THE BROWNS BOARD

Public Transport To Lions Game

Horn of Lake Erie

Me and few people are interested in going to the preseason game this Friday but would strongly prefer not having to drive all the way there and back. Do any bus companies offer special event buses to and from Detroit?

All the way there? Jesus, its Detroit, not Seattle. It is only 162 miles away by car. Next to Pittsburgh it is the shortest distance from Cleveland to another NFL city. Are you menopausal that would disallow you to drive on interstates? In my opinion it would be far, far more convenient to drive than to take a freeking bus. The only reason I would take a bus would be if it were a planned party excursion bus. But I wouldn't want to have anything to do with Greyhound or Trailways.

But I wouldn't want to have anything to do with Greyhound or Trailways.

I worked several summers on the ore boats out of HS and a year or two in college. A family friend was a captain and he got me connected through Cleveland Cliffs. I go my final bump in Detroit and had to take the bus home.

Trust me, the Detroit Greyhound station isn't a place you want to visit.

All the way there? Jesus, its Detroit, not Seattle. It is only 162 miles away by car. Next to Pittsburgh it is the shortest distance from Cleveland to another NFL city. Are you menopausal that would disallow you to drive on interstates? In my opinion it would be far, far more convenient to drive than to take a freeking bus. The only reason I would take a bus would be if it were a planned party excursion bus. But I wouldn't want to have anything to do with Greyhound or Trailways.

Wow Gipper, that was quite a rant. i'm guessing he was referring to a chartered round trip (which is a fun way to go). For the record, i've taken a bus many times from St. Ignatius to Canton, Massillon, Boardman, others.

Dude, here is a company, but it looks like they don't do the preseason games. i got it from a quick google search, so there might be others. http://browns.bowlbus.com/

Gipper, you seem to talk from experience. What the hell got your thong in a wad? And yes, Roach, I was referring to something like that. As an Ignatius grad, I remember the school had general buses to go to away games. Colleges often have charted buses to take people to and from the game. So, I figured that due to the popularity of the Browns and due to the proximity of Detroit to Cleveland, a local bus company might be offering chartered service to and from Detroit.

depending on where you live ask the bar crowd.

we have charters all the time in area little villages that go either to mohegan sun or atlantic city.

i would think a bar that is a famed browns sports bar would have something going on.

Gipper, you seem to talk from experience. What the hell got your thong in a wad? And yes, Roach, I was referring to something like that. As an Ignatius grad, I remember the school had general buses to go to away games. Colleges often have charted buses to take people to and from the game. So, I figured that due to the popularity of the Browns and due to the proximity of Detroit to Cleveland, a local bus company might be offering chartered service to and from Detroit.

OK, I may have misunderstood. If you want to find a party bus that goes up there and back that would probably be cool and fun. I guess I thought you were whining that it is such a long drive there that you couldn't handle it. My bad.

I was not giving you any sympathy because I have to drive back and forth to San Antonio. Over 3K miles. That will be a bitch at my age. I am 60, not a college kid.

Archived