THE BROWNS BOARD

Norwood And Mitchell

Thomaspro

Can anyone tell me how these guys are doing in camp?

Norwood looked like he was starting to come into his own last year as a speedy deep threat. And Mitchell has been under whelming at WR and injury prone. Can anyone tell me what is going on with these guys this year?

I have just heard radio discussion that those two would probably be "on the bubble" for roster spots along with Josh Cooper. How many WRs will the Browns keep?

How many Flying Js will we have?

Josh Gordon

Greg Little

MoMass is apparently looking improved and may keep his spot.

Benjamin apparently will be a keeper

Josh Cribbs, assured because of Kick return duties

That leaves Cooper, Norwood, Mitchell. How many WRs they keep may depend on if they keep 3 or 4 TEs. You might throw Alex Smith into the mix.

Alex Smith only stays if Mitchell Schwartz starts off slowly.

I haven't heard anything about Moore either though.

So presumably we have Watson, Cameron, and Gronkowski as TE's.

Then at WR we would have Gordon, Little, Massaquoi, Benjamin, Cribbs, Cooper, and Norwood.

Yes, we keep 7 WR's because Cribbs isn't really a WR anymore.

If MoMass starts on PUP C. Mitch stays Coop has really good hands and probably will push Norwood out since skrine, cribbs and benjamin will play on special teams. If MoMass is out for 4 games then we will see Cribbs come back in he is a good slot reciever and we need bigger guys like C. Mitch, Gordon and Little...look how Detroits big guys though slow just destroyed us on certain plays. C. Mitch has good hands just a crappy route runner, though at this point is still faster than Gordon and has better hands.

With all these injuries the NFL really has to say ok...the roster will be set at 60 now

I watched the Bengals game and they had at least 3 guys go out in the first half

With all these injuries the NFL really has to say ok...the roster will be set at 60 now

It's now at 53, 47 can dress for games. If it was at 60, soon people would call for 64.

I am not so much disagreeing with you, just pointing out that no matter where the roster was set, some would feel it needs to be a few more.

If anything, just allow everybody to dress and be game eligible.

Archived