistic.

pretty much right on USF....

this much youth makes it hard to know what to expect....but i much rather this situation opposed to the alternative which we've seen already....a team of over the hill vets who are slowly declining.

lets face it....we cant go much lower. improvement is the only direction we can really go. how much depends on these kids pulling thru.

Ok. Let's not even talk playoffs yet. Yet.....

That being said, this gordon pickup, the draft, and the law of averages has me fairly excited. All bs aside, do y'all think 8-8 is a possibility this year, even with our tough schedule?

Caveat: I am thinking 7-9. Also, I have the first pick in my fantasy draft this year. Homer move to pick t rich? (12 teams with 1 keeper apiece)

I am optimistic for the future, but also mindful of the fact that for this year at least the Browns will be a very, very young team, that will, unfortunately have to experience some growing pains:

QB Rookie Weeden

RB Rookie TR

FB Maybe a Rookie, maybe a 2d year depending on if it is Smelley or Marecic

TEs Veterans of Watson and Moore play, or 1 2d year man if Jordan Cameron plays

WR1 2d year Little

WR2 Rookie assuming it is Gordon...or Benjamin

RT Rookie The Schwartz

RG 3rd yr Lauvao

C Veteran Mack

LG 2d year Pinkston

RT Veteran JT

DE1 2d year Sheard

DE2 Veteran Frostee

DT Veteran Rubin

DT2 ??? who is going to replace 2d year Taylor? Maybe a Rookie like Hughes/Winn

OLB1 Veteran Fujita, though it could be a rookie JimMickJack

OLB2 Veteran Gocong (OLBs here prove that maybe it is better to go with rookies)

MLB Veteran DQJ

SS 3rd/2d year TJ Ward\

FS ??? Vetera Usama Young? Better to have a rook or 2d year player

CB1 3rd year Joe Haden

CB2 Veteran Sheldon Brown.. perhaps to be replaced by 2d year Skrine?

Fully half of the Browns starting lineup will consist of first or second year players. Lets just hope they all have the talent we think they do to compete, and that they quickly mature.

Depth at WR, DB, LB, DT is all relatively young. Now, it feels like a few vets sprinkled in with a group of 20-25 year old greenhorns.

Being able to (presumptively) go into next years draft with a sticky note of needs rather than a laundry list may be the turning point. Jobs are now earned based on performance, and we've an entire squad of hungry young football players eager to prove themselves. If teams arent worried at a minimum....especially our first few competitors....about what to expect from this many talented rookies, then we could embarrass some people.

I gotta say....i think i missed the boat on gordon. Kids just not who i ASSumed he was....could certainly do more than earn his mail ticket. This year was kinda an alignment of the stars so to speak.....ill leave it at that. but a big armed, accurate QB with 2 speedsters to take the top off in addition to little, with a tank in the backfield.....all in one offseason. Fucking....wow.

That said....all rookies....including the RT. Theres many different ways for this to play out.....cautiously optimistic. :)

Archived