THE BROWNS BOARD

The Watch Review

The Watch

20th Century Fox

R 100 min

Ben Stiller. You sure, are the son of a legendary American comedy family and one of our brightest younger stars. Vince Vaughn. You burst on to the scene with a heck of a perfomance in PSYCHO and have been very successful since then. Jonah Hill. We all thought you were going to be a mainstream actor after the kudos from that baseball flick. Seth Rogen. You used to be a really clever writer.

(Richard Avoade..... I'll give you a pass since you don't have a real track record.)

Let me ask you gentleman:

What the hell were you smoking??

Was there no one among your circle of acquaintances with the balls to tell you that THE WATCH what is going to be one of the biggest turds in film history?

I certainly hope all you guys have friends who will stop you from doing really dangerous things, like drinking and driving but somebody should have waved the red flag here. Whew.

This is a fairly threadbare plot; four idiots caught up in a situation far beyond mortal man, but that's far from the problem.

Basically Evan (Stiller) Is the kind of nebbish who devotes much of his time to organizing little community groups. Did I mention that he’s a manager at Costco? I imagine that they have paid a lot of money for business placement. Why? Because the name Costco and the f bomb make up about thirty percent of the dialogue in this stinker. Hey maybe Sam’s Club put up the money in order to make Costco suck by association?

But I digress...

When one of his employees is murdered and every inch of skin removed from the corpse (And why in the world would Evan be called upon to identify the body?) he decides to start a neighborhood watch. His recruits will include Franklin (Hill) a lecherous but gung ho loser who lives with his mom (Can you say typecast?) Bob, (Vaughn) a loud mouth moron who has a man cave that makes Dave and Busters look like a pinochle parlor and Jamarcus 3 a nerd of unspecified ethnics. He's the least obnoxious of the trio of enlistees but that's not saying much.

Anyway it all stumbles into a sci fi mishmash about alien invaders, but you probably won’t care any more than I did.

After a half hour of zero humor you’ll wish the space goons would just kill everybody.

The only reason this is an R rating is that nearly every sentence contains at least one dirty word. Guys, if you already have an R at least sport us some nudity for gosh sakes. I don’t mind cuss words folks, just make ‘em funny.

This one is horrible.

F

WSS

The Watch

20th Century Fox

R 100 min

Ben Stiller. You sure, are the son of a legendary American comedy family and one of our brightest younger stars. Vince Vaughn. You burst on to the scene with a heck of a perfomance in PSYCHO and have been very successful since then. Jonah Hill. We all thought you were going to be a mainstream actor after the kudos from that baseball flick. Seth Rogen. You used to be a really clever writer.

(Richard Avoade..... I'll give you a pass since you don't have a real track record.)

Let me ask you gentleman:

What the hell were you smoking??

Was there no one among your circle of acquaintances with the balls to tell you that THE WATCH what is going to be one of the biggest turds in film history?

I certainly hope all you guys have friends who will stop you from doing really dangerous things, like drinking and driving but somebody should have waved the red flag here. Whew.

This is a fairly threadbare plot; four idiots caught up in a situation far beyond mortal man, but that's far from the problem.

Basically Evan (Stiller) Is the kind of nebbish who devotes much of his time to organizing little community groups. Did I mention that he’s a manager at Costco? I imagine that they have paid a lot of money for business placement. Why? Because the name Costco and the f bomb make up about thirty percent of the dialogue in this stinker. Hey maybe Sam’s Club put up the money in order to make Costco suck by association?

But I digress...

When one of his employees is murdered and every inch of skin removed from the corpse (And why in the world would Evan be called upon to identify the body?) he decides to start a neighborhood watch. His recruits will include Franklin (Hill) a lecherous but gung ho loser who lives with his mom (Can you say typecast?) Bob, (Vaughn) a loud mouth moron who has a man cave that makes Dave and Busters look like a pinochle parlor and Jamarcus 3 a nerd of unspecified ethnics. He's the least obnoxious of the trio of enlistees but that's not saying much.

Anyway it all stumbles into a sci fi mishmash about alien invaders, but you probably won’t care any more than I did.

After a half hour of zero humor you’ll wish the space goons would just kill everybody.

The only reason this is an R rating is that nearly every sentence contains at least one dirty word. Guys, if you already have an R at least sport us some nudity for gosh sakes. I don’t mind cuss words folks, just make ‘em funny.

This one is horrible.

F

WSS

What did you think of tropic thunder?

• 3 months later...

I watched this over the weekend, it was bad but not as bad as I thought it was going to be after the reviews. It was a crap movie with some decent bits of "guy humor" here and there. It made me laugh a few times, so that's worth the watch with me and comedies.

Zombo

Archived